GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

Okay, so what you want to do is to put your finger on the picture and keep it there till a menu shows up. Should look like this, only, you know, in French (I'm sorry that the screenshot is in German - the site asked me whether I wanted it to be shown in French but apparently that courtesy didn't extend to the context menu):

f25u1uU.jpg

There are two ways to proceed from here. The quicker one is to choose the option in the red circle (should say Copy URL or something like that in French too), which will directly give you the correct address, which you then only need to paste in here. Alternatively, you can choose the option in the green circle (which means Open Picture in New Tab), then go to that other tab that should have opened at this point and copy the address at the top, which should also be the correct one.

Yay Caya!!!!!

Hello Jen. I'm a long time resident, but I've been absent for awhile. Nice to see you so active! Hopefully I'll be around more in the future. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Hello Arcadia !!!! Thank you, I'm so happy to be here!! 😀 I like this forum, everyone is very kind. I'm happy to meet you!! ( I'm sorry, I'm french and my English isn't very strong 😅

And I think your English is fine. :smile:

Are you saying even VBS has been kind to you? Whoa! She must be sick or something! :D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jen said:

( I'm sorry, I'm french and my English isn't very strong 😅

Hey, your English is WAY better than my French (or even my Spanish, which I actually studied).  If you didn't apologe for it, most people here would probably have no idea that you didn't grow up bilingual.

21 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Are you saying even VBS has been kind to you?

She doesn't usually show her hand till she's had a chance to assess the newcomer.   ;)

• Like 2

Thank you! I don't know why, I'm always feel like I'm bad in English, it's a persistent feeling 😅 But I work very hard, and I train every day!

There is a good atmosphere here 😄

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jen said:

DiscretePersonalBlackfootedferret-size_r 

My condition for a week... 😵😅

That was me all last week. I blame it on the dark, dank, dreary weather..... as soon as the sun came out, I felt fine.

It's true, the autumn eather is so dreary... 

I often can't sleep. I don't know why. Sometimes, I stay up all night for several days... 

I slept a little last night 😅 

• 3 weeks later...

photofunky.gif

I dropped my smartphone a week ago!! I'll get it fixed, but until then, I use my old computer... It's works pretty badly, so I can't wait to get my beloved smartphone!! 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

I'd be the same way if I'd dropped my computer and had to use my phone!   :D

Same, lol.

Speaking of which, I finally upgraded my smartphone last week!  My brother wanted the new iPhone 12, so I bought his iPhone 11 from him.  Compared to the iPhone 5s that I've had since 2014, the 11 is huuuuuuge. 

tenor.gif

I'm a fuddy-duddy who doesn't like to change out my tech until it's dead, and my poor 5s has been on its last legs for awhile.  I don't use my phone for a whole lot, but it's nice to have battery life and storage space again, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

I'm a fuddy-duddy who doesn't like to change out my tech until it's dead

Me too.  I kept my original flip phone till the local cell network stopped supporting it (in 2016, I think), and the smart phone that replaced it is already getting a bit crotchety, even though IT'S PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW!!!

I shared something private with one of my co-workers, and she relayed it to my bosses, putting me in a very embarrassing position.

tenor.gif

Can't trust anyone.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I shared something private with one of my co-workers, and she relayed it to my bosses

Something kinda like that happened to me once.  Where I used to work, if one of us was working on a complicated piece of software, we'd generally talk through it first with another programmer, just to be sure we really understood it.  (In fact, one time when the other programmers were all away, I talked through a troublesome routine with the secretary.  She didn't understand a word of it, but the act of explaining helped me get things straight.)

Anyhow, I had changed jobs, and when I was tackling my first project at the new place, I very naturally ran it by one of the other software people.  She then told our boss that I was "having problems."  I suppose the local customs were simply different at the new place, but nevertheless I never really trusted her again, even though she seemed to consider me something of a friend.

53 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Where I used to work, if one of us was working on a complicated piece of software, we'd generally talk through it first with another programmer, just to be sure we really understood it.  (In fact, one time when the other programmers were all away, I talked through a troublesome routine with the secretary.  She didn't understand a word of it, but the act of explaining helped me get things straight.)

I was told that's pretty standard procedure in programmer world.  I think there's even a name for it... (Googles)... yep!  Rubber duck debugging.  They should have been doing it at your other workplace too!

Anyway, yeah, it was a bit like that.  Weeks ago when I was training in a new employee, she got flustered over forgetting something she was supposed to do.  I explained to her that it's common in this job, because there are so many different things we do.  Sometimes months will pass before we encounter the same problem or question again, and in the mean time we've forgotten how we handled it the first time.  I warned her that the funeral directors don't always understand this, and sometimes they will get upset and make you feel dumb or like you don't know your job; but not to take it too personally, because their jobs are also hectic and if they seem mad at you, they're probably just panicking about getting things done on time.  I gave her an example of the latest incident that happened with me and a certain funeral director.  I warned her about this because it's caused other people to quit very soon after being hired, and I didn't want that to happen again.

So apparently, she went and told the directors that I think they think I'm dumb.  :bemused:  And in particular the director I mentioned in my example to her.  So I got to have a lovely "chat" with him today.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I was told that's pretty standard procedure in programmer world.  I think there's even a name for it... (Googles)... yep!  Rubber duck debugging

Good heavens, I never thought of doing that!  If I ever have another programming job, I'll have to get me a rubber duck.  Though I must say, the secretary was a good bit more responsive.

9 minutes ago, Artemis said:

So apparently, for some reason, she told the directors that I think they think I'm dumb.  :bemused:  And in particular the director I mentioned in my example to her.  So I got to have a lovely "chat" with him today.

Kinda makes you have second thoughts about trying to help someone, doesn't it?  :(

Were you able to clear the air at all with the director?

1 minute ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Good heavens, I never thought of doing that!  If I ever have another programming job, I'll have to get me a rubber duck.  Though I must say, the secretary was a good bit more responsive.

Yes, I'd think a real person would be superior, lol.  They're not always available when you need them though.

When I was taking tech classes, they handed out rubber ducks to us all as a gift.  They were all unique, we each got to pick one.  Mine looks like a calico cat.

• Like 1