Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, innuendo in the title of this thread aside, this is intended as a G-rated discussion that I'm bringing over from one of the character threads, where I suggested I would like to go on vacation with Mycroft.

 

 

Of the Sherlock characters, who would you rather....

 

1.  Go on vacation with?

2.  Share a flat with (flatmates only)?

3.  Work with?

4.  Have a beer/beverage of choice with?

5.  Spend the day with doing your activity of choice?

 

Bonus:

Which actor would you like to be able to text occasionally and have them actually respond to you?

 

:)  :)  :)

 

I'll start!

 

1.  Again, I'd go on vacation with Mycroft in a heartbeat.  He'd be quiet, OCD neat, let me have enough alone time to read for hours on end, and would probably have an in to all the best restaurants in town and be able to get the best tables.  

 

2.  I'd share a flat with Sherlock.  Based on my past dwelling-sharing history, I'm really good at living with tempermental intellectuals that get immersed in their work and obsess over it.  And I do that myself.

 

3.  Sherlock again.  I tend to think I could be useful and have a lot of fun being his research arm for gathering certain kinds of data -- and I'm good at it, so I think he'd appreciate it after a fashion.

 

4.  I'd have a beer with Lestrade.  I'll bet he'd be a hoot in a pub, from what we've seen.  I think it would be fun to knock a few back, play some pub quizzes, and generally relax, plus I'll bet he has some great stories to tell.

 

5.  I'd spend the day with Irene, and we'd shop.  We have very, very similar taste in clothes and shoes, and I love shopping with someone who has an inherent sense of style.  Plus, she's intelligent and witty and probably has some good stories as well.

 

Bonus:  While I would like to meet BC, I would like to have Loo in my text network.  Since we have both worked as writers/journalists/copywriters, I think we'd be able to share some experiences.  "Hey, Loo, you'll never guess what this one client asked for...."

 

OK, guys, your turn!

  • Like 2
Posted

1.   I would like to say that a vacation with Sherlock would be nice, but for Sherlock, vacations don't exist. So I'll probably go with John, maybe, since he's a nice guy and is kind of normal but hopefully still crazy enough to race shopping carts with me at the supermarket.

 

2.   I'd share a flat with MORIARTY! Molly. She's quiet, which I like, even though I give people the impression that I'm a party animal. And we could do at-home spa days where we do our nails and stuff, but that would probably disintegrate into lots of splashing and soap getting everywhere.

 

3.   Molly, again. Because I'm secretly really interested in human anatomy and dead bodies.  Because I'm curious as to what exactly happens down in the morgue. Except I don't want to see any naked dead people. But I'd also like to see what DI Lestrade does when he's on the job -- minus the paperwork, of course!

 

4.   Well, if I were at drinking age, I'd go have a beer with Sherlock, and then we'd have a nice game of What Am I? afterward.

 

5.   I'd hang out with Moriarty for a day, 'cause I'm fascinated with him  psychopaths and what makes them tick. Of course, if I hung out with Moriarty, that might be my last day.

 

Bonus:   I'd like to text Martin Freeman and we'd talk about crazy shenanigans (see mine here) like people we've sassed and stunts we've pulled. And I wouldn't mind him swearing. I think we'd get along fine since we're both sassy and irreverent. "I'm a celebrity! I'm cooler than you!" "Then I must be hotter than you!"

  • Like 3
Posted

1.  I echo everything you said here, Boton.  Mycroft for pretty much all the same reasons. 

 

2.  John.  He's quiet, considerate, doesn't mind doing the shopping, a good listener and would be up for anything.

 

3.  Molly.  I think she would be friendly and co-operative and not a back-stabbing witch like the person I DO work with. ahem. sorry.

 

4. Sherlock.  He seems to loosen up after a beer and so would probably have lots of great conversations.  His witty Sherlock-isms would make for a very entertaining night out.  Would love to hear his deductions and comments on people at the pub lol.

 

5.  Sherlock.  Even if he hated the activity of my choice there would never be a dull moment!

 

BONUS:  Benedict Cumberbatch.  He just seems so warm and fun in real life...would be a blast to know.  :)

  • Like 1
Posted

1. I'd probably go on vacation with Sherlock as it would be an interesting adventure even if I would need to get away after we got back just to recoup.

2. Ignoring my view on cohabitation, I'm debating Sherlock or John.  Sherlock: We would understand each other's chaos to a point. I'd love listening to his violin and if I had a French horn, we could create duets.  Plus I'd be interested in some of his science experiments and such.  The thing is, I like to talk on occasion that could drive him nuts.  But if we were at Baker Street, I could go downstairs and bug Mrs. Hudson on Sherlock's extremely quiet days.  John: He'd be used to the chaos as it would be post sharing a flat with Sherlock although I might drive him crazy with my amount of mess.  We could talk and have conversations that were 'normal'.

3. Probably still work with Sherlock. Don't think I could handle the postmortems that Molly does but the science stuff Sherlock does at Bart's or home would be interesting as well as some of the legwork on a case.

4. Drinks: Coffee shop with a good dairy-free hot chocolate and either Mary or Molly.  We could talk life and dish on our views of Sherlock

5. Real life I'd go with Benedict and art supplies (painting stuff for me & drawing/painting stuff for him) out on the country side somewhere to create whatever came to mind and talk life (I do this with my mom on occasion).  Are any of the Sherlock characters known for drawing/painting? That's who I wouldn't mind spending the day with at a park or out on the English countryside creating artwork and talking.

 

Bonus: Benedict, we could discuss various pieces of artwork we've created or are currently working on since the last chat and other areas of the fine arts we've enjoyed, books we've read, and places we have visited or would like to visit.

  • Like 1
Posted

OK, innuendo in the title of this thread aside, this is intended as a G-rated discussion that I'm bringing over from one of the character threads, where I suggested I would like to go on vacation with Mycroft.

 

 

Of the Sherlock characters, who would you rather....

 

1.  Go on vacation with?

2.  Share a flat with (flatmates only)?

3.  Work with?

4.  Have a beer/beverage of choice with?

5.  Spend the day with doing your activity of choice?

 

Bonus:

Which actor would you like to be able to text occasionally and have them actually respond to you?

 

:)  :)  :)

 

 

Wow, this is actually hard for me. I always have a hard time imagining myself interacting with characters from books or films. My mind does play with them plenty, but it rarely mixes its universes. It sounds fun, though, so I'll try!

 

1.) Okay, I need a holiday companion who will pretty much leave me alone to do whatever I please, who does not insist I go inside bars or clubs, who does not expect me to be entertaining or fun in any way, who can occupy his- or herself by herself if need be, and who does not get me into scary dangerous situations. That last bit kind of rules Sherlock out, although if one were in a dangerous situation with him, that might be okay, since his presence would reduce the actual danger considerably. Hmmmmm... Maybe Sherlock wouldn't be so bad, actually. I mean, he'd hate it all until he found a case, and then he'd be occupied and happy, and I could do whatever I wanted to. He doesn't make people help whom he thinks are stupid, so he'd ignore me completely, and that would be just fine. Yeah, Sherlock it is.

 

2.) Molly, probably. The men are all out on that one, since I can't imagine living with a guy except for a very, very few exceptions (husband is fine, of course - don't worry, love!). Molly seems like a quiet person who would respect a flatmate's space and time, and while she's probably tidy enough, she doesn't strike me as the type who would freak out over a few dirty dishes in the sink or scrub the bathroom with chlorine every other day.

 

3.) Sherlock and Molly. Simultaneously. I'd love to work with him, but I'd need her or John as a mediator, and I'd love to work with her as well, so yeah. In the morgue. With a corpse. This sounds macabre, but I like dead people. They are peaceful.

 

4.) Irene Adler! I would love one brief encounter with her. One little date, if she left riding crops and dubious substances at home, of course.

 

5.) Mrs Hudson. I love to cook and bake. I'd love to spend a day in the kitchen with her, preferably preparing Christmas-related things, because I love Christmas as well.

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

This sounds macabre, but I like dead people. They are peaceful.

 

I like the sound of that.

 

:lol: I know it sounds odd, and of course I don't think I'd be pleased to see anyone dead whom I actually knew, but there is nothing horrible about death itself. Dying, yes, that can be, no, as far as I know, that is always more or less terrifying, and the loss suffered by the family and friends left behind is often devastating, but death itself is a natural, normal thing which happens to us all eventually. I've seen a lot of dead people for perfectly legal and boring reasons to do with my work, and I've always found the experience to be peaceful and calm and a little awe-inducing, but in a good way. Don't get me wrong, I love life with a vengeance, and a lot of shit would have to happen for me to want to put a premature end to mine, but when I see someone who died, I have a feeling of "oh wow, you made it." This does not apply to children, of course, or people who were killed, or tragedies like that.

 

Sorry for getting off topic here, but I felt I needed to explain myself a little bit...

 

 

  • Like 4
Posted

1. Go on vacation with? If it weren't for the assassin thing, I think I'd choose Mary, because she seems good-humored, laid back and up for some fun without going to extremes. If she won't leave the gun at home, though, I think I'd pick Lestrade instead, as he seems to have the most common sense of any of them.

2. Share a flat with (flatmates only)? Probably John, because he'd be reliable and respectful of my space.

3. Work with? Almost certainly Sherlock. I'd love to watch him do his thing.

4. Have a beer/beverage of choice with? Lestrade, mostly because I can't quite picture any of the others wanting to do that. Mary, maybe.

5. Spend the day with doing your activity of choice? Hmmm. Being as my activity of choice would be hiking or painting (or preferably both) .... Huh. I have a hard time seeing any of those city dwellers enjoying my choice of activity. :smile: I'll go with Lestrade again, he seemed to enjoy having a change of pace on his trip to Dartmoor.

 

Bonus:

Which actor would you like to be able to text occasionally and have them actually respond to you?

Loo Brealey! Or Amanda.

  • Like 2
Posted

1. Go on vacation with? This one is the hardest choice for me. But it would probably be Molly for similar reasons why I'd share a flat with her. And we'd be on vacation in Alaska, Iceland or Norway, probably in early spring.

 

2. Share a flat with (flatmates only)? I'll choose Molly because I am absolutely sure we'd get along with each other. I imagine that we spend our spare time in a similar fashion, enjoy similar things in general and could develop a deep friendship over time. She wouldn't get on my nerves by being loud and inconsiderate as many other people do.

 

3. Work with? John. He knows his stuff and remains friendly even when he isn't particularly keen to complete certain necessary tasks. I assume the sleeping during working hours incident was a singular occurrence. Sarah would be an alternative.

 

4. Have a beer/beverage of choice with? No beer for me, thanks. So I'd go and drink a sagré with Mrs Hudson (sagré is a usually non-alcoholic hot punsh that is made of freshly squeezed tangerine juice, pomegranate sirup, black tea and seasoned with festive spices like cinnamon and clove). If sagré is not available (it only is during the Christmas Market season), we'd drink a nice cup of white hot chocolate if it's cold or some cocktails in the summer.

 

5. Spend the day with doing your activity of choice? Sherlock. But I'm not yet sure what my activity of choice would be, only that the day would end with us sitting or lying somewhere and gazing at the Pleiades. He'd probably cross my plans anyway but compensate for that with a once in a lifetime sort of day.

 

Bonus: An actor to text with? Loo Brealey for non Sherlock related matters. Benedict Cumberbatch for Sherlock related topics.

  • Like 2
Posted

4. Have a beer/beverage of choice with? No beer for me, thanks. So I'd go and drink a sagré with Mrs Hudson (sagré is a usually non-alcoholic hot punsh that is made of freshly squeezed tangerine juice, pomegranate sirup, black tea and seasoned with festive spices like cinnamon and clove).

Yummmmmmm, recipe please?
Posted

 

5. Real life I'd go with Benedict and art supplies (painting stuff for me & drawing/painting stuff for him) out on the country side somewhere to create whatever came to mind and talk life (I do this with my mom on occasion).  Are any of the Sherlock characters known for drawing/painting? That's who I wouldn't mind spending the day with at a park or out on the English countryside creating artwork and talking.

 

Bonus: Benedict, we could discuss various pieces of artwork we've created or are currently working on since the last chat and other areas of the fine arts we've enjoyed, books we've read, and places we have visited or would like to visit.

 

Benedict paints and draws?!  I had no idea.

Posted

 

 

This sounds macabre, but I like dead people. They are peaceful.

 

 

tumblr_m6pzq8d5ur1qf9pr7.gif

 

I like the sound of that.

 

 

Off-topic, but Moriarty is pinch-his-cheeks adorable there.

  • Like 3
Posted

That's not off-topic -- that's merely a reply to Question #6, Whose cheeks would you rather pinch?

 

  • Like 3
Posted
1.  Mary.  I agree with Arcadia here, as long as Mary stays out of trouble, I think she'd be the most fun to travel with for all the reasons Arcadia listed.

 

2.  John.  As much as I'm not sure about sharing a flat with only a guy (I have rented a house with a mix of guys and girls), I think he and I would get along pretty well.  I couldn't deal with Sherlock's mess and chaos.  I would pick Molly, but I'm afraid she'd decorate in pink and "Hang in there" kitten posters.

 

3.  Molly.  She seems genuinely nice, and I think I'd like the peace and quiet and solitude of the morgue.  Not entirely sure about the dead bodies though.  lol

 

4.  Sherlock.  Most.entertaining.drunk.ever.  

 

5.  Molly.  I think she'd be nice to spend the day with.  I'm not sure what we would do, but very pink kitten blog aside, I think we could probably be friends.   If not Molly, then Mary... or both! 

 

Bonus:

I would like to say Benedict Cumberbatch but I'm 99.9% sure I'd WAY over-think my texts to him and it'd be the text equivalent of this:

 

tumblr_m7kd65gwLl1qc6ted_zps2c05cf41.gif

 

So I'd go with Loo Brealey or Amanda Abbington instead.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

 

 

 

19714.jpg

 

And he can do the :/ face, which is a plus.

 

 

He can do the :/ face while he's looking down the barrel of a pistol, which is not just a plus but impressive.

  • Like 4
Posted

Benedict paints and draws?! I had no idea.

Yes he does some. It's come up on rare occasion in an interview. Most of it gets donated to charity work.

Posted

1. Vacation? I would choose Mycroft. I completely agree with Boton on this one...

2. Flatmate? Molly. She is a bit wierd but she is nice... Weird in a nice way..? Also she seems quiet but really smart... I feel like I could talk with her, we would understand each other.

3. Work with? Ahh, Sherlock. I could use some moving around and getting fresh air, paying for the cabs, constantly getting picked up by Mycroft's car... No, seriously. :) Just watching him is exciting, what would it be like to be involved?

4. Have a drink with? As it was already said, if I was at a drinking age, I'd go with Sherlock. Since I'm not, I'd go with Moriarty. It might be interesting to talk with him, discuss various views on the world and people, start shouting mid-sentence and change the tone of your voice here and there...

5.  Spend the day with doing my activity of choice? Sherlock - if I could make him do what I want. And I have no idea what that would be. He would probably have to be a bit drunk so he is not that machine-like. I reconsidered. Moriarty again. It could be so much fun - I would probably let him choose the activity - unlike me, he would choose something crazy and funny. And hopefully, he would have no reason to make me into shoes at the end of that day. :)

Bonus: Definitely Benedict. He seems so kind and sweet, funny and careless. But what in the world could I text him?

  • Like 3
Posted

Bonus: Definitely Benedict. He seems so kind and sweet, funny and careless. But what in the world could I text him?

 

Let's have dinner.

 

p.s.: Arcadia, I'll ask my mom for the recipe tomorrow.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

Bonus: Definitely Benedict. He seems so kind and sweet, funny and careless. But what in the world could I text him?

 

Let's have dinner.

 

Ah, so simple and clever... and I didn't think of it. Probably because I was busy picturing myself turning into a fan-girl jelly before I managed to think of anything decent to text him. :D

  • Like 2
Posted

 

Bonus: Definitely Benedict. He seems so kind and sweet, funny and careless. But what in the world could I text him?

 

Let's have dinner.

 

 

 

Schlauer wins this one!

  • Like 4
Posted

Thinking further about a flatmate that keeps with my actual views on cohabitation, I would pick Molly as she seems like she would be understanding with my messy state.  Sherlock's kitchen has nothing on my messy state of living except for his collections of decomposing body parts for the sake of a science experiment, that is the only thing I don't have.  I can handle pink and cats and we would probably have good conversations talking about Sherlock among other things.  But I wish we could take over Baker Street at that point to have Mrs. Hudson help with the cleaning.  I know how to clean and do it well when I do it.  I'm terrible at actually getting going on the cleaning.

Posted

... I wish we could take over Baker Street at that point to have Mrs. Hudson help with the cleaning.  I know how to clean and do it well when I do it.  I'm terrible at actually getting going on the cleaning.

 

Glad to know I'm not the only one!  :D

 

But you could move into Baker Street, you know.  There's 221C, if you don't mind the damp.  There's the third floor, if you don't mind sharing it with John's bedroom.  And there's the entire fourth floor, if you don't mind all the stairs.

Posted

All of those could work. Soak 221C with vinegar to get rid of the mold then run a de-humidifier incessantly to prevent new mold. Maybe take over the 4th floor and the part of the 3rd floor that is not John's room. Make a 221D.

  • Like 1
Posted

... then keep an eye on Sherlock and let us know what he's up to!  ;)

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.