Whose Death Could You Tolerate....

No Sherlolly, no Sherlolly, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SherLolLY! :angry:  :facepalm:  :lol5:  :axe:  :blowmytop:

Sorry, but there's already, well, Sherlolly in the story. It's just one-sided as far as we know (Although some interpret that Sherlock likes Molly back, but he doesn't want to give into sentiment because emotion is weakness to him.).

So then, how would he get taken out! I guess your previous post gave me a visual of 3 men facing off with one another

In some manner kind of similar to what we had going before when it was just between Sherlock & Mycroft only we had Moriarty into the mix. And since Moriarty & Mycroft hire others to do their dirty work it shouldn't be too hard to have all three taken out.

No Sherlolly, no Sherlolly, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SherLolLY! :angry::facepalm::lol5::axe::blowmytop:

Sorry, but there's already, well, Sherlolly in the story. It's just one-sided as far as we know (Although some interpret that Sherlock likes Molly back, but he doesn't want to give into sentiment because emotion is weakness to him.).

I don't think he likes her in that way, & I sincerely hope the writers don't go there with them. Boooooooo! booooooo! boo. She wants "dinner" TEH, He just wants to solve crimes & have fun while doing it.

What I also despise about Molly, is that she's obviously in love with the idea of Sherlock, she can actually be rather critical & snarky towards him. TSO3, so you wanna take him everywhere you've found a corpse, instead of being straight forward & letting him know she doesn't feel that's a good idea. Passive aggressive B@#*@ !

• Like 1

I think Molly was just weirded out about the whole drinking-where-we-found-a-dead-person thing. I mean, Sherlock's all happy when he sees that a murder's happened. He even prances a little when he hears about the fourth suicide. But celebrating it with a beer and an actual stag night instead of just saying to yourself hell yeah I'm so excited? That's pretty extreme. I think Molly thinks so too, but she likes him too much to explicitly say so.

• Like 1

Molly's big problem is that she's a shy introvert with self-confidence issues. She's slowly getting a little more confident while still having a major crush. She reminds me of me only I don't have a crush going and my self-confidence has improved more. (I'm still a shy introvert)

What I also despise about Molly, is that she's obviously in love with the idea of Sherlock, she can actually be rather critical & snarky towards him. TSO3, so you wanna take him everywhere you've found a corpse, instead of being straight forward & letting him know she doesn't feel that's a good idea. Passive aggressive B@#*@ !

My impression was that she DID let him know -- surely that much sarcasm must count for something!

• Like 1

Even though Molly isn't the stereotypical "stiff upper lip" type, she's still English.  Behavior that's normal in one society can seem repressed (or way overboard) in another.  Although Molly's reaction is certainly low-key, and even though sarcasm can be a component of passive-aggressive behavior, I personally don't see her behavior that way.  For one thing, Sherlock's choice of a bachelor-party venue is really none of her business, so she has no call to actually complain -- so she merely comments.

Maybe it's that personality-type thing again.  I find her comments droll and amusing.

• Like 2

I just re-read the title of this thread -- "Whose Death Could You Tolerate."  That question would probably never have occurred to anyone before Series 3.  Now it seems almost reasonable to ask what bad things we could tolerate in our favorite show.  How horrible would it have to get before it was unbearable?

I used to have much higher expectations (and they were more than fulfilled by Series 2); now I'm just hoping that Series 4 won't hurt too much.  Sad.

I just re-read the title of this thread -- "Whose Death Could You Tolerate."  That question would probably never have occurred to anyone before Series 3.  Now it seems almost reasonable to ask what bad things we could tolerate in our favorite show.  How horrible would it have to get before it was unbearable?

I used to have much higher expectations (and they were more than fulfilled by Series 2); now I'm just hoping that Series 4 won't hurt too much.  Sad.

Not necessarily. I suspect that most of my initial frustration with series 3 came from dramatically overblown expectations. Now, for series 4, I am trying to reign in my anticipation as much as possible, fantasize about worst case scenarios and focus on all that I can find to criticize in what I have. It might just work out. And if not, at least I can be all smug and "I told you so" if series 4 goes totally down the drain...

• Like 2

No Sherlolly, no Sherlolly, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SherLolLY! :angry:  :facepalm:  :lol5:  :axe:  :blowmytop:

Is it just because you don't like Molly at all, or would seeing her with someone else be okay?  How would you feel about Mollycroft?  :P

I think Jess has already expressed very clearly that she adores Molly    :molly:  :P (sorry, couldn't resist :D)

• Like 1

Is it just because you don't like Molly at all, or would seeing her with someone else be okay?  How would you feel about Mollycroft?  :P

Tch, I can rattle off quite a few ships that people ship even though they'll most likely never be canon. They're spolier boxed below. May be extremely traumatising to people who are not used to the insane shipping part of the fandom.

John/Moriarty, Sherlock/Moriarty, John/Mycroft, Molly/the Woman, Mycroft/pretty much anyone, all threesome ships, the list goes on and on and on. There are some crazier ones but I decided to spare your sanities.

I think Jess has already expressed very clearly that she adores Molly    :molly:  :P (sorry, couldn't resist :D)

I've said I'd be excited to see her with Lestrade. Mycroft & Molly is even more ridiculous than Sherlolly.

I'd rather see Molly with Sherlock over Mycroft if she had to be shipped with one of the Holmes boys.  Key word here is the If as I'd rather keep Sherlock single.  To me, Lestrade with Molly almost seems to have a robbing the cradle sort of thing about it because they look like they are not that close in age.

This seems to have turned into a "what relationships could you tolerate" thread, but I don't mind a bit.

The idea of Mycroft with anybody is preposterous, if you ask me. It's even slightly unappetizing. He is certainly a character whose love life I do not want to pause to consider - if he has one at all, which seems unlikely.

I have no idea how far apart Molly and Lestrade are in age, but I bet it could still work out. Maybe not as a marriage until death does them part, but as a steady-going partnership over a decade or so? Sure!

• Like 2

Mycroft is most often paired with Lestrade, in slash fiction. I don't really understand it - have they even met, in the books or onscreen? A lot of people like this pairing, though. As for the age difference between Lestrade and Molly.....Well, one of my daughters is married to a man who is twenty- three years older than her and the relationship is a very happy one. Age doesn't really matter that much when you're in love.

• Like 2

Mycroft is most often paired with Lestrade, in slash fiction.

This is seriously weird. I wonder where the idea came from. It sounds so absurd. They must radically change the characters' personalities to make that work.

I'm not saying that a Molly/Lestrade couldn't work as I know people with over 10 years age difference.  It almost seems a little odd at first but maybe I don't see anything there yet at least from Molly's end.  I know Lestrade's reaction to Molly at Christmas in SiB.

I'm not saying that a Molly/Lestrade couldn't work as I know people with over 10 years age difference.  It almost seems a little odd at first but maybe I don't see anything there yet at least from Molly's end.  I know Lestrade's reaction to Molly at Christmas in SiB.

I think that is because she is still kind of obsessed with Sherlock.  But if she ever moved on from him I could see her noticing Lestrade.  And if Mary is out of the picture I could see her with John.  I like Molly and would rather see her with someone we "know", rather than some random stranger like Tom.  I hope this show continues for enough years that we will eventually find out!