Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

On 1/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Checked my forecast (because you sometimes get your weather after it's passed through here), but fortunately looks like the weather here is being thoughtful enough to precipitate mostly just while it's above freezing.  *whew*

Maybe yours will be nice and follow suit?

Yeah, it didn't amount to much. Thank goodness.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:56 AM, DistantView said:

Upcoming for Benedict: I am really looking forward to The 39 Steps. I think that's going to be on Netflix, if I remember correctly. Loved the Hitch film, which I probably need to rewatch first...

Ooooh, I may have to hang onto my Netflix subscription a little while longer after all! That's something I'd really like to see ... based on my (very dim) memory of the film.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:41 AM, Arcadia said:

Ooooh, I may have to hang onto my Netflix subscription a little while longer after all! That's something I'd really like to see ... based on my (very dim) memory of the film.

Well, I got hold of a used copy of the Hitchcock blu ray (criterion!) so I can at least make my own memory 'less dim' on the content of the film. Bring forth the miniseries!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the premise... can't wait.  

Hopefully 39 Steps is moving along in production-land as well!

According to the article that J.P. linked to, How to Stop Time is going to be a television mini-series (6 episodes).  Has anybody said where it's to be televised -- broadcast network, cable channel, streaming???  Seems like everything's on streaming these days.   :(

• Like 1

It's produced by Studiocanal, so probably gonna end up at Canal+ first, thus, streaming. But they didn't say so outright, which means it's probably still up to negotiations whether it'll be an exclusive. Fwiw, studios seem to be moving away from those lately (and good riddance, honestly).

• Thanks 1

Be still  my beating heart...

Benedict and Bobby Dylan.

As my daughter said: two of my fandoms collide.

9 hours ago, J.P. said:

Benedict Cumberbatch to Play Pete Seeger ....

Had never thought of it, but he does have the same general "look" as Seeger in his younger days.

9 hours ago, J.P. said:

... Alongside Timothée Chalamet’s Bob Dylan

Not quite as much of a facial resemblance, but apparently they wanted someone who could also sing like Dylan.  (I assume that any scenes of Cumberbatch's Seeger singing will be dubbed?)

• 2 weeks later...

You sure this doesn't belong in the WTF thread?

He then uprooted a garden plant and tossed it at a garden wall, before spitting on the actor's intercom device....  The police were later able to retrieve Bissell's DNA from the intercom, and arrested him....

Moral of story:  Don't spit while committing a crime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An aside to this:

the very noted Sophie hater on Twitter, was denying the event ever happened, because of course she knew HER Benedict's every movement.

I put her right...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, besleybean said:

An aside to this:

the very noted Sophie hater on Twitter, was denying the event ever happened, because of course she knew HER Benedict's every movement.

I think maybe that belongs in the WTF thread too. 🙄

• Like 1

• 11 months later...