Sign in to follow this  
Artemis

Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Exclusive first look at animated series "What If...?", an exploration of alternate outcomes in the MCU.  Coming to Disney+ in summer 2021.

"WandaVision" trailer #2.  Begins streaming on Disney+ on January 15.

• Like 1

Exclusive first look at "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier".  Begins streaming on Disney+ on March 19.

"Loki" series trailer.  Premieres May 2021.

"Loki for President", lol.

Good heavens, where did all this come from all of a sudden?

One big announcement a few hours ago, lol.

• Thanks 1

MCU’s “Spider-Man 3” cast will reportedly include Spider-Men (and associated characters) of the past, such as Tobey Maguire (2002) and Andrew Garfield (2012), as the MCU ventures into the multiverse.

Filming wraps in March, and the movie is set to release in theaters on December 17, 2021.

Everything we know about the MCU’s Spider-Man 3.”

7 hours ago, Artemis said:

MCU’s “Spider-Man 3” cast will reportedly include Spider-Men (and associated characters) of the past, such as Tobey Maguire (2002) and Andrew Garfield (2012)

Did they say whether the past Spider-Men would be playing Spider-Men (in an alternative universe, say), or play different characters?

1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Did they say whether the past Spider-Men would be playing Spider-Men (in an alternative universe, say), or play different characters?

Not conclusively; they don’t like to give much away.  But I would feel safe presuming they will be playing Spider-Men.  They are also bringing in Doc Oc and Mary Jane from Maguire’s Spider-Man trilogy, as well as Electro and Gwen Stacey from Garfield’s Spider-Man.  I doubt they’d all be playing different characters.  We already saw the J. Jonah Jameson from Maguire’s Spider-Man show up at the end of “Spider-Man: Far From Home” in his familiar role as the antagonistic publisher.

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

they don’t like to give much away.  But I would feel safe presuming they will be playing Spider-Men.

Interesting.  When they do remakes (which admittedly this isn't exactly) any actors brought back from the original usually just have random cameos.  The only exception I can think of offhand is Leonard Nimoy's Spock, appearing alongside Zachary Quinto's new Spock in the first three reboot movies.

How about the Maverick remake? (this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110478/ ) James Garner plays the (spoiler I guess) father of the char he played in the original.

4 hours ago, Caya said:

How about the Maverick remake? (this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110478/ ) James Garner plays the (spoiler I guess) father of the char he played in the original.

There have been a heck of a lot more Maverick remakes (or sequels, or whatever) than I was aware!  I think I've only ever seen one of them.  OK, here's a list of the tv series and movies that brought the character back.

Marvel's "Morbius".  In theaters March 19, 2021.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:47 AM, Caya said:

How about the Maverick remake?

I still love Mel Gibson's "Maverick".  I don't really want or need another one, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

I still love Mel Gibson's "Maverick".

Which one was that -- movie or tv? and if Garner was in it, who'd he play?

9 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Which one was that -- movie or tv? and if Garner was in it, who'd he play?

Movie (the one Caya linked to).  IMDb says James Garner plays Marshal Zane Cooper.

• Thanks 1

Did you ever see the original tv series?

I think I might have watched one or two episodes, but it didn’t interest me at the time.

Wonder Woman 1984, trailer #2.  In theaters and available to stream on HBO Max on Christmas Day!

• Thanks 1

This is rather lengthy, and I doubt it will interest most people here; but it was quite good I thought.  It's not something I would normally have read, as I don't keep up with celebrity gossip (I didn't even know that Tom and Taylor Swift had dated, that's how out of the loop I am, lol).  But when I came across it I read some comments from other readers, and they were saying things like "This started out so fluffy and then became so heartbreaking," and because I can't curb my curiosity I had to find out how a gossip piece could possibly be "heartbreaking" (especially for someone like me who, to be frank, does not care).  And by the end of it I too was like

44851db267e25f1794ddca33ed652d2f.gif

Can't say I'm a "fan" of too many people but I do consistently find Mr. Hiddleston to be a profoundly decent human being, and I like him all the more for being definitively "uncool" and having a tendency to make innocuous statements that end up misconstrued and vilified and way overblown.  I don't know what it's like to have fame and be constantly under scrutiny, and it's not something I would ever want; but still, I relate.

All this to say, though he will never know me, I wish him happiness.

Tom Hiddleston: GQ Cover Profile

I don't suppose anyone else has been watching "WandaVision" on Disney+?

Husband and I sure do. :smile: Had a bit of a "wtf?" reaction to the first few episodes, but it's shaping up nicely imo. And the actors are doing an amazing job.

• Thanks 1

"WandaVision's Kat Dennings Wants Tom Hiddleston's Loki To Team Up With Darcy."

'The actress is very aware of the online fandom for both characters, saying that "I think it would be exciting for a few people on Tumblr. Do it for the Tumblr."

Dennings believes that "it would be a funny pairing" and describes them as "the two most opposite characters in the MCU. Probably."'

"Do it for the Tumblr."  :lol:

I've been wanting to see this for years, I think it would be hilarious, lol.  I hope they consider it.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:22 AM, Caya said:

Had a bit of a "wtf?" reaction to the first few episodes, but it's shaping up nicely imo.

I just finished the latest episode.  The ending...

tenor.gif

QE8s.gif