clavery111
Detectives-
Posts
255 -
Joined
Everything posted by clavery111
-
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
I defintely can see CAM in Loubouton shoes! ; ) -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
CAM had the goods on Janine. He could "leverage" her to work whatever hours he dictated. He said that "janine kept her eyes open once" while he was flicking John - thus meaning he'd flicked Janine. Ew - what an evil guy. As Moffat said on the commentary, Magnussen deserved to get shot in the face right then and there just for the flicking! -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
who or what is "the Other One" -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I think he does know and since he can "control" it/her then it doesn't matter to him. He can keep it quiet so it doesn't matter, doesn't have to be accounted for. Although, it is possible that Sherlock, John, and Mary managed to keep it secret. Mycroft didn't know about Leinster Gardens for example. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Not the same shooting but I've always wondered about Sherlock shooting CAM: I don't see how the media, CAMs or otherwise, could have NOT reported Sherlock shooting CAM. There were hordes of SWAT team members present who observed it, not to mention the 3 or 4 private security that CAM had at the house. Sure, the SWAT team members were told to keep it quiet but - look at what happened w/ the SEAL team that killed Bin Laden. 2 years later and there are book deals. Mycroft could not have kept them all quiet. And then there are the private security guys of CAMs. They would be out of a job and eager to earn money. BTW, I've always wondered why those security guards did NOT frisk John and Sherlock when they arrived at Appledore. Bad security guards! Given how prominent a scene it was when they frisked the boys inside 221b, you would think Mofftiss would remember .... With Sherlock's shooting of CAM being public, his rehabilitation must be accounted for as in a pardon, or a legal finding of some sort.... -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
No. <<<sobbing then shaking fist at sky yelling, "Mofftiss"!>>> -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Didn't Moriarity state that rogue governments, assassins and etc all were beating down his door to get to him? Same would apply w/ the flight info - he'd sell it or use it to advertise his bona fides for future dealings. Plus, I would imagine he'd pressure Irene for some of the huge profits she was expecting to get from Mycroft and the Brit gov't. In any event, I hope they do resolve the Moriarity "miss me" tape as I've spent way too much time wracking my brain about it since TAB aired. I'm not sure I could take the stress of delay -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Lately, I've been thinking Mycroft - Magnussen connections.... Mycroft is the only one who could've told/informed Magnussen about Redbeard. You're right, he possibly could've told Moriarity and then Moriarity told Magnusses but ... Mycroft's initial reaction to hearing Sherlock mention Magnussen was really so strong and shocking that there must be something afoot. What's Mycroft hiding or trying to control here? --The prime minister met 7 times in one year w/ Magnussen - is Mycroft trying to control or shape that relationship? --Lady Smallwood is just starting to investigate and rile up Magnussen - is Mycroft trying to control or shape that ? --MP John Garvie, the white male on the committee w/ Smallwood who dared to question Magnussen - he gets his very quickly.... on the tv in the CAM building, as Sherlock and John enter it at 7pm, the news scroll says, "Garvie arrested on charges of corruption" --did Mycroft get Magnussen's broadcast organization to broadcast the clip of Moriarity so as to get Sherlock back in UK? I don't really think so but it's intriguing Questions, questions, questions... -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I have my doubts. You don't threaten your clients with skinning them alive. :D She was the trap. Her phone was a bait. All to get the information about Bond Air. Something that Jim wanted. What for is another question. Agreed. Once Irene provided Moriarity w/ the flight #, she was of no use to him and he was of no use to her. She "made her way in the world" and doesn't want to be in his network or under his - or anyone's - control. And she was lucky to escape any association w/ Moriarity alive, quite actually, don't you think? -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
"murder, mystery, and mayhem" "clueing for looks" "adventure, terror, and romance" take your pick. Mofftiss really are devils, aren't they? My brain is coming up empty for the "exactly" and the "now" .... -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
hee hee... as Mofftiss says in the video commentary of TAB, they can say for sure that Sherlock will be in it. John Watson will be in it. 221b will be in it, and etc. The devils! -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
Well, that'll be FUN! Ha ha ha I read the Hound commentary transcript again yesterday and am once again gobsmacked at how much fun Mofftiss has w/ it all: the plots, the characters, the filming, the sets, the costumes, and etc etc etc. They really are making one VERY good show, eh? -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Let's see the timeline.... TRF and Moriarity's death then the 2 year hiatus. Sherlock returns in November (remember, remember, the 5th of November) when John gets thrown into the pyre, then they have the engagement party where they say a May wedding is planned. The wedding occurs and then one month goes by so it's August when Shezza makes his appearance. Then a forward time-jump to December and the Xmas Day shooting of Magnussen, then one week in solitary confinement and then on the tarmac after TAB puts us at....late Dec/early Jan 3 years and 1 month since Moriarity killed himself. Is that right? and 13 months since Sherlock's return from Eastern Europe. Mofftiss can, of course, be choosing this as their solution. I'm just saying it's not an elegant solution.... does that make me an Anderson? ; ) -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
My take on this line was that he was making a joke about TRF to John. As in, "Ha ha. I survive a "fall" if it is one of 13 variables planned out and plotted by me, my brother and all of MI5" -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I was thinking exactly the same in the last few days. :D I've thought that also but the counter-argument to it is this: it's been two and a half years since Moriarity died, in Sherlock world time. If he'd left a bug in computers behind (the virus in the data) why did it wait so long to trigger? To me, this would be very weak plotting by Mofftiss -- but it certainly is possible for them to chose it. Like a math problem, I'd like to see a more elegant solution. -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
Hmm... I think I've missed it. What is it that you think Mofftiss is referring to when he says there's a clue that the fans haven't found...? -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
what does a dream of flying mean? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/dreams-about-flying_n_891625.html -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
Other than Lord Moran, who was up on that wall too, I don't think the others will have any role to play. Could be wrong - it's all up to Mofftiss, of course. But at least so far, it's only Moran who figured in a story. I felt it was a way for the show to get in many actors from minority groups to meet quotas actually. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I took his fall in TAB to be the drug-fueled version of the common dream that we all have of flying, of being able to fly in our dreams. In Sherl's case it is turned into superhero version of that common dream, as it would given his nature (and Mofftiss' natures). ; ) And in his drug dream, rather than die when he lands, he wakes up inside the plane and into modern day once more. I often die when I fall when having the flying dream --- and wake up in cold existential dread. Not always though.... I agree that it was a treat to see Victorian TAB but that was enough of that for me. Part of the charms of this show is it being in modern day. Part of the charm of TAB was it being a drug-dream one-time treat and now we return to the "real" show. In TAB, Mary says to Sherlock and John when they join her in the de-sanctified church that "This is the heart of the conspiracy, the heart of it all". Wonder if that is Sherlock's brain telling him that Mary will find/has some sort of relation to the "heart of the conspiracy" ... Moriarity's conspiracy/network? the North Korean conspiracy of Lord Moran? Maybe this is the clue that Moffat referred to as being there for us to find? What do you all think? -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I think that BC's acting and the directing of Scandal definitely HINT at both a foot f e t i sh and at his liking being beaten by Irene. Hints only - but I see it, and I wasn't looking for it. Hopefully that doesn't make me weird. I think it adds to the hot-house flower nature of Sherlock, his complexity and singularity. I laughed at the Sherlock "flying" visual at the waterfall the first time I saw it - you know, where it fades in and out of focus briefly - and not in a good way. I was sure it was BAD technique compounded onto a bad idea of Mofftiss' - until I heard their commentary on how they loved it. Remind anyone of the Sherlock-Batman moment from the unaired pilot? Groan. He's not a super-hero w/ super-powers, Mofftiss... or at least he shouldn't be that, IMHO. Boton: Good for you for finding and using a "prop" that boosts your confidence in business meetings etc, and thanks for the heads up on the "f" word and autoblocking here. Who wooda thought that that word was banned? Not me, that's who. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Not to mention some toe fungus.... ; ) -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Thanks Boton! Congrats on your bold shoe wearing! Do they make you feel like Irene when you're wearing them? Don't answer that if you don't want to... ahem. And I definitely think Sherlock gave a very *interesting* look to Irene's feet during the living room scene as she removes hers.... just like he gave some interesting facial responses to her er... whip... during the scene in her bedroom. *cough, cough*. I've watched TAB many times as well and agree - it is a treat and hold ups very well to repeated viewing. My fav scenes: Sherlock-Mycroft #2 (where do you get such expressions?) and the psycho-sex-drug fueled Moriarity-Sherlock scene. The waterfall scene is actually my least fav one.... it's almost embarrasing IMHO.
.jpg.e24dbe8a0c548ab9e378bc396ae750de.jpg)