Undead Medic

How To Request Adult Access.

Curiosity wins. What is 'scarier' there besides the things that sometimes get posted on the Speedy and Shoot the Wall threads? :D

Near as I recall, there's some discussion of "adult" fan fiction, plus posting of some NSFW fan art, things like that. But that's mostly some pretty old stuff. Hasn't been much added in the past couple of years.

• Like 1

How 'adult' they are? :D I recall that in the fan fiction (?) thread there are mentions of various mature-only content there, how much different from the 'adult' materials?

"Mature" and "adult" content are basically the same thing, so either one covers quite a range, from merely questionable to out-and-out no-questions-about-it. The point of the adult fanfic thread was that even links to such would be put in their own category. But that thread wasn't created till well after the regular fanfic thread, so the latter already contained links to some pretty hardcore stuff, and the "adult" thread has been largely ignored.

I thought at one point of doing a major sorting-out, but since many recommendations consist only of a link, I'd have had to read all of the stories in order to know where each recommendation belongs -- and I've never had that much time on my hands. Fortunately, the fiction websites have their own rating system, so nobody will wander into adult territory with no warning at all.

• Like 1

Hmmmm.... any thought-provoking unusual discussion there? I am bored because most threads on the internet talking about S4 are yammering about how emotional rollercoaster it is. :lol:

Hey, Shadow. To be honest, I think you'd be the only one in there. There's about 10 threads, and the last activity was back in April 2015. The thread titles includes thing like What Turns You Off People, NSFW Videos, one about Julian Assange, one about Sherlock's sexuality (and I just checked, there's nothing in it that hasn't also been said in the regular forum), fanfic recommendations ... stuff like that. The ones I checked were all one page long.

Why not start a new thread of your own? Pick a topic and see what happens!

Why don't you PM Tim (Undead Medic) and request adult access? Then you can see for yourself.

If you want to post something of a NSFW nature, it might be best to put it in the "adult" section. There are still several of us who have adult access (including all mods, by default), so you wouldn't be truly alone -- any time I see something interesting pop up on my New Content page, I check it out.

• Like 1

True.

*Scratch head* Nothing that had not been said on the regular forum. I am curious, why keep it closed if they are more or less the same with the contents of the non-restricted forum? Since from the beginning I joined this forum I only saw one confirmed under 17 years old and several who based from their posts might be teenagers.

For starters, because it's a Protected Forum, meaning content doesn't show up to non-members and google searches. Not everyone is comfortable discussing everything out in the open, as it were.

• Like 2

If you are not comfortable discussing certain things, if by accident you read it then why not choose other thread and never go back? It is much simpler than making other people cater to your delicate sensibility. In the end what we do is our own responsibilities, isn't it? A lesson that Sherlock is in the process of learning on the path of maturity.

Besides, because it is a protected forum the supposedly adult materials get spilled to the regular forum because people doesn't see the need to bother putting that in the proper place because they don't have example of what should be in the adult section.

Well thank you for assessing my maturity level -_- but what was lacking here was my English level, it seems. What I meant was the following: not everyone is comfortable discussing stuff like intimate preferences (and there is a discussion about this there, iirc) right out in the open, for everyone on the web to see (and personally, I would prefer if more people handled the web with such discretion, but maybe I'm just old :D). Also, some people have been using the same forum name at many different places and are more or less identifiable by it, it it's an uncommon one. Thus they might prefer if a discussion about corsets not turn up on a random google search of their screen name. :)

• Like 1

As non-native speaker to the other I could testify that your English is good enough for an international community like this. Now that argument make more sense than the previous, disregarding the choice of using same screen name in two or more places (your choice, your own responsibility).

I saw discussion about war, terrorists, psychopaths, politicians being politicians on the regular forum. Turn on and off also there and so far no one said that they belongs in the adult section. What really define adult topics? How about some clearly defined directions about what is appropriate in the regular forum and what should be in the adult section.

FYI, the discussion about war and terrorism largely exist on the Speedy's and the Shoot The Wall threads, accessible to all. The member who started the terrorism topic is one of people I suspect is still a teenager.

"Adult" in this sense generally refers to sexual or intimate matters.

• Like 2

Explicit bedroom activities only? What if we want to discuss about the physiological / chemical aspect of 'the act' itself?

• Like 1

Knock yourself out, I'd say - within Irene's. ;)

"Adult" in this sense generally refers to sexual or intimate matters.

FRCOtdM.gif

(Calvin&Hobbes, © Bill Watterson, obviously)

• Like 2

Explicit bedroom activities only? What if we want to discuss about the physiological / chemical aspect of 'the act' itself?

If you're prepared to make exclusive use of a boringly clinical vocabulary, you can do it right here, because nobody will read it anyhow.  Otherwise, better take it to Irene's.

If you're prepared to make exclusive use of a boringly clinical vocabulary, you can do it right here, because nobody will read it anyhow. Otherwise, better take it to Irene's.

I wouldn't bet on that, this place is full with intensely curious people. :lol:

• Like 2

Well I've read some of it, and it certainly is a bit of an eye-opener!

I am still locked out from that subsection. Out of curiosity, how many from the current members of this forum is under 18 years old when registering? From the discussions here it look like only one or two each year who is probably still a teenager.

Are you over 18 now, Shadow?  And would you like access to the Adult areas?

If yes and yes, then you need to do two things:

1. Click on your user name in your post above.  That will take you to your profile.  Click on Edit Profile at the top of the page.  Scroll down to the bottom of the new page and click on the little box by the statement "I legally confirm that I am over 18."  You should then see a check-mark (or tick, if you speak British English) in the box.  Below that, click Save Changes.  Now whenever you display your profile, the Over 18 statement should appear at the bottom of the page.

2. Once you've done #1, send a Private Message to Tim (Undead Medic) and request adult access.  Once he's taken care of that, you should have access to the "adult" areas of the forum.  (There hasn't been much activity there lately -- but of course you could start some.)

I thought I already ticked that box when registering, lol. Here we go, to hunt Tim's forum account! :goldfish:

• Like 1

I thought I already ticked that box when registering, lol. Here we go, to hunt Tim's forum account! :goldfish:

I have added you to the Adult Access group, Shadow Dweller.

:sherlock:

• Like 1

I have added you to the Adult Access group, Shadow Dweller.

:sherlock:

Thank you ^^