The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Aw, that pup was on the national news tonite!

That teeny little police dog?  What did they say about it?

Ummm... lessee, they said it melted the internet, and ... oh!

It was something about bullet-proof vests for dogs. Here's an article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2811613/Rrready-solve-crime-Tiny-nine-week-old-Tuco-German-shepherd-t-wait-grow-bullet-proof-vest.html

• Like 1

I hope the article is wrong about that being a canine bullet-proof vest -- doesn't look like it'd cover much.

According to Google Images, the vests do typically cover a great deal more -- so maybe that was just a training harness, and the article was confused.

That might be part of the vest and not all of the parts are on there.  I forget what a full one looks like on the dog.

Check that link that I posted last night -- apparently there are several different styles, all providing considerable coverage.  But yeah, what they showed in the photo could have been just the basic framework, with various snap-on parts available.

Baby Sea Otter !  How adorable.  You must think I'm very fickle ... when I'm not near the cute, cuddly, adorable creature I love, I love the cute, cuddly, adorable creature I'm near !  :D 

BabyOtter_zpsd1723277.jpg

Debbie

• Like 4

I don't think those are racoons... ?? Wrong kind ears, wrong kind of tails. Lemurs, maybe? Sure a lot of 'em, whatever the heck they are!

Yep, googled, them is lemurs. :DThis is a pile of raccoons (pretty sure I have at least one of these piles in my back yard...)

SCAZqTk.jpg

• Like 5

I know I do, Arcadia.  Opened my kitchen door and there was Mr. Raccoon staring me in the face and not even remotely scared of me, even though I'm WAY bigger'n he is.  No lemurs, though.   :( 

Debbie

• Like 1

Oh, yeah, the wildlife around here is pretty unintimidated by us lowly humans.

Speaking of bold wildlife -- pretty sure I have a pile of these guys in our back yard too.

Sj26WbV.jpg

• Like 5

A friend of mine (who was living in a second-floor apartment overlooking a parking lot and some trees) came halfway awake one warm morning thinking how nice it felt to have her cat cuddled up next to her.  As she woke up a bit more, she remembered that she didn't have a cat just then.  She and the squirrel gave each other one startled look before the critter fled out the open window.

• Like 1

I know a musician who owns the farm where dr. Pepper was invented. 1 of his former band's songs I dubbed the rogue squirrel song from the music video. It was anime of his house and the problems he and his wife legitimately had with squirrels. They thought they owned the place instead of the humans owning it.