Favorite Moments and Images from S4

Arcadia

• 3 weeks later...

Another favorite part (because I haven't mentioned it enough in other parts of the forum already) is the little ballet between Sherlock and Mrs. Hudson when he catches the teacup and she grabs the gun. Probably my favorite bit in the whole season.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I loved that scene too as well as what follows with Mrs. Hudson stepping out of the Aston Martin once it stops at the therapist's house then opening her trunk showing a somewhat scared/shocked looking Sherlock.  I also like that somehow all 6ft of Benedict fit in that trunk.

• Like 1

Well, he's had plenty of practice folding himself into a little ball in that chair in 221B. ^_^

• Like 1

Another favorite part (because I haven't mentioned it enough in other parts of the forum already) is the little ballet between Sherlock and Mrs. Hudson when he catches the teacup and she grabs the gun. Probably my favorite bit in the whole season.

Oh yes, that was wonderful. I thought there were many little scenes like that in The Lying Detective, just lovely little cinematic jewels that made the episode so much better than the other two.

• Like 2

^ That. Plus the "bag moment" in TLD, the way how high Sherlock cannot keep up with his brain spitting out deductions.

The knife we see sticking in the door and the book flying through the kitchen when Mrs Hudson is going upstairs.

The rattle scene, because it's so good old Sherlock.

The fact that Mr H starts to clean the kitchen in the therapist's house - clearly an OCD case ( I wonder who had that idea )

Sherlock's line about Mary putting a weight(?) on his life - because it's something I pondered about many times, and it's exactly what I think.

The change in the light when Sherlock and Eurus play violines at the end.

The moment when Sherlock finds the Bison Skull and Sherlock puts the earphones on it. The gesture has something very intimate about it, maybe even more intimate than the hug.

Funny - thinking about it - it seems like those little "side effects" almost disappeared among the big effects and moments that were supposed to be obviously funny, like "Sherlock Holmes the Pirate", or this line about sex…

As for Ms H stepping out of the car - I was 110% sure it was Sherlock driving. :D I also love the completely confused expression on his face.

• Like 3

Yes, I love all those too, and I note many of them are from TLD, which I thought was as good as this show ever is. Definitely one of my top 6 episodes.

I think maybe the line you are wondering about is this, JP ....

In saving my life, she conferred a value on it. It is a currency I do not know how to spend.

I think that may be one of my favorite bits of dialog in the entire show.

I know it was a little over the top where they went with Mrs Hudson this series, but I must admit I love it. I adore Mrs Hudson. And with her background, it actually makes more sense that the nice old lady is merely a facade. My favorite line was "you're not my first smackhead, Sherlock Holmes".

Of course it's also more plausible how well she and Sherlock get along and that she tolerates him as a tenant if she is a bit of an extraordinary person herself.

• Like 3

Agreed and BC's delivery was awesome as well.

• Like 1

It's one of those lines in the show that are so true that they make you cry.

And they are so wise that they actually don't fit into the genre. Maybe that's why so many people expected the end to be somehow - I don't know - more mature? more profound? Or at least it would make sense…

As for Mr. H. I like her secred persona, BUT I don't like the Aston Martin. It's too much, a noble but more "normal" car would do it also. Because it must be a pain for her to use it with her bad hip. Okay, maybe it's the reason why she use it only in emergency. :rolleyes:

Maybe the car is similar to Doctor Strange's car in that the shift levers are up by the steering wheel so it's not so bad for her hip.

• Like 1

It's one of those lines in the show that are so true that they make you cry.

And they are so wise that they actually don't fit into the genre. Maybe that's why so many people expected the end to be somehow - I don't know - more mature? more profound? Or at least it would make sense…

I think the "your life is not your own" quote fits into that category too. That was another favorite bit for me, especially when he repeats it at the bridge and you know he's thinking of Mary, and of what his own faked death did to John. Nice.

I prefer this piece of that dialogue:

SHERLOCK: “Taking your own life.” Interesting expression. Taking it from who? Oh, once it’s over, it’s not you who’ll miss it.

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/88998.html

• Like 2