Which Sherlock Holmes are you?

Dear TOBY, thank you for the compliment! I do like to be extraordinary, so no John for me!

Well, they say they didn't use psychological profiling, but all the same, the answers we have come up with are a BIT strange. Mind you, the first time I did both of them I answered to the best of my knowledge, so I shall have to stick with Basil Rathbone and Sherlock, because when I re-did them I chose my answers. Not the same thing at all. As for Mycroft, he's definitely the smarter brother, but compared to the puzzle solver/drama queen of all iterations of ACD material, he's pretty drab, refuses to do any leg work, considers everything as a problem in logic. As Mr Holmes would say( Ian McKellen): Logic is rare!

• Like 2

Got John too. Apparently I am one of the two voices of reason to Sherlock. giggle-skype-smiley.gif

• Like 3

Hmm! That looks suspicious, Shadow Dweller! Perhaps I should let my Benedict Sherlock and my Rathbone Sherlock mind-meld with my Moriarty self and start taking you lot apart! :smile:

• Like 2

Eek! :o Where is Palpatine when you need him, he borrowed Death Star's main key yesteryear and keep forgetting to give it back!

On second thought, please leave Jim here, he and my dark side will get along just fine, albeit with the occasional sparks when wills clash. Fireworks, wheee! 

:dragon:

• Like 3

Okay, this is from PBS

Which Sherlock Character Are You?

Feels free to cheat and be prepared for a lot of ribbing!  :P

• Like 3

I got John again... Which is funny, because he's probably the main character whom I identify with the least.

• Like 1

I got Sherlock too.  Oddly enough, their description of him does sound a good bit like me, even though I've never seen myself as much like the character in the books or on the screen.

• Like 3

I got the high-functioning whatever AGAIN! Like Dr Watson, I would like to punch the creators of those things in the face!

Guess I shall have to live with the realisation that I may rub people the wrong way when I'm trying to get results and they only hinder me by superfluous acts or words!

Good on you, ShadowDweller, the villain always has a more interesting life!

• Like 2

Like last time, it just got worse:

Tried slightly different answers, wasn't angling for any one in particular, and got landed with MYCROFT:

"You have spent your life developing self-discipline in order to keep your unusual talents under control. You love order, because you understand chaos generates an array of negatives from laziness to vanity to crime. You need close relationships but it can be hard for you to trust your heart to anyone, and so you remain focused on family and friends. You value recognition for your achievements but avoid the glare of publicity, happy to run things from behind the scenes."

Now, that's much more like my actual doings and decisions. Way to go, minor government official! :smile:

• Like 2

*snicker* Mycroft is my result a few months ago in the Speedy's Cafe thread. Guess I become naughtier when in the middle of waiting for series 4.

Should I be scared of you? A combination of Sherlock and Mycroft is bound to be interesting ;)

These quizzes only give result for the major characters. I'd love to know which supporting character is closest to me at the moment (according to the quiz creator) ^^

• Like 2

Dear Shadow Dweller, in BBC 4 Radio FM, right beneath Benedict's rendition of Rumpole Returns (that's how you find it in their home page,) there's a CumberQuiz, with questions from real life, and I got nine out of nine, with the prediction that I am a Cumberexpert, next step being a Cumberbore- and a restraining order! It's also fun to do, if you want to have a look!

As for us two, who cares, if we combine forces, Palpatine should look to his throne! :smile:

• Like 2

Your result: You are Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock from 'Elementary'

You're a tricksy one and no mistake. A sneer never far from your lips and a cunning plan at the back of your mind to manipulate people into doing exactly what you want them to do. More often than not, these things have a higher purpose, but my golly it doesn't make you many friends along the way. All that rushing around is bewildering too.

Should this be a concern (everyone needs at least one friend, surely?) maybe you could tone down the superiority complex. For someone who is so interested in making deductions based on people's common habits, what does it say about you that you can't keep your scathing thoughts to yourself? Scared of being ignored, are we?

Whatever the reason, you may be a perfect thinking machine, but as an associate you're hard work. Whether you choose to do anything about that is entirely up to you.

I got this one.

• Like 1

... in BBC 4 Radio FM, right beneath Benedict's rendition of Rumpole Returns (that's how you find it in their home page,) there's a CumberQuiz, with questions from real life, and I got nine out of nine, with the prediction that I am a Cumberexpert, next step being a Cumberbore- and a restraining order! It's also fun to do, if you want to have a look!

Here.

I got eight of nine, but one of those was a blind guess.  Anybody who can't get #1 just hasn't been paying attention!

• Like 3

Thanks, Carol! I got seven out of nine. No clue as to his pal at university, and no gossiped either, so I had no idea who he hit to protect Keira Knightly, but the questions were at least about facts, not who we think we are!

• Like 2

7 of 9 also, but I strenuously object because I've seen where BC says his hair is neither chestnut, ginger nor white but auburn. Where's my refund? :p

• Like 3

I got seven out of nine....

7 of 9 also....

So which of you is being played by Jeri Ryan in the biographical movie?

• Like 3

Dear Shadow Dweller, in BBC 4 Radio FM, right beneath Benedict's rendition of Rumpole Returns (that's how you find it in their home page,) there's a CumberQuiz, with questions from real life, and I got nine out of nine, with the prediction that I am a Cumberexpert, next step being a Cumberbore- and a restraining order! It's also fun to do, if you want to have a look!

As for us two, who cares, if we combine forces, Palpatine should look to his throne! :smile:

I look at that quiz and probably have to guess a lot. I never interested on the actor. As incredible their performance is, it is how their role shape the story that I am interested on. In BC's Sherlock's words, "Only a transport." :)

• Like 2

Another one, this time from WETA. Masterpiece Mystery!: Sherlock Personality Quiz

2s5xmon.jpg

:watson:  << kidnapping victim

:lestrade:  << minion despite what he said (poor Greg)

:sherlock2:  << dramatic sibling

:dinner:  << what diet? lol

• Like 4

Well, here's a first -- according to the WETA quiz, I'm Molly!

You are Molly Hooper. Sweet, clever, and just the tiniest bit of a pushover, you’re always willing to give your all helping others, whether it’s with information, a tricky experiment or laboratory access they’re not supposed to have. Sometimes you can be a little too accommodating or slow to stand up for yourself in the face of more aggressive personalities, but, hey, you’re working on it. You’re an incurable romantic and you like to see the good in everyone, whether they deserve it or not.

• Like 3

:lol2:  I don't believe it, our own 'Mrs. Smith' just got Molly!

• Like 1