"Forbidden" Errors (due to "spam" words)

No. Thought I had but it's probably unstable connection that made it seem so.

So just wiped-out text, on phone only.

Maybe the problem isn't roulette, as last post was fine. But before the word, no problem. Confusing..

• 4 months later...

I just got what may be a variation on the "Forbidden" error that we've already seen:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I was attempting to post the following:

It seems that I am still unable to post embedded videos, but here's a link to a clip from Mr. Freeman's recent appearance on the Tonight show (which NBC totally failed to give me advance notice of), wherein he and host Jimmy Fallon discuss his costume for Captain America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYre660byHI

... but of course it just posted fine here -- AND embedded the video!

Maybe just a temporary hiccup in transmission or something?

I never have been able to figure out why sometimes a video is embedded and other times I just end up with a link .... as I do it the same way in both cases. The software just seems to decide for itself.

Also weird ... sometimes I can't paste text unless I switch to code mode. And sometimes I can. ???

Maybe the code is taking its cue from Moftiss :)

• Like 2

Oh geez, in that case we're all doomed to eternal confusion!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, here's a weird one ... I just had trouble posting due to a "forbidden" word, and was painstakingly going around changing various words, trying to find the offender. At one point I found a typo, corrected it ... and lo and behold, that was the culprit.

The typo was "othere" (instead of "other"). Any idea why it's forbidden? Is it some naughty French term? :d

ETA: And why was I able to post it here without problems? Because I put it in quotes?

Like I said... weird.... :smile:

... sometimes I can't paste text unless I switch to code mode. And sometimes I can. ???

Dunno. But I often switch to code mode for pasting, because that strips out all the font/size/color designations for me.

• Like 1

May be context that caused the 403 - remember what happens when you mix dropping with tables and the forum thinks you're launching an SQL attack :unsure:.

othere othere othere :P

I think it's you. XD

Thanks a heap. :(

May be context that caused the 403 - remember what happens when you mix dropping with tables and the forum thinks you're launching an SQL attack :unsure:.

"Mix dropping with tables" -- Do you know how many times I had to read that before it made sense to me? :d

If I could remember which post it was in I'd go back and experiment ... ah, no I wouldn't! :d

• 5 weeks later...

Just added another "Forbidden" word to the list in post#1, namely pen1cillin. Thanks to Martina and T.o.b.y for reporting that one.

• 5 months later...

Found new one, I see that it's not listed yet.

And it's very specific.

So we can say diet,

we can say pill or pills

but NO, we are not allowed to say d1et pills

• Like 1

I discovered something interesting... if I type ! @ # $ % (without the spaces) it creates a link that opens up the mail app on my desktop. WTF?

Found new one, I see that it's not listed yet.

And it's very specific.

So we can say diet,

we can say pill or pills

but NO, we are not allowed to say d1et pills

Kinda like animal + video.  Thanks, VBS -- I'll go add that to the list.

I discovered something interesting... if I type ! @ # $ % (without the spaces) it creates a link that opens up the mail app on my desktop. WTF?

Is that just here on the forum, or anywhere, or what?  Lemme try it:  !@#$%

Guess not -- I'm still here!

I suspect it has something to do with the new mailbox assistant I recently downloaded, because I've used that string before to represent swearing and didn't get the link. Anyway, that string creates a "url=mailto" and when I click on it, it opens up the mailbox app. So I can promptly email you about something exciting I just saw on the always exciting interwebs, apparently. :P Gotta luv Windows, there's 10 ways to do everything. <_<

So now I have to find a different way to swear .... *&^%$#@! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

New "spam" phrase encountered:

Degree 1n radiology

But I can say these without misspelling:

Degree in English

Degree in medicine

Degree in anesthesiology

Let me try this one

Degree in proctology. :p

Okay, I give up.

Don't study radiology folks. It's shady. :p

• Like 3