This is the thread where it is OK, normal, acceptable AND expected that there will be some sort of off topic :hijacked: because we love to do that on this forum and do so rather easily and innocently. :whistle::rolleyes::P:D  We even have been known to hijack a hijack on occasion (an example of that can be found on the Benedict Cumberbatch News thread, maybe, depending on if it got moved or not).  Also if a hijack has no better place to go, it can always be moved here.

So have fun hijacking away :)

• Like 2

But how can we hijack a hijacking thread? By going back on topic? :lol:

• Like 3

I don't know either, but if anyone can figure it out, it will be us!

• Like 2

We can always start out talking about hijacking a thread even referencing with quotes threads that were hijacked or split off because they were part of the hijack section.  There are options. :D

For example (now that I'm back at my laptop): From our esteemed Benedict Cumberbatch News thread (since moved to Fan Fiction (How far is TOO far?) and Age Stereotypes)

I nearly said "Oh come on, I relate to gay love stories!" But then I remembered that I am not, perhaps, 100% straight, and that most heterosexual people I know do not, in fact relate to or feel represented by, gay lovers. (In fact, I know of quite a few men who refused to watch Brokeback Mountain on the grounds that the idea of cowboys being gay put them off the entire movie).

I suspect that you're basically describing the difference between men and women there. While I can't speak for the entire human race, it seems to me that women are generally OK with same-sex relationships (even if they don't necessarily swing that way themselves), whereas men seem to feel threatened by the very idea of male/male sex (though as the op-ed writer pointed out, they simply lap up staged female/female "sex").

I like how we :hijacked: this thread as we so like to do on this forum ;):)

Yes, don't we! When I get a chance I'll see if I can untangle this and split off this discussion into its own thread.

Well, I've been trying to take quotes elsewhere - but that ends up in our conversations being strewn all over the forum.

It's bound to happen. That's why I try to have some fun with it.  Especially since we do it so well. :)

I would seriously leave it be if it were just a handful of posts -- but it's been pages now (and even the discussion of whether to split is threatening to take on a life of its own).  So prepare to be split.

People who are actually looking for Benedict Cumberbatch News might appreciate being able to find it!  :D

We have room for a lot of fun on this thread :)

• Like 1

We even have been known to hijack a hijack on occasion (an example of that can be found on the Benedict Cumberbatch News thread, maybe, depending on if it got moved or not).

A hijack of a hijack (i.e., a second-order hijack) belongs to the first-order hijack, unless and until it is itself split off from the first-order hijack. So the second-order hijack that you mention (the subject of which escapes me at the moment) ended up in the new "Fan Fiction (how far is too far?)" thread (where it will presumably stay because it's brief enough that it doesn't unduly disrupt the topic).  Those are the rules (which I just made up).

But how can we hijack a hijacking thread? By going back on topic? :lol:

Topic?  What topic?  :bart:

• Like 1

The topic is hijacking a thread. As for the second-order hijack, we were talking about thread hijacking after the initial hijack related to fanfic, age & stereotypes.

On a completely different subject, did you know that Maroon 5 is touring the UK? :img:

• Like 1

Didn't know that Maroon 5 was touring the UK. But not completely surprised since they were on Graham Norton.

I'm hijacking my own thread with the following (just because & I couldn't figure out where else it might go.)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katieheaney/16-problems-people-with-too-many-feelings-understand?s=mobile

And it might include a gif we'll enjoy. ;)

(Also posting from my phone so not sure if it'll be a hotlink or not)

Funny Name Generator Thing: In the name of the last band you listened to, replace the last word with "Buttnuggets".

For example, I would have the All-American Buttnuggets.

I'm hijacking the thread to ask everyone who they think done it on Gracepoint.

I'm hijacking the thread to ask everyone who they think done it on Gracepoint.

Have never watched the show so I'm going to respond like I do to my son: "that one did it". ;)

• Like 1

Yes. That one very much did it and they killed that guy with the thing.

But of course.  And the guy was killed in that place right over there and found in that other place down the way.  ;)

I think it was Miss Scarlett in the kitchen with the wrench.

• Like 1

Geez, and here I've been thinking it was that other guy!  :huh:

• Like 1

And he could have done it in the other room with that other item that went missing. ;)

No WAY!  That'd be like beating someone to death with a feather duster!  Plus, if he'd done it in there, everyone would've seen him do it!

But the lights were out and it was night time. He was in a ninja suit formally trained in Japan. Also the person was allergic to feathers & dust.

Oh, and the cluedo set was missing;)

But the lights were out and it was night time. He was in a ninja suit formally trained in Japan. Also the person was allergic to feathers & dust.

Oh -- well, then, OK.  I didn't realize that his ninja suit had been formally trained in Japan.

Meanwhile, back on topic .... did you know that butterflies taste with their hind feet?

• Like 1

No.  I don't even know how they taste without their hind feet.

• Like 2

As with everything that is not beef, pork, fish, or plant matter, it probably tastes like chicken.

• Like 2