Let's Play Deductions!

Part of a pair of pantyhose?

Is it safe to assume that it can't be eaten?

Is it part of a plant?

Is shaped like that because it maximizes the surface area while keeping the overall dimensions quite small?

And is it something alive?

(I get two guesses because I've been away for awhile. Miss me?)

• Like 2

I am giggling like a school girl because you gave me the idea to ask the question next time when I meet my friends, normal and innocent friends, with maniacal laughter at the back of my mind, as if I don't behave weirdly enough.

Anyway, good progress.

Not plant.

Shaped like that to maximize surface area while keeping it compact, I would answer that is a yes. This is my own answer but based on characteristics that I know so it has good ground.

Alive, yes!

16jkewz.jpg

What is this, and

Why is it like that?

Just putting this here so I can look at it some more without constantly flipping back to the other page........

Hm, not a plant, not coral, so some other kind of animal ...

Aquatic?

Is it a type of sea sponge (which although act like a plant are actually a type of animal)

Sea anemone?

Sea urchin?

Could it be part of the interior of an animal's mouth?

Does it live in a shell?

skip that...is it an egg ribbon for a type of nudibranch

I'm thinking the shape has to do with collecting or getting rid of energy. Like filtering food, or radiating heat ....

It is egg ribbon of Spanish Dancer, one of the biggest nudibranch. Not only they have similarity of color with those Spanish Dancer, they really dance too, but have to see them at night because they are nocturnal. 

Laying eggs in the open, counting on mass number, chemical defence and color advertisement known as aposematism to deter predator. The black background is not photoshop, but macro camera effect to bring out the details of small object.

Space efficiency as deduced by Arcadia, is a very sound reason as the eggs is laid nearby the limited food source, plus they are relatively slow moving animal. Other smaller species lay their egg in counter clockwise motion as lucky-encounter captured here.

16kuse9.jpg

Your turn Camper.

This is a very small part of a partially frozen lake that would come up in world geography classes globally.  You have to tell me which lake it is.  And to help you, I'll give you the places I have visited as this is a picture I took of that lake.

IMG_0392.jpg

Places visited:

US:

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Hawai'i, Montana, Louisiana, Florida

Canada:

Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta

Europe:

Sweden & Norway: Stockholm to Oslo to Sandefjord to Göteberg back to Stockholm, England & France: London to Dover to Calais to Paris, Spain & Portugal: Madrid, Toledo, Avila, Seville, Segovia, Cordoba, Grenada, Lisbon

Asia:

India: New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata

Thailand, Malaysia

Sorry not in Saskatchewan nor is it named that which is what I'm looking for over location.