-
Posts
93 -
Joined
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Earendil
-
Thank you, Carol! "Benedict just let me fiddle his damp hair as a birthday treat. Appearently you have to 'twist and diffuse'. Gulp." Louise She is so lucky. I want the same birthday treat. Please.
- 1,262 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Episode Discussion
- Series 3
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Benedict Cumberbatch in "August: Osage County"
Earendil replied to Carol the Dabbler's topic in Cast & Crew
2 recent Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews about this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOT-ooZ_6wI A second radio interview. And a short clip from the movie. Benedict is singing!!! Awww... *swoon* -
The Hobbit actors are going back to New Zealand in May for pickups for TABA. Nesbitt confirmed that he is returning to New Zealand in May for the filming of the third 'Hobbit' movie. Source. So I'm not sure about Benedict, but Martin has to go back to NZ. Hopefully it won't take long, maybe 2-3 weeks.
-
According to this site: Related to PUPPET Synonyms action figure, dolly, poppet [Midland], doll So I think in Central England they do use the word 'poppet' as a synonym for puppet. Can any local forum member confirm that? When Sherlock gives Mary a scan in TEH, he deduces lots of things, eg. she is a cat lover, liar, etc, but there is also this word: linguist. So I think she is very good with words and she might have known the synonym for puppet. But maybe I'm wrong.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm afraid the word 'poppet' isn't on John's blog. Check this: if you want to search a particular word in a specific website, you need to type in Google Search the word you are looking for, than the word 'site:' and then the website, for example: poppet site: johnwatsonblog.co.uk.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Poppet is puppet, right? He reminded her that he has full controll over her.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It would be so wonderful if they could start filming in April! But I'm not sure about BC's schedule for this year. Well, there isn't such a massive project like The Hobbit which mainly caused the delay of the 3rd series, so fingers crossed!
-
Unfortunately I cannot reach tumblr from my workplace (half of the internet is blocked here for 'security reasons'), but I think I know what you are speaking of. There is already a separate thread for this topic.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You are right, I completely missed this! From Ariane's transcript: Shortly afterwards Sherlock and Mary – wearing the helmets of the driver and his pillion passenger – are racing through the streets on the bike. In Sherlock’s mind, he is calculating how long it will take to get to St James the Less Church. Currently the journey will take 10 minutes. Mary’s phone sounds a text alert and she checks it. It reads Getting warmer Mr Holmes You have about ten minutes (...) Mary receives one more text: What a shame Mr Holmes. John is quite a Guy!
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
One more thing to add: Mary looks anxious when Sherlock talks about her pregnancy. I think she is terrified because another family member is on the way and if Magnussen swore to kill her family, then the baby is in big danger. She thinks John is relatively 'safe' if he is with Sherlock (that's why she urges John to find a case for Sherlock).
- 1,334 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You mean Magnussen. Well, we were all wondering why did Magnussen texted Mary and not Sherlock in TEH when John was in danger? And why did he rewatch over and over that scene as Sherlock saved John from the fire? After watching the wedding scene in TSOT an idea popped in my mind, when Sherlock reads this particular telegram: SHERLOCK: “... Oodles of love and heaps of good wishes from CAM.” (Mary’s smile fades. Sherlock continues reading the message.) SHERLOCK: “Wish your family could have seen this.” John was put into a bonfire, not because of Sherlock, but because of Mary. Magnussen maybe threatened her to kill her whole family if she didn't 'obey' her and he actually did kill her parents. Now John is in danger because they are getting married, so he is going to be Mary's family member, so to say. Magnussen threatened her once again putting John in danger but he made sure that Mary has the time to save him. At the end I think Magnussen is quite surprised to see a man next to Mary who actually pulls out John from the bonfire. He freezes the footage when Sherlock's face appears and looks at him with rapidly contracted pupils. So I think he is surprised to see Sherlock (remember, Sherlock's coming back has been the previous night and his public appearance is on the next day). My other idea is, that maybe Mary was somehow involved in her parents' deaths and Magnussen knows this and is blackmailing her. We know that she is a nurse and maybe her parents needed some drugs to take and Mary has accidentally overdosed them (for example insulin for their diabetes etc.). Maybe this idea is too far-fetched...
- 1,334 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Good deductions, Carol! Regarding Mr Chatterjee, I've recently found this article.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Now it's on page five already, so I put it up here for easier access.
-
This is a belated Sex Holiday... oops... honeymoon.
- 1,334 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Poll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Please Welcome Our New Moderator, Caya!
Earendil replied to Undead Medic's topic in Forum News and Updates.
Congrats, Martina! Have lots of fun, Schwägerin. -
Yes, that's a good explanation, thanks!
- 1,262 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Series 3
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It wasn't Irene's body, but someone's else corpse. Molly said that the face was 'bashed up', so Sherlock asked her to reveal the rest of the body. I'm not sure about the identification procedure, but Sherlock recognizes her as Irene, so maybe it is legally enough to identificate her. Not sure about the DNS, but Moriarty could have arranged that.
- 1,503 replies
-
- Episode discussion
- Polls
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Welcome in the club! In both senses.
-
Well, I've seen this episode 3 times by now, so I think it's time to share my geeky observations and thoughts. I'm trying not to repeat all those things which were already discussed the last few days. 1. I liked all the fake explanations, especially the first one in the beginning of the episode. The music, the acting was superb as always. My new most favourite scene is when Sherlock jumps through the window, adjusts his coat, ruffles his hair and kisses Molly. *swoon* Now I have no doubt Benedict would be a perfect James Bond! 2. In mini-episode Anderson looks at the map of Europe and realizes that Sherlock is coming closer and closer to London, the last location is somewhere in Belgium, but in this episode Mycroft finds him in Serbia! How come? 3. One of Sherlock's clients, Mr Windibank and her stepdaughter is from the Canon, A case of identity. 4. One thing really bothered me: before a patient enters the doctor's office, Mary, as the nurse tells the symptoms of the patient to him and door is open. (?!) It's very embarassing if other patients are waiting outside... I know, they get different appointments, but still. 5. I was happy to see Benedict's parents. I recognized his father first, because I've seen him in Parade's end. Her mother still a beauty despite of her age. 6. How on earth does Sherlock know the first name of Anderson? And even if he knows, why doesn't he call him Anderson, as in the first two series? Sherlock considers Lestrade as his friend, but he calls him Graham instead of Greg as they meet. And why should be Anderson the first one who learns about how Sherlock survived the fall? So I think it's still not the final explanation. At the end of the episode John asks Sherlock, so maybe we are going to hear it next time. 7. At the end John tells Sherlock that he spoke to him at the grave and Sherlock says he heard him. It's a very nice scene, I love it, but it cannot be true. Sherlock was too far away to hear him, at least 50-60 meters (57-67 yards).
- 1,262 replies
-
- Episode Discussion
- Series 3
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Sorry, Carol, but that link doesn't work, try this one.
-
Yes, I also thought of that. I'm not sure. Rich people like cars and speeding. And even if they don't have a driving licence, they have a driver/schauffeur. And I think living in the countryside having a driving licence is a must.
-
Thank you, Carol. One thing bothered me in this episode, but I think I've found an explanation. We know that Henry was rich , but he travelled by train to visit Sherlock and ask for help. Why didn't he drive there? I know about the parking problems in London, but still. He was in a hurry (he caught the first train), so a car would have been faster and more comfy. So I think he has been taking antidepressants or even antipsychotics and with those medicines one shouldn't drive a car. Does it make sense?
-
Frankland was very lucky: as Henry was running away in panic with a traumatic and drugged mind from the Hollow, he met a dog barking at him (although in a friendly way) - his mind associates the 2 together: fear and stimulus, this was how the substance worked. (And I'm pretty sure he could also read that word 'H.O.U.N.D.' from Frankland's jumper, although later he could only revoke 'LIBERTY IN' in hypnosis.) Did I tell you guys how much I love this forum? I always learn new insights, new ideas, and it is such a fun!
-
The same to You, and to all forum members!
-
This is the weakest point of my theory. But if it was indeed a trap, how could he possible know it? I think Henry's mother already died, so he couldn't leave Henry at home all alone. He could have tell the police that he has seen a man with a mask on. They could have caught Frankland. That's why Frankland should have killed Henry on the spot too. Much easier than waiting for 20 years and trying to drive him crazy.
.jpg.e24dbe8a0c548ab9e378bc396ae750de.jpg)