Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

From Sherlockology:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ec_rPApKCA

 

 

 

“No ship should go down without her captain…”

The final, huge trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness. Nothing else to be said except to enjoy…

 

Posted

We saw this trailer on the big screen for the first time on Sunday, and we were both like: "IS IT MAY YET???" :D

Posted

Hubby found this on the Radio Times web site:

 

Chris Pine to join Benedict Cumberbatch on Graham Norton show

 

29275.jpg&width=620&height=374&quality=8

 

 

 

Paul Jones 11:21 AM, 23 April 2013

 

 

 

Question: What's better than Benedict Cumberbatch on a sofa? Answer: Benedict Cumberbatch and Chris Pine on a sofa. In your living room.

 

Yes, following last week's news that the Sherlock actor will be appearing on The Graham Norton Show on Friday 3 May, producers have today revealed that he will be joined by Star Trek Into Darkness co-star Chris Pine.

 

The sci-fi sequel sees Cumberbatch as chilling new villain John Harrison, taking on Pine's Captain James T Kirk in a battle that wrecks the USS Enterprise and destroys half of London. Thankfully, the pair are good friends in real life so the sofa action is likely to be a lot more cordial.

 

And we'll be in Wales that week, so we can actually watch it on television!

Posted

Early reviews from those who saw STID in Australia, include this:

 

tumblr_mlzzy0Mmkp1snnjboo1_500.jpg

 

And we all know he will be on Letterman May 9th, attending the NYC premiere that evening and I believe will be on Good Morning America the following morning.

Posted

Wow. Just ... wow.

 

This makes me sad that, while we're going to the premiere, it's gonna be the dubbed version (marriage means compromise :wub: ) - and the German voices they picked for all the leads are no substitute at all for the originals. Ah well, at least I have an excuse to preorder the blu-ray :).

 

Incidentally, have you seen this video?

 

 

Proof that Mr. Cumberbatch is fluent in technobabble (German,not so much, though :lol:).

Posted

Proof that Mr. Cumberbatch is fluent in technobabble (German,not so much, though :lol:).

 

Well, he's just being trilingual: An Englishman reading German with a French accent!

 

Posted

Definitely, eyebrow and all :llap: . Actually, his French sounds decent as well from what I can tell (only had a couple years at school, though).

Posted

Links from Geny's tumblr:

 

Both Chris Pine and Benedict Cumberbatch, along with Kim Cattrall, were guests at the Graham Norton Show, official link here, though it seems that one only accepts folks in the UK (and only for a couple days, too), but this one here worked fine for me (Geny's got more of them here). Additionally, the BBC's posted two clips from the show which worked fine here in Austria.

 

Haven't seen much of it yet apart from the clips (busy weekend), but appearently we're part of The Cumber Collective now :lol:.

 

eta. Watched it now. Oh dear, he should be dead on his feet by now from all that (night) filming and premiere and interview stuff, and yet he remains amiable and gracious. And that deadpan teabagging bit was hilarious.

  • Like 1
Posted

Just came back from the cinema - loved it :wub:, good storytelling, though the pace was a bit too fast overall for me (husband liked it just fine, though). Both Pine and Quinto are great, and Mr. Cumberbatch is one seriously scary villain. Will post more tomorrow.

 

Go see it :).

Posted

We just arrived in London last night, so we could go and see it before it even opens back home.  But I think we'll wait -- so many other things to see here!

 

Once we get home, though ....

 

:D

 

Posted

I bow before your self-restraint. I'd be in the theater before you could say "Tribble" (well, I was ;), which kinda proves my point).

 

Posted

 

 


We just arrived in London last night, so we could go and see it before it even opens back home.  But I think we'll wait -- so many other things to see here!

 

 

 


I bow before your self-restraint. I'd be in the theater before you could say "Tribble" (well, I was ;), which kinda proves my point).

 

Now if it were The Hobbit, it'd be another matter entirely!

 

Posted

Sherlockology has posted two reviews of Star Trek Into Darkness -- first there's a spoiler-free review, and then by clicking on a link at the end of that, you can also read a more detailed and definitely spoilery review.

 

stid1_1.jpg

 

Posted

Two tumblr links with Star Trek 2 gifs:

 

This one might be a spoiler; I don't really think it is, without any context given, but click at your own risk (totally worth it, though ;)).

 

This one's no spoiler, it's from an interview, but I found it sweet, and apropos.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Sherlockology has posted two reviews of Star Trek Into Darkness -- first there's a spoiler-free review, and then by clicking on a link at the end of that, you can also read a more detailed and definitely spoilery review.

 

 

 

My review?  Awesome.  I've seen it 4 times, loved it.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

This is a video of Benedict Cumberbatch at a Star Trek Into Darkness press conference (I think) in Japan; no spoilers, since STID apparently hasn't aired in Japan yet, so I put it in this thread:

 

 

Nothing much seems to happen until 27 minutes in, btw.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.