Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/27/2026 in all areas

  1. What is your case of blindly overconfidence? Mine: I swear I wasn’t drunk when I bought this. I haven’t started it.
    2 points
  2. That means they are even smarter! I believe so. My dog has 87 nicknames and he knows them all. On topic, here is my neighbor's dog, Archie. Archie thinks my hose water is the best, he has exorbitant treat tax rate for me, and he tries to sneak in whenever he can. Nowadays I have to help the neighbor 'catch' him because he always tries to escape her while let me grab him. I have no idea why she let him roam outside. It's dangerous even when we have a pet-friendly neighborhood.
    1 point
  3. That's from just over five years ago, and I've been assuming our area is simply too rural to *ever* have cable service. But some months back, we started seeing evidence that it might actually be coming our way, and then a neighbor down the road mentioned having it installed recently, and they seem quite satisfied with it. So today we signed up for just the their internet service, which should be installed in about a week. I may have mentioned about a year and a half ago that our landline-and-internet service had suddenly gone kaput, and that the erstwhile provider seemed in absolutely NO hurry to do anything whatsoever about it (other than send a bill every month!). They kept postponing our technician appointment, to the point where I'm pretty sure they don't even HAVE any techs around here. So we finally cancelled their "service" and got Starlink, which was quite a relief, and also enabled us to get VOIP phone service from another company (without even changing our number). Problem is, wonderful though Starlink is if you have a clear view of the sky and/or no alternatives, there are enough trees in our area that every so often our internet goes away for a few minutes. And since VOIP phone service relies on the internet, our phone service isn't 100% reliable either. Now that we do have an alternative, switching to cable internet *should* solve both of those problems, as well as giving us higher speed and a smaller monthly bill. Will keep y'all posted!
    1 point
  4. That's her problem! Oh -- hi, Arcadia! Didn't see you lurking standing there!
    1 point
  5. I don’t owe this book, this is not my picture, but I have checked, this is a real book! Tell me, how did the author do their research? Did they have to get peer review? How do readers check the accuracy? Should anyone get to the bottom of it? How do we crack the case? Why is this so cheeky? Should we get behind this book???? Or should we laugh our asses off????? (Arcadia would kill me if she read this!)
    1 point
  6. Fantasy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself!
    1 point
  7. Here is an animated version of "The Sign of Four" Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four
    1 point
  8. I don't know, you have to ask Barry
    0 points
  9. And they say that anime isn't educational! (At least I assume that "they" say that. "They" say it about pretty much all the fun stuff, don't they?) I learned it from a blog (by an American living in Japan), myself -- though I don't offhand recall when/how I found out *why* it means only underwear (namely, because the Japanese got the word from the British, who for reasons still unknown to me, were using it that way at that time). I went just now to check the "Scandal" thread (where I revealed my then-newly-acquired knowledge), but the only explanation I gave there was "I have recently been informed." Big help!!!
    0 points
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.