Sign in to follow this  
Olivia

Forum colour and theme

Hello all,

I am brand new to this forum and before I even try to read up on all the Sherlocky goodies here I have to ask - is there a way I can change the colours of the site? I need a light background and dark text or I can't read it at all without getting a headache. Is it possible to change? I can't find this particular setting, but I am new, so I thought I'd ask.

Hello Olivia and welcome to the forum! :wave: Sure you can change it - look to the very bottom of the site, to the left, right next to the orange RSS button - there it is, "Change Theme".

Thanks, that's not where I was looking!  :lol:

If we put it where everyone expects it to be, we wouldn't be a good detective forum, now would we? ;) Seriously, glad the look is working for you now. :smile:

• Like 1

True, I need to get in the right mindset.  :sherlock:

• Like 2

Hi, Olivia. Welcome to Sherlock Forum! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who needs dark-on-light contrast for readability. :smile: My favorite is good ol' IP.Board.

Hi, Olivia. Welcome to Sherlock Forum! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who needs dark-on-light contrast for readability. :smile: My favorite is good ol' IP.Board.

Nice to know, as it made me feel old as dirt. The IP.Board is not only readable, but looks like all web pages did back in my days, when HTML was the limit, and makes me nostalgic.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hey, if you're as old as dirt, then I must be -- hmm, as old as rocks?

Anyhow, I faced the same issue when I first joined. Took me a while to find that series of posts just now, since I had basically hijacked a thread. But here it is. (Note that some of the themes Tim mentioned are no longer available, and there are a few new ones.)

• Like 1

Hey, if you're as old as dirt, then I must be -- hmm, as old as rocks?

I'm a geology minor, so I can attest to that being a good thing.  B)

• Like 1

Because rocks live for millions of years, if they are not sandstone. Thanks for the help, ladies, as usual I have to remove the flipping snowflakes, like last year, they are extremely annoying and distracting! A Happy festive season to you all!