Jump to content

Sherlocked

Detectives
  • Posts

    28
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by Sherlocked

  1. MOFFAT! I WOULD ASK HIM WHY HE IS SO INTENT ON RUINING MY LIFE WITH RIDICULOUSLY LONG INTERVALS BETWEEN SERIES'. DOCTOR WHO HAS NOT BEEN ON FOR NEARLY A YEAR! SHERLOCK WILL NOT BE ON FOR *AT LEAST* ANOTHER 12 BLOODY MONTHS AND MERLIN HAS NOT BEEN ON IN LIKE FOREVER! I have so much rage. But he would be so cool to meet. He has written some of my favourite shows on tv.
  2. What about Irene Adler? Sherlock respected her almost as much as he does John. JohnLock shipping simply comes from the latent homoerotic tension between Holmes and Watson. Every adaptation has some JohnLock undertones to it, it's pretty unavoidable because of the relationship that the canon characters have. And Moffat and Gatiss, like beliveinsherlock said, play around with the idea of them being perceived as gay because it's acceptable to do so in out social climate. And therefore, the fan girls, (including me), will ship it because it has been given to them on a silver platter.
  3. Yep. Says so in A Sign of the Four - "DAMN IT!" I exclaimed as the chip and pin machine refused my card for the second time. I was all too aware that one more time and my card would be locked and to save the bother of going to the bank, I merely shouted at the machine and flounced from the market stall, giving the dear woman serving me quite a fright. I hailed a cab and proceeded to my newly acquired residence where I informed Hoilmes that I shouted at a chip and pin machine in the market. Holmes, being the ever peculiar man that he is, tenderly stroked is violin, smirked, and told me to use his card." - Wordsworth Classics, page 15.
  4. And remember that Watson also hates Chip and Pin machines, like John.
  5. Well... I have no idea how it was done. But Sherlock asking for help is the most out of character thing in the whole episode. Sherlock obviously knew what he was going to do. After all, he did choose the play ground. I think that he was genuinely shocked when Moriarty killed himself, and that moment of panic was real as was his tears for John. It clearly has something to do with Molly, the homeless network and the truck that was parked outside the hospital... When I get hoome from my holiday, I'm going to sit and study Reichenbach.
  6. *Ducks* FANDOM FIVE! Same as me. I'm actually obsessed by Harry Potter and Doctor Who. Welcome to the forum! I'm new too, but everyone here is pretty cool!
  7. I don't have the best taste in music. But I'll listen to pretty much anything. My favourite of all time is probably Johnny Cash. Ah man, I love that man's voice! I'd also recommend The Goo Goo Dolls, Mumford and Sons, Less Than Jake and I have a huge thing for One Direction!
  8. - The Doctor (preferably, 10, but all the others are great) - Lyra Belacqua/silvertongue (His Dark Materials) - Hagrid (Harry Potter) - Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) - Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre) - Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights) - Doctor Cox (Scrubs) - Sherlock (Pretty much every one) - Dumbledore (Harry Potter) - Belle (Beauty and the Beast) - Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)
  9. Oh wow! You have a published book? That's so cool! It's a dream of mine. And there are some fantastic fanfic writers out there who really should have their work published. But like the OP said, it does sound like something you would find on ff.net. I ship JohnLock like you wouldn't believe, but I don't know if I'd actually buy a book about them unless it was a hard copy of MadLori's Performance in a Leading Role.
  10. Hahaha, that just sounds like an elaborate fanfic to me!
  11. Hi Sherlock *waves* It's very nice to meet you sir! How's John?
  12. Can I rant about Fandoms as well? I belong to a Harry Potter forum and have liked several Harry Potter pages on facebook. Well, basically what their entertainment consists of is bashing Twilight. It really, really grates me. I mean, I have no love for Twilight - I've read the books and decided that I didn't like them - but I don't care that other people think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Leave them be, why don't you? I just hate that the Harry Potter fandom seems to validate their love for HP by continually bashing Twilight. GET OVER YOURSELVES! Apart from that, I'm in agreement with John - Self service checkouts suck.
  13. My all time favourite film is Enemy at the Gate. I have a thing for anything about warfare and I have a particular interest in communist Russia. Throw Jude Law into the mix and this film was practically made for me. And I also LOVE Taken with Liam Neeson in it.
  14. I don't really watch a great deal of TV, so I'll just provide you with a list of things that I actually watch religiously: Doctor Who is my all time favourite tv programme. I have watched it pretty much my whole life. Torchwood (And I quite enjoyed miracle day - well, for the first couple of episodes anyway) Merlin (basically anything the BBC/Moffat is involved in ) Scott and Bailey 90210 (Yes, I know it is so trashy, but I love it so much!)
  15. This makes me sad Benedict would be such an amazing master, he does the whole cruel and calculating so well. But still, Rupert Graves is going to appear in the series, so we still have a little bit of WhoLock.
  16. I really like this episode! I live on Dartmoor and almost cried when I saw this on the telly! CUMBERBATCH AND FREEMAN WERE SO CLOSE AND I MISSED THEM! Obviously, my Cumber-senses were not on form that day I thought that it was a brilliant updating of the original, and if you watch it at night (like 11pm onwards), the bit where Henry is channel hopping and the wolves are on the screen and the lighting and bangs....well that is pretty scary!
  17. I pretty much take everything but the kitchen sink everywhere with me. I always have a book in my bag though. Other than that, my phone, a pen, iPod and a crapload of receipts and random pieces of paper that I seem to be a magnet for.
  18. I just love Sherlock Holmes in any shape or form (seriously, next to Cumberbatch and Freeman, my favourite interpretation is Disney's The Great Mouse Detective), so I wasn't wholly worried. But I did have my reservations, like Banshee said I wondered how much they could take Sherlock out of the Victorian setting without it completely failing. But they got it so right. So, so right. And I think that it is down to the writing - they manage to keep so much canon/actual lines from the books in and it just works. All hail Moffat and Gatiss! What do you guys think about Elementary? I don't see how a female John (Joan - eww) will work. The whole Watson-Holmes relationship is basically built up on sexual tension/bromance. To make Watson a girl will just change the whole dynamic of the story.
  19. I want the first episode to have both John and Sherlock's story through the 3 year gap (do you think it's going to be 3 years?), and then a massive cliffhanger at the end where Sherlock turns up/reveals himself to John. I just want to see how they've lived their lives without each other. I would also like to see Mary Morstan. I can't believe that we haven't actually seen her yet - I mean, John marries her. I think that it is probable that we will never see her in BBC Sherlock, I don't think that they'll move John out of 221b would they? I don't believe it would work as well. And I ship JohnLock so hard and would probably cry if he and Sherlock were separated more than they need to....
  20. YAY TUMBLR! The website that has successfully ruined the little life that I have left! This is me: http://cardboardtardis.tumblr.com/ I don't post very often (I'm usually stalking the Sherlock #tag), but when I do it's all very fangirly. I have an obsession with Benedict Cumberbatch and Darren Criss so I mostly post about them, with a bit of the tenth doctor thrown in for good measure. I sometimes post graphics that I have made too
  21. Thanks for the welcome! You guys are all so cool
  22. Yes it does have Moriarty and Moran in. But Andrew Scott has forever ruined any other interpretation of Moriarty for me! I thought that the second was better than the first. It's very funny as well.
  23. ANDREW SCOTT That is all. Well, it isn't, but let's face it, HE MADE THIS EPISODE. It was just a stunning interpretation of Moriarty. I'm just pleased that someone actually decided to play/write him so crazy. It definitely worked, and the fact that he was so unhinged actually made him more of a villain than the usual calculating professor that is normally portrayed.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.