-
Posts
44 -
Joined
-
Days Won
4
Everything posted by believeinsherlock
-
I love this episode so much, mainly for the interaction and initial meeting between Sherlock and John. So many good moments: John's amazement at Sherlock's deductions When Sherlock asks John to go with him for the first time The "drug's bust" scene Meeting between John and Mycroft Chase scene John shooting the cabbie & subsequent "shock blanket" scene when Sherlock realises it was him. They walk off together laughing and joking, new best mates for life and then Mycroft's final line that ends it all - yes yes yes EPIC!!
- 636 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Episode Discussion
- Series 1
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is a fun topic if you've got the patience to do it. Basically, post up any references or nods to the original canon texts that are in the series. I'll start with a few from Sign Of The Four seeing as a few of you have already mentioned you like that one. To make it easier to distinguish, the ACD characters will be "Holmes and Watson" and BBC characters "Sherlock and John": Holmes talks about his analysis of tobacco ash He makes fun of Watson’s write up of the Study In Scarlet case saying it’s too emotional and sentimental, just like our Sherlock makes fun of John’s blog Hoilmes only takes drugs because ordinary life is so “dull” and is pleased when Watson offers him a mental challenge because it will stop him taking more drugs ie. Stop him being bored Holmes describing his role as “consulting detective” to Watson. Holmes’s impressive analysis of Watson’s watch becomes the analysis of John’s phone in Study In Pink Watson comments that the woman was very attractive and Holmes says “is she? I did not observe” – he hasn’t even noticed. Watson calls him a machine and inhuman. Holmes knows all the London street names and his mind is like a map! (like chase scene in ASIP). Use of Homeless Network (Baker Street Irregulars) OK now your turn!
-
Please please make it like The Empty House...God how I love that story.
- 1,303 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Polls
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Music of "Sherlock"
believeinsherlock replied to JessieBlackwood's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
Yeah, watching the show has made me dust off my violin and start playing again - it makes me feel cool as hell when I play it. -
I was definitely a "no" person. Being a lifelong Sherlock fan I was really sceptical about doing a modern Sherlock and I didn't watch any of the first series when it was actually on. It's my parents fault I'm now completley Sherlocked because when Belgravia came out on New Year's Day I was round at their house and they made me watch it! And I totally fell in love with it although it was only after Reichenbach when I'd been unable to sleep for 2 nights thinking of theories that I realised I was totally obsessed. Then I went back and watched the first series. Now I feel stupid for ever having doubted that it could work - it's obvious! And I honestly think Cumberbatch has it spot on - that's exactly what a modern Sherlock would be like. Also, love the fact that I have the same phone as Sherlock....
-
Speculation: What Would You Like To See In Series 3?
believeinsherlock replied to Banshee's topic in Series 3
MORAN MORAN MORAN MORAN MORAN MORAN MORAN Seriously though...it will obviously pick up with a recap on what happened last time, followed by several scenes showing the aftermath of it all, mainly focused around John's devastation and the other people Sherlock has left behind. I definitely think Sherlock will return in the first episode though. There's only so much they can do of John moping around. Remember it's not fan fiction, all of the episodes are essentially action based and I think they'll remain that way. What people want to see is the reunion between John and Sherlock, and Sherlock's explanation of how he did it, which will probably be explained in the usual classy way with flashbacks and Sherlock making it seem all incredibly simple and glaringly obvious. We have to consider what makes Sherlock return at that precise moment in time. Why not 6 months earlier, a year earlier, or in a year's time. There has to be SOMETHING that makes Sherlock decide,"yes now is the time to make my return". If you read The Empty House (and I would strongly recommend you do because it's totally awesome), then the reason he's returned is because he finds out Colonel Moran has come back to London and sees an opportunity to catch up with him. He appears to Watson in disguise obviously thinking it will be fun, but then Watson faints lol. I don't think John will faint because that's a bit old fashioned. I think his initial emotions will be disbelief, then anger, then joy. I've also entertained the possibility that John might punch Sherlock. They'll definitely hug because they'll both be really pleased to see each other (but not in a Johnlock way!) I'd like to see them stick pretty closely to The Empty House...it has some really cool parts that would be easily adaptable to the modern setting. And it has Moran - 2nd most dangerous man in London. -
Speculation: How Did Sherlock Do It?
believeinsherlock replied to Banshee's topic in Rumours & Speculation
This is my theory exactly. The out of character thing was accepting fame. "I'm a private detective, the last thing I need is a public image" and "don't make people into heroes John...I'm not one of them" - he's allowing himself to be made a hero. Why? Because he knows it will draw out Moriarty into playing his final end game, something that was mentioned at the end of Great Game. I also don't think Mycroft would have purposely given away info about his little bro. He's not that stupid. He also did it on purpose to lure Moriarty. Mycroft and Sherlock were in on it together very early on. I don't think he knew he would have to die/disappear until after the Richard Brook incident at Kitty's flat. That was when he clicked exactly what had to be done and that was when he went to see Molly immediately to arrange the specifics. I think everyone accepts now that Molly was involved. Mycroft is definitely invovled too IMO. He didn't jump into the dumpster truck, the pavement is way too wide for that and he wouldn't take that big a risk - what if he missed? Also he didn't "leap" out, he just allowed himself to fall straight down. If he was planning to land in the truck he would have had to make more of a running jump. I'd say it's more likely that he had Homeless Network arranged with some kind of landing net. Notice how everyone surrounded the body really quickly afterwards. The net was probably thrown into the dumpster truck which then drove away, also pre-arranged as an extra block to John's view (as well as the building in the middle of the road - Sherlock told John to stay "right where you are" so his view would be sufficiently obscured, and then arranged for him to be ran over by the bike so he would miss other vital details). The gang would then put a load of fake blood on Sherlock and he could just lie there playing dead until he was carried away. It was definitely a "live" body falling too, dead bodies don't fall like that and it was definitely Sherlock lying on the pavement. Even John after the being knocked over would have been able to spot a stone cold corpse from a freshly "dead" one. Even if he didn't pick up on it immediately he would have thought about it afterwards when something didn't quite ring true and started to question the events. I don't think he used a rubber ball. That's just a red herring. Too risky, it could have just fallen out for example when he was falling, why take that chance. I read somewhere that there's a particular drug that can really slow down your pulse and seeing as he was already at a hospital, he could have easily got hold of something like that; although John only held his hand for a few split seconds before being pulled away (conveniently I might add). The sight of the blood and the fact that he'd just fell from a really tall building would be enough to convince him that his friend was dead. He was really only feeling the pulse out of desperation, common sense would be telling him that no one can survive a fall like that. Mycroft made the arrangements for Sherlock to get away and Molly would have done the death certificates and had another body put in Sherlock's coffin for the funeral. Anyway, I'll probably be too embarrassed to read this when S3 comes out. -
With regards to the missing body...Sherlock didn't know that Moriarty was going to kill himself so there's no way he would have been able to pre-arrange for Molly or Lestrade or anyone else to remove the body after the fall. As far as I can tell there wasn't any time space between their conflict, his phone call to John and the jump during which he could have made a call or sent a text to arrange such a thing...it was all a continutation. In The Final Problem which is the original canon story it's all inspired by/based on, Sebastian Moran is hanging around nearby and is the only one who sees what happens and knows that Holmes isn't dead. Maybe they're going to utilise that aspect and Moran will remove his boss's body...Another theory...notice that Sherlock drops his phone before he jumps. It's possible he had prearranged with Molly for her to come and collect the phone from the rooftop (for some reason that is at the moment unclear to us), and that when she came up to collect the phone she saw Moriarty's body and got rid of it so Sherlock wouldn't be accused of murder on top of being called a fake. With regards to whether he's dead or not, Moriarty is definitely dead. A bullet in the head is pretty final, and I don't see how you could fake something like that. Also, he dies at the end of The Final Problem and doesn't make a return, unlike Holmes, so I'm pretty sure Moftiss will stick to that. Also, Moffat said in a recent interview that you can't keep bringing someone back because it gets boring and predictable. Having said that, he didn't COMPLETELY rule out a return for Moriarty - here's a link to the article - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03- … k-villains Don't forget that in the canon Moriarty has a brother, also called James and apparently just as naughty. Moftiss also mentioned this fact in one of the audio commentaries, can't remember which. Personally, I think it would be a great cliffhanger ending to Series 3 to have Moriarty (or Moriarty's brother who has now taken over from him) reappear.
-
These are hilarious. Gonna have to try it out.
-
That sounds awesome. I'm far too wimpy to get a tattoo.
-
I literally wouldn't go anywhere without my Blackberry. And especially now I know that Sherlock uses a Blackberry, makes it even more cool! I also carry a lucky dice...which sounds kind of weird but it's a tiny dice I found on the floor one time and since then I always have it in my pocket. I don't think it's ever brought me any luck though. These days I also carry a Sharpie around so I can graffiti "Believe in Sherlock" on toilet walls.
-
Hi everyone...I'm a 25 year old Sherlock fan from Manchester, England. Was a big geeky ACD fan when I was about 11 then recently rediscovered the awesomeness that is Sherlock Holmes thanks to Moffat & Co. Now I'm going back and reading all the books again just trying to pass the time till Series 3... This is the 4th Sherlock Holmes related forum/message board I've signed up to and I actually run my own one too (http://sherlock.boardhost.com) so everyone's welcome to join that as well...I don't think we should be rivals or anything, we all believe in Sherlock after all... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here and taking part in some fun discussions. It's just great to meet other Sherlockians and not have people think I'm a bit weird.
.jpg.e24dbe8a0c548ab9e378bc396ae750de.jpg)