Favourite "Sherlock" Pictures, etc.

Ruthyone

Does Sherlock sound sexy in German?

No! The voice-acting is terrible in my opinion. Oh, and Sherlock says "Sie" to John? WTF? I wonder when they finally move on to "Du" - after the pool, maybe? And do they still use first names? "Sherlock, Sie...?" / "John, Sie...?" Oh my god. I know why I never bothered to get a TV and just stick to DVDs...

P.S.: For all who are not familiar with the German language: There are two ways of saying "you" in German, Du and Sie. Sie is formal (equivalent of "vous" in French) and used by people who also call themselves by their last names. "Du" is personal and usually used with a first name.

Maybe the translation is done by an English speaker who learned German in school?

When I studied Spanish, we were told to use "usted" rather than "tu" in classroom conversation, because the formal form would probably be more useful to us (meaning as tourists, I suppose).  So of course a friend of ours married a woman from Mexico who (at the time) spoke very little English -- and I got thrown into the deep end of the pool as regards using "tu."

P.S.: For all who are not familiar with the German language: There are two ways of saying "you" in German, Du and Sie. Sie is formal (equivalent of "vous" in French) and used by people who also call themselves by their last names. "Du" is personal and usually used with a first name.

Thank you so much, T.o.b.y.

Looks like this is (trying to put this in a spoiler-free way) before he put the deerstalker on in Hearse. The talk they had in the hallway.

Oh, that's why he's making a friendly face for once! Thanks, Caya! (The picture isn't too spoilery, is it? It's just Sherlock's lovely face... I keep finding these portrait shots I really like)

Oh yeah, that one is funny. I just love Sherlock's stern "photo face". Other people put on fake smiles when they know their picture is being taken, he frowns and stares. (Yeah, I know he doesn't really exist, but pictures like that one make it easy to pretend he does...)

• Like 1

People have been pretending that these two fictional men have been alive for 160 years, I'm not going to argue with them. Maybe Mycroft had it so very right at the end of "His Last Vow".  Sherlock Holmes:"Oh, who needs me now?".  Mycroft: "England does."

Sherlock Holmes is just such a cool alternative to the knight on a white horse. Imagine somebody out there who could actually solve your problem (if he found it interesting enough... although the original Mr Holmes did make exceptions for young ladies - like Violet Hunter, for example) instead of just carrying you away from it. And Holmes would be funny about it and interesting and after he was done with his job, he'd leave you alone. Perfect!

• Like 1

Well then prepare for our White Knight....or in this case all our bad guys better wrap up warm, here comes our avenging East Wind!

post-398-0-32576100-1392576775_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Oh my god - the airplane! Now that's really the 21st century version of the white horse, isn't it! Fox, you are very clever...

• Like 1

Well, at least somebody does... I'm usually way too busy staring at Sherlock's face. Here's another nice picture of that:

sherlock-bbc-episode-3-the-great-game.jp

I hope the violin will continue to play a prominent role, I like "Holmes the musician".

• Like 2

Me too! I was so upset when he left the reception without it!

Sorry I couldn't get all of the guys in the tub!!!

tumblr_mjzna8fqF51r2d3pso5_r1_250.giftumblr_ly5otzRHPB1r5woobo1_250.jpg3730785384.jpg

4d114887d340.gif

• Like 1