What are the best threads on this Sherlock Forum?

parv

There are many topics on this forum. So what are your favorite one that you think everyone must follow(if active) or check out the whole thread(if it is not active). It doesn't matter if it has got 100 reply or 10000 reply.... 

I'm particularly fond of some of the picky-little-detail threads (like the current discussion of #221 Baker Street), but that's kinda like saying my favorite part of the salad is the olives -- it wouldn't be much of a salad without all the other veggies.

We use the terms "topic" and "thread" pretty interchangeably, Parv, so I don't think we misunderstood your original question -- you made it pretty clear with the details you provided in your first post.  But apparently we're not giving the sorts of answers that you were looking for.

Do you want us to recommend specific threads that we think everyone should at least have a look at?  Threads that if someone had never seen them, we'd say, "What? You've never even looked at that one?!"

If so, then I'd say all of the episode threads for sure.  Maybe other people can think of more "don't miss" threads.

So what's in the Irene Adler forum..? :)

You mean Irene's Lounge?  Not much.  Things have been pretty quiet in the "adult" section lately.  (I certainly wouldn't classify that as a "don't miss" area.)

Don't you need permission to get in there..? ;)

Pawse, you need to ask Tim (Undead Medic) for adult access.  Just send him a PM.

Bev -- what happens when you try to look at "adult" threads?  If you're blocked, then you don't yet have access, so just send Tim a PM.  (He's usually very good about responding, though it may take a few days.)

Do you want us to recommend specific threads that we think everyone should at least have a look at?  Threads that if someone had never seen them, we'd say, "What? You've never even looked at that one?!"

If so, then I'd say all of the episode threads for sure.  Maybe other people can think of more "don't miss" threads.

Yes, I was looking for that. 

ok I will check episode threads for sure. But are there any unique threads like you suggested (one named"lateral thinking problem")?????

The "problem" is that there are lots of unique threads.  But what would be fascinating to one person might be boring to another.  So I'd say your best bet would be to look through the forum yourself.

Of course, the whole issue is complicated by the fact that some subjects don't have their own thread yet, and even if they do, some of the most interesting discussions on that subject may be located on a different thread.  If you're hoping to find discussion on some specific subject, try the forum Search function (the advanced Search page is accessed via the little "gear" icon immediately to the right of the Search box at the top of each page).  Alternatively (since the forum Search doesn't always seem to work) is to use Google Advanced Search to search just the forum site (though this won't find objects that are more than a few layers deep in the tree structure).

• Like 1