Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone seen this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookish_(TV_series)
 

I don’t know if it’s available in the USA. If it is then I highly recommend it; it’s brilliant. A second series is planned.

  • 3 months later...
Posted

Series 2 has now been filmed and will be out sometime later this year. There will be a bit of a Sherlock reunion going on as Rupert Graves is in it although I don’t know if his appearance is as an ongoing character or just a one off. Also appearing are some very familiar names (in the UK at least): Simon Callow; Miranda Richardson, Jason Watkins and Claire Skinner.

I’m sure that it will be worth the wait.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
Posted

Just watched the first three episodes of series 2...

The standard has been maintained.

(Actually watching an old Jeremy Brett sherlock Holmes, now.)

  • Like 1
Posted

Does it mean it's good?

I keep getting posts on Insta, at least it's looking good. Had no time/energy to look up where to stream it, but it's on the list.

Posted

It is excellent.

I am so pleased for Mark.

I feel this is the series he always talked of writing. ..

an original, not constrained by the Sherlock mould.

Posted

The FIRST series DVD and Blu-ray are available on both Amazon UK (https://www.amazon.co.uk) and Amazon US (https://www.amazon.com).  Amazon UK also has what I take to be a German-language version.

None of them are cheap (or even what I'd call reasonably priced), though!  I'm hoping the price may come down once it's no longer quite so current.  (On the other hand, they could simply stop selling them at that point.)

There is a trade-paperback novelization (or actually "short-story-ization") by Matthew Sweet available for about half that price.  Reviews are mixed but overall favorable.

 

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.