Sign in to follow this  
Caya

Cover photo for your profile

There's a customization option the new forum software offers that I only noticed today (by spying on Tim :P ), namely to give your profile a cover photo. You can see an example (in my case, our dog Basic) when you hover your mouse over my name or click on it to be taken to my profile (same with Tim's name/profile, naturally).

So how do you change that from the default pastel background? Easy. :smile: Just go to your own profile, and within said background, there's an option (to the far right) saying "Cover Photo". Click on it, choose Upload, that opens an upload (surprise!) window. You either drag the picture of your choice there, or click Choose Single File then select the one of your choice (it has to be saved on your device). After it's uploaded you must not just close the window by clicking on the x, but instead use the "Save" button to the lower right. This sets the pic you just uploaded as the background, though it's probably awkwardly positioned. Not to worry though, now there's a new option under "Cover Photo", namely "Reposition Photo". Drag it to a position of your choice, save your labour, and you're all set. :smile:

• Thanks 2

As Caya said, your cover photo will appear on both your mini-profile (which pops up when anyone mouses over your name or avatar photo) and your full profile page (which anyone can load by clicking on your name or avatar picture).  The catch is that those two versions will show your name and avatar photo in different sizes relative to the background of your cover photo, meaning that somewhat different parts of the cover photo will be visible, depending on which profile is displayed.  Also, when anyone other than you looks at your full profile page, they will see Follow and Message icons just to the right of your name, obscuring a bit more of your cover photo.

I chose to position my cover photo to look best for the full profile page, since that shows a more enlarged copy of the photo.  From left to right, that's Cecil, Goldie, Nelly, Dora, and Walter.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip!  :smile:  I’ve known about the cover photo, but my default is green, which is my fave, so I haven't felt inclined to change it yet, lol.

• Like 1

I'll have to give a good think to what I want to put there …. sigh, decisions, decisions.....

• Like 2