Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

What is your case of blindly overconfidence?

Mine:

WhatsAppImage2026-09-27at43817PM.jpg

 

I swear I wasn’t drunk when I bought this.

I haven’t started it.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Posted

Am I missing something or merely overthinking this?  It looks like the pieces are all alike -- so am I supposed to say "ha-ha, it's a joke!"?  Would it help if I could read Chinese?

 

Posted
On 5/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, besleybean said:

I attended a Republican rally against the monarchy.

That's not U.S Republican!

Bev, you enabled me to correct Google!

I assume y'all have noticed that Google's results these days start with an "AI Summary," which typically ends with a list of related questions / answers.  I was looking up some info on John Cleese (of Monty Python), and one question in the AI list was "Is John Cleese a Republican?" to which the AI replied that he's British and therefore does not participate in American politics.

I typed in a reply to that reply, pointing out that a British Republican is someone who isn't keen on the monarchy system, which may or may not describe Cleese.  And the AI immediately responded with "You are completely right, and that is an excellent correction," then continued with more details, followed by evidence that Cleese may indeed border on being a (British) Republican.

Hopefully, it'll remember that the next time someone asks.

Thank you, Bev!

 

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 3:49 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Am I missing something or merely overthinking this?  It looks like the pieces are all alike -- so am I supposed to say "ha-ha, it's a joke!"?  Would it help if I could read Chinese?

 

Nope, it doesn’t help if you can read Chinese. I don’t know what it says. Perhaps it’s something like ‘you must have been dropped as a baby.’ Update: it means White Hell. That is actually the name of the puzzle. I believe the black version is called Black Hell. Yes, the pieces are alike, almost identical.

I have done a few 1000pcs micro puzzle (the end product size is 38×26cm/15×10inches, while normal 1000pc puzzle is 70×50cm/20×27inches), and I have done a micro 200pc blank puzzle like this. It was around Covid and there was a time when I had to take care of hubby in the hospital, but the main reason was: I was nuts.

Anyway, I have been wanting to do this but the first time I had it (yes, I bought it twice), I didn’t have a dedicated space. I got it at a sale and ended up giving it away to a distant relative who also likes puzzle (didn’t know at first). She just said thank you and I’m sure she won’t get in touch with me again.

Then there was another sale, and here I am. And now I have a small portable table so my excuses are running out.

It was surprisingly fun when I did the 200pc. I needed to lay out everything and squinted at every edge. You see my concept of fun is the proof I’m very fun at parties. I didn’t even know where I put the end result of that. It was a piece of white, very underwhelming.

I hope to finish    this before 2027    in a few months    next two years    before I die.

This is the photo of my dog Locky and another micro 1000pc puzzle with an printed image.

20210327_124853.jpg

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.