Harry Potter + other JK Rowling

At the risk of repeating myself, you can blame Martina for introducing me to Honest Trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL1aqfnIr2Y&list=PL86F4D497FD3CACCE&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, if you're tired of quizzes that purport to tell you which Hogwarts house you belong in, how about one that purports to tell you which Hogwarts professor you are?

They say I'm Remus Lupin:

Most of the time you are an affable, helpful and friendly person. People trust you, and you're good at helping out, especially in a crisis. However, every now and then there are times when you become (and there's no nice way to put this) an absolute beast. You snap, you snarl, and you scare the living daylights out of everyone unfortunate enough to cross your path.

The good news is that your nearest and dearest know all about this and have made allowances. There's not a lot you could do that would alter their high opinion of you, even though you occasionally give them hell. You must be careful around people who don't know how to read the signs and blunder across your path at precisely the wrong moment. That can get messy.

Still, you only need a good night's sleep in order to feel like your old self again, and you can always apologize for any trouble you've caused and help to clean up. If people prove to be unwilling to forgive, that says more about them than it does about you.

Sure -- why not?

Snape! :wtf:

Life has not always been kind to you. You are possessed of a strange kind of charisma that works best amid small groups–or face to face–but crumbles in large groups. This, plus a few unfortunate experiences with people who should really know better, has left you constructing quite a shell to keep your vulnerable feelings safe. It's very thick, and it has spikes on the outside made of pure sarcasm.

The bad news is that shield also keeps out the people you want to be closest to, and that's not great. You're an intensely sensitive and loyal person, and brave to boot, so what say you crack open the shield once in a while and maybe try to trust someone with your delicate feelings? Who knows what future tragedies can be avoided if you're a little more honest and little less tetchy?

The only part describing me is that I work best in small groups.....

:mellow: I cannot see the real link to the quiz....

Edit: Can see it now after accessing by laptop * is suppressing a rant about how on this days and age there're still sites who did not think about mobile users*

Professor Dumbledore:

You are someone that people naturally look up to. You're highly educated, highly skilled, extremely resourceful and naturally talented, and that does tend to mean that yours is a voice that carries a lot of weight. You don't mind shouldering responsibility either. 

This is not always a good thing, however. For starters it's lonely, and there's the sneaking suspicion that if everyone expects you to do the right thing all the time, you can only let some people down. You can end up worrying that you're alienating your closest friends just in order to do the right thing for everyone. 

Luckily, your most loyal companions (and the odd pet) know that you are imperfect but you're doing your best, and they would forgive you almost anything. Knowing this is what keeps you going in trying times. 

Right... xp Our sole similarity I think is that we tends to make people to learn for their own future. 

• 1 year later...

FDI9PBI.jpg

X20AfjO.jpg

BdWEVYl.jpg

6PWlU8N.jpg

Just the Muggle Edition, unfortunately, but at least the Special Edition is the wizardly version:

4BvJSJn.gif

• Like 4

What show is it that does skits where Satan's phone number is 666, but he keeps getting wrong-number calls, and it really pisses him off?

It was Bruiser, in a skit with only a brief appearance by Martin Freeman.  (Freeman's other skits -- among the funniest in the whole series -- are also available on YouTube.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJmY9gtJP4&feature=player_detailpage

:rofl: This is awesome! Actuallly 667 is the neighbour of the beast :lol: ...

Anyone seen 'Little Nicky' btw? A very funny film about satan and his son, and a cute dog... :lol:

• Like 1

FDI9PBI.jpg

X20AfjO.jpg

BdWEVYl.jpg

6PWlU8N.jpg

Just the Muggle Edition, unfortunately, but at least the Special Edition is the wizardly version:

4BvJSJn.gif

Why would Witch Weekly have a muggle edition?  Don't the witches and wizards in Potter's universe do their very best to hide their existence from the muggle world?

'Twas a joke, because while whoever made this (don't know the source, unfortunately) did a fine job imo, they used pictures, not gifs, which would've been more appropriate in the Potterverse. But who knows, maybe it's the Squib Edition. :P Or maybe it's for the parents of Muggleborn wizards and witches, so that they know what happens in their kids' lives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a good Potter experience (with actual costumes, props, and sets) at Warner Bros' Leavesden Studios near London, where one can walk through the Great Hall. Now one can (if sufficiently well heeled) actually have dinner there in a couple of months.

According to the Pottermore website, tickets are a mere 240 GBP per person.

I went there this summer with my parents.

It was soooooooo beautiful and interesting and exciting and...and ...and beautiful (did I say that?). It's like being in Harry Potter's world!

The price is not so high; obviously, it could depend on the day you go and visit, but we booked through an agency, with an offer, so we didn't pay so much (I don't remember, but it was between 30 and 40 pound per adult).

I think once in your life you have to go and visit it,it's wonderful! There are all the objects and the sceneries of the films!

• Like 3

I would so love to go there someday. Currently a friend is in London, she asked me if she should bring something when she returns. Don't know if shes a Potter-Fan, but I hope she really goes at least to 9 3/4 and brings some chocolate frogs as I asked her to....(recently I found Bertie Botts beans here in a gift shop, but we don't get choco frogs anywhere around here. :( )

Well, if they're any good, maybe that's a good thing???

• Like 2

I wouldn't say The Hobbit was bad. My opinion is that, like the curate's egg, parts of it were excellent. But yeah, if your point is that it would likely have been better as the two movies originally planned (and quite possibly better still as just one), then I heartily concur.

But as to whether that also applies to Magical Beasts, only time will tell, so I shall reserve my judgment.

• Like 1

I haven't read it, is it at least a lengthy book?

I agree, parts of the Hobbit were brilliant. Usually the parts that actually had a hobbit in them.

• Like 1

No, I meant Fantastic Beasts, is it a lengthy novel? As lengthy as one of the Harry Potter books, at least?

I wouldn't call The Hobbit a short story, although by today's standards it might be short for a fantasy! :smile: But it's a decent novel length, I'd say.

No, I meant Fantastic Beasts, is it a lengthy novel? As lengthy as one of the Harry Potter books, at least?

I wouldn't call The Hobbit a short story, although by today's standards it might be short for a fantasy! But it's a decent novel length, I'd say.

I wasn't sure if you were referring to the hobbit or fantastic beasts. Anyway, fantastic beasts has 88 pages. So it's really a short story

As for the hobbit, compared to the three lotr books it's short

Wow. Then I can only assume she's going to write more Fantastic Beast stories?

Compared to the three LOTR books, everything's short! :d Except maybe Harry Potter.... ;)

Fantastic Beasts isn't even a novel, it's written as one of Hogwarts' textbooks, as in, a compendium of information on, well, fantastic beasts and where to find them (you'd never have guessed that one without me :lol:). Afaik, the movies are about a field researcher.

• Like 2

Right, the book was a sort of token Hogwarts text, written (I believe) as a fundraiser. The movie may borrow a few ideas from it, but certainly not the (nonexistent) plot.

I further assume that the screenplays are being written from scratch -- though come to think of it, I'd be surprised if we DON'T see a novelization.

• Like 2