When You Go Out...

aely

what item are you never without?

Can be clothes, accessories - anything in fact!

And the out can include conventions, holidays, gigs/concerts/theatre as well as nights out.

I'll even start the ball rolling....

The #1 thing I take everywhere with me when I go out (besides when I'm grocery shopping) is a fan. A nice black lace fan (or black reinforced paper sometimes) and not a horrible battery operated whizzy electric one. I never ever go anywhere without one as varying bands, convention guests and friends can testify. I am the official number 1 fan of at least 3 bands...

My iPhone. I get horribly twitchy if I leave it at home. Because it has my email and my social networks and all my friends in it :D

This, of course, poses a problem when dressing up. Cos back in the days of corsets and petticoats, nobody thought of making a handy pocket for such an item, and I'm awful at carrying clutch bags.

There is a very long list of other things I also need to take with me (anybody who's seen my day handbag can testify to that), but yeah number one is my iPhone...

I need to have a wrist watch. Having the watch on my phone isn't the same -_- If I go out for a walk I might not bother to even carry a bag or my cellphone, but I can't leave the house without my watch ^^

I'm definitely with you on the wristwatch! I didn't really realise how reliant I was on that thing. :P I'm a bit paranoid about time stuff

I always have lipchap on me. Mostly because my lips are always fine until I realise I don't have it, and then they feel all chapped and gross.

I need to have a wrist watch. Having the watch on my phone isn't the same -_- If I go out for a walk I might not bother to even carry a bag or my cellphone, but I can't leave the house without my watch ^^

Oh, I used to be like that. Then I started having to regularly take my watch off for some reason, now I can't wear watches anymore because they annoy me :D

Oh, I used to be like that. Then I started having to regularly take my watch off for some reason, now I can't wear watches anymore because they annoy me :D

Ffff, my managers at the "most magical place on earth" told me my wrist watches were against the dress code because the part around the numbers was pink (and it needed to be black, white or silver). Did I take it off? Noooo, I just started wearing it backwards so my managers wouldn't notice the pink part XP

• Like 1

The one thing I absolutely can't leave the house without (other than my keys, which I physically can't leave the house without due to our front door opening with a key from the inside) is my mobile.

• Like 1

The one thing I absolutely can't leave the house (other than my keys, which I physically can't leave the house without due to our front door opening with a key from the inside) without is my mobile.

I can vouch for the keys part... Seriously, the number of keys one needs to get out of this house is... interesting LOL

I am *so* unattached to my phone it's untrue! I'm always leaving it behind but then I've only had a phone I can use as a phone and not a texting device for about 6 months. None of these iphones, androids or blackberries are hearing aid compatible to the extent that I need and are therefore useless to me. Probably why my fan is so important!

As for places to carry them... wear a corset and shove the phone in your cleavage! Can cause some interesting effects if put it on vibrate.

As for places to carry them... wear a corset and shove the phone in your cleavage! Can cause some interesting effects if put it on vibrate.

Trust me, I tried. It does not fit in my red corset... :D

• Like 1

I suppose a corset is next on my list of essentials on a nigtht out...

• Like 1

For me corsets are essential workwear as well. Only way I can sit up straight for hours, and therefore not have an aching shoulder. Turns out my physiotherapist was right when she said my shoulder hurts cos I don't sit properly...

For me, unless extraordinary circumstances dictate otherwise, I'm never without my watch or engagement ring. I actually feel naked if I'm not wearing both of them. Count me up as another person reliant on the watch; mine has the date on it, so I'm actually extremely useless without it. People look at me strange when I look at my watch when they ask what the date is but I don't care. It's handy, dammit.

9x out of 10, if I'm going out of the house at all, I bring my purse with me. But it's not one of those monster purses (how can women carry those?!), it just has the bear essentials; wallet, keys, phone, and the appropriate seasonal items (gloves, small umbrella). Oh, and a crap-load of receipts. I'm only ever without my purse if I'm going for a walk around the neighborhood or getting the mail. I actually need to get around to putting together a medicine pouch for that purse (with ibuprofin, advil liqui-gels, band-aids, etc), I've gotten a migraine while out and about a few times when I can't get home right away and I've cursed myself for not having any medicine on me to help with it.

If I'm going out for conventions or a similar excursion, I always carry around a small backpack with me with a water bottle for everyone I'm with. Same thing my folks did whenever we went on trips, we ALWAYS have a water bottle on us. Other contents of the backpack vary depending on what we're doing, but the water is a must-have.

I think you might have just described my handbag. Except for the size... mine is one of those day-bags. But hey, I spend most of the day away from the house. I need things. And knitting. Specially knitting!

I think you might have just described my handbag. Except for the size... mine is one of those day-bags. But hey, I spend most of the day away from the house. I need things. And knitting. Specially knitting!

Well I wasn't going to cast aspersions... :tongue3:

Whenever I go out Sherlock always has me taske a good supply of my herbal soothers...

And look at this mess! I'm going to have to get the vacuum out before much longer...

Either my beloved Pteradon or Samulet are the only items I wear that i'm never without,

Though I guess my victorian asylum leather shackles count too although their more night wear than "never without" wear

Either my beloved Pteradon or Samulet are the only items I wear that i'm never without,

Your Pteranodon is adorable. :)

I had a thought. When I'm not in work I'm never without my SOPHIE band or my rune necklace (which I got from here, even if I don't go out of the house.

I had a thought. When I'm not in work I'm never without my SOPHIE band or my rune necklace (which I got from here, even if I don't go out of the house.

ooh good point. I didn't think about the Sophie Band

Lipstick. I never go out without lipstick. I don´t even go to the shop for milk without lipstick.

Keys, purse, phone etc goes without saying but I also (almost) always carry a 5 pound note. This is a bit wierd because it´s not the currency used here in Sweden but I kept it from my last trip to UK and I think that if I somehow happen to end up in Britain again all of a sudden like, I will at least be able to buy a pint of beer! :D

I literally wouldn't go anywhere without my Blackberry. And especially now I know that Sherlock uses a Blackberry, makes it even more cool! I also carry a lucky dice...which sounds kind of weird but it's a tiny dice I found on the floor one time and since then I always have it in my pocket. I don't think it's ever brought me any luck though.

These days I also carry a Sharpie around so I can graffiti "Believe in Sherlock" on toilet walls.

I pretty much take everything but the kitchen sink everywhere with me.

I always have a book in my bag though.

Other than that, my phone, a pen, iPod and a crapload of receipts and random pieces of paper that I seem to be a magnet for.