clavery111
Detectives-
Posts
255 -
Joined
Everything posted by clavery111
-
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
If you come across this interview/article again, please post it here or send it to me. I'd like to read it. Muchos gracias! In the TAB DVD interviews, BC says that at first he thought Mofftiss was "barking mad" for wanting to do the Victorian setting but then he says something like.... "but when they told me what is going to happen next, after TAB, then I was all in favor " Interesting and enticing! -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I know what you mean. But, it's not like we're having a conversation w/ him. THere's room for lack of context, change of minds, misunderstandings, and etc when trying to interpret what he/they state from afar.... like the oracles from Delphi and us mere mortals try find insight/meaning. I also think they're making the show ambiguous on purpose. But, maybe there will be firm resolutions by end of S5. Who knows? We have to stay tuned to see. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
which is typical alienation behavior from addicts -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
It all comes down to what Mofftiss is up to, doesn't it? What they meant when they said that they are "modernizing" him. Genius in one area of life but severely restricted in others/addicted to drugs? I don't buy it when Moffat said that "Sherlock was happy in himself". No addict is "happy in themselves" no matter what the addiction is, and no matter how much good in the world he/she does in other areas of life. The addict is "happy" enough but ... to modern eyes? to all others? to the philosophically and emotionally mature and stable? Sherlock may be happy but... could be happier, healthier, more productive if NOT an addict for example. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
In one of the commentaries Moffat said that shooting Magnussen wouldn't bother Sherlock in the least. He hated the man and logic told him there was no way out of the situation that he found himself in other than shooting Magnussen so .. bang. He shot him. Sherlock didn't loose any sleep over it. Or words to that effect.... -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
oh, THAT. ; ) -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Hmm... maybe TAB Sherlock is so grumpy because... modern Sherlock is reacting to John being married now? ie. "why do you need to be alone"<--- modern Sherlock is feeling left out/left behind now. This could explain why TAB Sherlock had that entire nighttime conversation w/ John. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
Yeah, that's what I'm puzzled about... the Victorian Sherlock (ie. drugged Sherlock's drug-MP) seemed SO different to me - in a markedly grouchy way. What does it mean when drugged modern Sherlock dreams of himself as extremely grumpy/grouchy/ yelling at everyone? and especially at John? Is it just being short-tempered due to drugs? on top of his snobbery/superiority? or something else? -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I still found it notable and surprising how TAB-Sherlock was really angry and grouchy -- most often w/ John -- so often. To me, it was a shocker and quite different from his non-TAB persona. I try to imagine Mofftiss saying to each other: Sherlock is very very high in TAB and thus thinking about XYZ is going to make him very grouchy and defensive. But, I can't quite figure out what the XYZ is... just this nagging feeling that some message is there but it is not getting through to me -
Here's my theory: whatever happens in S4 will put Sherlock through the ringer. I don't know what that is, but that's why I'm not sure that Mary will die in S4 - because that puts John through the ringer instead, and he's done that already. Also, although Sherlock loves Mary as a friend, she's not his best friend, nor is he intimately involved with her, so her death would only have a second-hand effect on him. Again, John would take the brunt of it. So something will happen that I believe will just crush him for a bit. Maybe finally burn the heart out of him... but he will be like a phoenix and rise from the ashes. Mycroft has been used more and more over the series, more importance and more screen time, and it might be time for him to bow out. It's not the Sherlock and Mycroft show afterall ; ) Seriously though, it might be part of Sherlock's "growing up" arc to have Mycroft die. Sherlock then learns how to function, as a consulting dectective, w/out him. My theory is that John's story arc is to lose both Mary and the baby. It was only a question of timing. Would it be in Epi 1 and thus S4 would be dealing w/ his grief and his learning how to live w/out them? or would it be the Epi 3 cliff-hanger and S5 will be John learning how to come to terms w/ his grief. Sherlock's arc is to get off drugs, IMHO. I like to think that Sherlock gets off drugs so that he will be able to help John deal w/ his grief at losing Mary/baby/family life. An exchange amongst friends.
-
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I saw TAB last night too - it was on my local PBS - and that 2nd meeting w/ Mycroft (and the subsequent 221b scene w/ Moriarity) are my fav bits Mycroft says to Sherlock that "when you push a maths professor off a cliff".... the first time, to my knowledge, that Moriarity was referred to as a Professor either in TAB or in any of the episodes of modern Sherlock. Then Sherlock replies that the body was never recovered. The juxtaposition of these two sentences, and the reference to "professor", made me assume (or deduce) they referred to the Victorian Moriarity here. But, you are right! Maybe it will be a clue to the modern day Moriarity and his body. Maye we will learn in a future episode that he was not recovered from off the roof, but I don't think so. Sherlock and Mycroft had 13 plans in place, with all the personnel needed to implement them, and I'm sure cleaning up the blown off head/removing the dead body of Moriarity was on the to-do list. Anderson just happened to dream up a scenario that somewhat overlapped with Lazarus, just by happenstance. What I noted about TAB last night was how GROUCHY Sherlock was in most of it...to everyone! crabby, grouchy, yelling (THERE ARE NO GHOSTS!) and downright unpleasant to be around. Anyone else struck by that? what could it mean? -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
if it was in his pocket the CIA guy would've seen it and/or felt it easily I think? I seem to remember he wriggles his arm to suggest he is making the can fall out of his sleeve and catches it in his hand just before he klonks the CIA guy with it. There is an image (I stopped the tape to check this) before this - and before he touches Hudders - where you see the outline of the Zil can inside his sleeve. <<< ashamed to say I stopped the tape to check this >>> -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
hee hee. I like your emojis. (the system will not let me "like" anymore posts - ???) I am too likable apparently. -
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I know, right! He was patting Sherlock down and ... Plus, Sherlock extended that hand/arm down and out to touch Mrs. H's face,wrist, etc. The can would've fallen outta his sleeve and rolled around on the floor! -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
...or discussing the SHOES! -
Moffat's "we've missed it" statement...
clavery111 replied to sfmpco's topic in BBC Sherlock General Discussion.
This is my take on it also -- just a way couples have of checking in w each other and saying "bye" etc. Typical couple interaction w/out a deeper meaning. -
someone on twitter or tumblr said they'd either seen it or read that someone had seen it a very iffy sighting/clue but I thought I'd just pass it along.... it would fit w/ his murdering Magnussen while being on drugs, in solitary prison x one week and now.....needed by the gov't but must submit to rule of law.
-
Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)
clavery111 replied to Undead Medic's topic in Special and Series 4
I'm going with "plot hole". A big glaring plothole. : )
.jpg.e24dbe8a0c548ab9e378bc396ae750de.jpg)