Which Sherlock Holmes are you?

Are you like Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock or do you have the old-school feel of Basil Rathbone? Do you have Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock's 'spontaneity' or do you have a personality similar to the classic Jeremy Brett's Holmes?

Basil Rathbone
The first ever Sherlock Holmes on screen to lodge himself in thousands of people's hearts!
Dignified, graceful and always calm, you're evidence of the fact that genius does not always have to be crazy.
You inspire respect and trust as much by the way you carry yourself, as through your stunning intellect.

*Poke Inge* See? Basil's! :D

• Like 1

What Sherlock (BBC) Character Are You?

3686_Gregory_Lestrade.jpg

Aw, yeah! My first Lestrade XD

• Like 1

Those things kept crashing my browser, I finally had to give up. But I got Mary for #1 (wtf), but lost the description.

#3: "Your personality matches that of BBC's Sherlock! People may think you're a weirdo and find you to be arrogant but that's not who you really are. Deep down, you do care about people close to you - you can even lay down your life for them. It goes without saying, of course that you're mind-blowing at deduction and unmatched when it comes to observation."

Oh, well, naturally! :angel1:

• Like 2

On what the characters think of me, predictable: having turned out to be the modern Sherlock so many times, here goes: Result 3, Crazy

Sherlock:Sheis crazy but interesting!

John ( who cares what this John thinks!) : She's insane.

G. Lestrade: Unstable, very dangerous.

Mrs Hudson: Well...

Moriarty: Fantastic.

Molly: uh...

Irene:Her? Crazy.

Anderson: No

Sally: Freak

Great! Life couldn't get any better: manage to bring Sherlock and Jim together and get rid of the annoying small fry!

• Like 1

@Arcadia: where is your nice bar chart for number 2?

@VBS: Number 1 & 2?

@Inge: number 1 & 3? Also, welcome aboard, fellow member of the 'we are not angels' league. :D

• Like 2

Aaand it just got even better: in the Otaku one, predictable, boring:

"Congratulations: you share this result with 44% of our members.

You are most like Sherlock. Your interests and passions exist on a scientific/ realistic layer and you care for them more than anything else in the world. People around you might intrerpret you as cold-hearted, but actually you only have the rare ability to focus on things very intensively. With your cleverness there's no problem you can't solve. You love to analyse things and though you 're more the introverted type, you can be faithful indeed about the persons you love when they are in need."

As for the one which caused such problems to Arcadia, I share her results, being BC's Sherlock!

@ Shadow Dweller, seems Basil Rathbone was a one-off lucky fluke! :smile:

Not to mention that the non-existent astronomical occurrence will be forever more able to play the "smarter older brother" card!

• Like 2

@Arcadia: where is your nice bar chart for number 2?

That's one of the ones that crashed my browser, I had to abandon it. But I do remember that Sherlock thought I was boring and John wished I would do something, anything ...

After that there was no purpose to life anymore and I didn't pay much attention to the rest.....

• Like 4

@Arcadia: ^^;; that's so depressing....

@Inge: Must be my lucky day ^^

@joanneta1: What about your bar chart? It got percentage too.

• Like 2

Oh, here..

Didn't realize the ppercentagecan be different for other categories.

impb38.jpg

dnd89j.jpg

But I do remember that Sherlock thought I was boring and John wished I would do something, anything ...

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-001.gif After that there was no purpose to life anymore and I didn't pay much attention to the rest.....

XD
  • Like 2

I am as flirty and romantic as a piece of wood though, while for you it's on the top side. :)

Yes, that's one of the sides that might or might not actually exist in such high percentage. If looking at my earlier years then the answer is, flirty&romantic equals with 'are we talking about the same person here?' reaction from other people, lol.

• Like 1

In the GoTo quiz I got 6; Calm and in control 74%

Sherlock: Boring, boring, boring, boring. She's OK

John: I like her, she's OK, I think Sherlock's in a bit of a conflict about her...

Lestrade: Fantastic

Mrs Hudson: She's very nice

Moriarty: Pfft

Molly: She's nice. She reminds me of Greg.

Irene: She's always so calm and collected. It gets old!

Anderson: She's OK

Sally: I like her!

And now please excuse me while I find a very deep hole to bury myself in! I so wanted to be able to charm Jim out of his obsession with Sherlock, but he won't even consider turning me into shoes! *sniff*

And the supreme insults of Anderson and Sally finding me nice and OK! I could throw a Sherlock sulk that would last a month at those two!

• Like 3

:DDD Well... Irene obviously think you are harmless, so she could be your first test subject to polish Jim-convincing techniques.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Your result: You are Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock from 'Elementary' : Booooo, my least favorite Sherlock. 

You're a tricksy one and no mistake. A sneer never far from your lips and a cunning plan at the back of your mind to manipulate people into doing exactly what you want them to do. More often than not, these things have a higher purpose, but my golly it doesn't make you many friends along the way. All that rushing around is bewildering too. 

Should this be a concern (everyone needs at least one friend, surely?) maybe you could tone down the superiority complex. For someone who is so interested in making deductions based on people's common habits, what does it say about you that you can't keep your scathing thoughts to yourself? Scared of being ignored, are we? 

Whatever the reason, you may be a perfect thinking machine, but as an associate you're hard work. Whether you choose to do anything about that is entirely up to you.

• Like 2

Your result: You are Watson

Some people are born leaders, others are born foot-soldiers: you are neither. You are a great second-in-command. 

That's not to say you're deficient in any way, it's just you are at your best when you are enabling someone to achieve their vision. This is partly due to your intense loyalty, and partly due to your need to take part in something you can truly believe in. 

We could all use as good a friend as you. :huh:
  • Like 2

From what I have seen of the trailers, Dr Watson is not such a good friend to Sherlock Holmes! Perhaps the quiz setters should re-evaluate their algorithms?

There is a new one around, called The Empty Hearse, with quotations from the series and I scored 90%, 10/11, so sorry Carol, looks like my aversion is not to the series but to a certain scriptwriter of our acquaintance, but I never liked Dr Who except the series with Peter Cushing! So, I shall stick around for a little while longer, with your permission! :hugz:

Errr... I believe we don't have This?

I don't trust my memory though.

Looks familiar but what the heck, lets play!

dfdq88.jpg

Aka, "Oh no, it's him again." I never get Jim as result, hmph.  -_-

• Like 1

Don't think I did that though.

Funnily, I was researching something else not related at all and this quiz appears on the side bar innocently. XD

ieqbds.jpg

• Like 1

Same here, VBS! I am sick and tired of getting the same BC Sherlock! Not a sociopath, not unsociable, not egotistic, not an adrenaline or other kind of junkie! Enough is enough!

@VBS: Looks like every bot and spider out there already tag you as a Sherlock-addict :p

@Inge: *snicker * Well... you and Sherlock certainly quite similar in some aspects....

• Like 2