Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

It could.  But Moriarty did say "I owe you," specifically, "I owe you a fall."

Posted

Hey, it's like Romeo and Juilet! They both died at the end. :P

 

Except they didn't.

 

But it looked like that to John, at least!

 

Did it?  He couldn't have seen Moriarty die even if he'd been back by then, and I'm still not sure whether Moriarty is generally known to be dead (in the Sherlock universe).  The police apparently know, because Anderson's crackpot theory made use of Moriarty's body.  But I don't recall that any of the news reports ever mentioned it.  What about John's blog (if that's considered "official")?

Posted

... I'm still not sure whether Moriarty is generally known to be dead ... What about John's blog ...?

I had a quick look through John's post-Reichenbach posts, and the only mentions of Moriarty are in regard to his lying about Sherlock. He's never mentioned in the present tense, but that could be simply because there had been no new news about him. [Note: the blog stops with "The Sign of Three"]

Posted

James 'Jim' Moriarty

 

Don Michael Corleone

 

Look at their pose, almost mirrored each other. Funny coincidence or another Easter Egg for us beside brolly and John Steed?  :D

  • Like 1
Posted

The pose of power. :D

  • Like 2
Posted

You're right about their mirroring -- they've crossed their legs in opposite directions, but otherwise their poses seem identical.  Wonder if that was intentional, or if that's just (as Arcadia says) the standard pose of power.

  • Like 1
Posted

It could just be a simple case of seeing someone or maybe in this case hearing about someone and being interested/attracted to them, and that doesn't necessarily means a sexual attraction, kind of like love at first sight when someone feels a connection with a person even though they have only had a snap shot of them, that snap shot intrigues excites and is full of possibilities.

Posted

It could just be a simple case of seeing someone or maybe in this case hearing about someone and being interested/attracted to them, and that doesn't necessarily means a sexual attraction, kind of like love at first sight when someone feels a connection with a person even though they have only had a snap shot of them, that snap shot intrigues excites and is full of possibilities.

 

:D Is there such thing as love on the first sight? I thought it always an attraction, then lets see what might come afterwards. In Jim's case, it is an obsession, another form of a need to possess.

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah guilty of using well know phrases there, not a believer in love at first sight myself, as you say its just instant attraction.

Posted

Yeah guilty of using well know phrases there, not a believer in love at first sight myself, as you say its just instant attraction.

 

So far we already see how Sherlock actually have a dark side too like most people. It is a shame Moriarty was killed so quickly before we can see anything substantial. Unless he was meant as an evil character without any kind of redeeming quality at all. Too bad if that's the case, I prefer characters that like cut diamond with many facets. 

Posted

I always found something a little sad about Moriarty ... if he hadn't been so stark raving mad, he might have turned out differently. I never thought of him as evil so much as just insane.

  • Like 1
Posted

I always found something a little sad about Moriarty ... if he hadn't been so stark raving mad, he might have turned out differently. I never thought of him as evil so much as just insane.

 

A sane Moriarty would be really frightening. Are we sure that we want Sherlock to turn into an even darker series? Because until now Jim Moriarty strike me as more of a prankster / Loki-alike character with many toys rather than proper criminal mastermind.  :lol:

  • Like 1
Posted

A sane Moriarty would be really frightening. Are we sure that we want Sherlock to turn into an even darker series? Because until now Jim Moriarty strike me as more of a prankster / Loki-alike character with many toys rather than proper criminal mastermind.  :lol:

Except that he murdered quite a few people! :o

 

I don't mind if the series gets darker, as long as there's some promise of returning to the light at the end. I can take being depressed for only so long!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

A sane Moriarty would be really frightening. Are we sure that we want Sherlock to turn into an even darker series? Because until now Jim Moriarty strike me as more of a prankster / Loki-alike character with many toys rather than proper criminal mastermind.  :lol:

Except that he murdered quite a few people! :o

 

I don't mind if the series gets darker, as long as there's some promise of returning to the light at the end. I can take being depressed for only so long!

 

 

Yep, just like Loki. Collateral damage, you know, cannot have a proper show of 'this is a menace' without it  :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.