Hello Everybody And Welcome!

Undead Medic

.... If you don't mind another question- if the tables were turned and you were deducing Sherlock, what would you/did you notice the most about him? Say this is one of the first times you meet him, in his flat?

The first thing I remember noticing about Sherlock was his taste in clothes. I guess what I would deduce from that would be that he had money, and was a bit formal. The second thing I noticed was his voice, and I think my brain stopped working at that point. :p

• Like 2

If you don't mind another question- if the tables were turned and you were deducing Sherlock, what would you/did you notice the most about him? Say this is one of the first times you meet him, in his flat?

In the first season, it would be an instant impression of, "Good Lord, not again! I already have one spoiled big baby in the family, I refuse to deal with another one!" :p

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello bluehorsey (any relation to Bluebell? ;)) and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Don't worry, we were all awkward newbies here at one time, and we overcame it :smile:. So make yourself at home!

• Like 2

:wave2: Hello Bluehorsey. You can be awkward with the rest of us :) We're all Sherlock fans so that automatically means a touch of awkwardness.
  • Like 1

Welcome, bluehorsey!  :welcome:  If you get tired of just lurking, please feel free to share your thoughts (or questions) with us!

• Like 1

Hi Bluehorsey.

I heard we are entitled to be awkward until we reach Consulting Detective level. At least that is the excuse I use.

• Like 1

I am at consulting detective level & I'm still awkward at times. Some of the other consulting detectives might say the same for themselves at least at times.

• Like 3

Hey, once you've reached Consulting Detective, you're allowed to be awkward any time you damn well please!  :P  (In honor, of course, of the original Consulting Detective, whose social ineptitude is legendary.)

• Like 2

Math is my favorite subject and I don't know about other parts of the world, I also learnt logic in math.

Carol, you are mathematician and consulting detective as well. Help me out here.. is that mean.. that.. in here.. everyone, on every level, always have the right to be awkward?!?!?! Always, always?

Hoooray!! :lol:

Well, let's see -- anyone who has not reached 1500 posts is entitled to be awkward, and anyone who's past 1500 posts may choose to be awkward at any time, so you've got a good point, Van Buren.  That does leave some question about post #1500, though -- so best make sure that one's perfect!  ;)

Note:  I merely studied (and taught) math.  I never did any original work, so no, I would not call myself a mathematician.

• Like 1

See, below 1,500 we're learning to be like Sherlock after 1,500 we're no longer strictly protege we're now colleague.

#1500 = behave

I shall remember so if the time ever comes for me :)

When that day arrives, you'll probably be so busy typing that you'll never even notice till someone points it out in this thread!

#1500 = behave

I shall remember so if the time ever comes for me :)

When that day arrives, you'll probably be so busy typing that you'll never even notice till someone points it out in this thread!

Totally...It occurred to me late yesterday that sitty had probably reached that level as I knew she had been close for several days.

I'm fairly certain I've been awkward since post 1.  lol

Like, like, like, like (ran into too many like votes again and it applies to both quotes)

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to this forum, but not to Sherlock! Of course.

After last night I really want to find out if there are some people out there who, like me, think that Janine really is Moriarty. ( so yes, Rich Brook really was a hired actor, probably dying. Like the cab driver in 1.1.)

Other then that, hi! I'm looking forward to reading other theories and ideas.

Cheers,

Marieke

Hi Marieke,

I hope you get chance to watch the Special and get involved in the discussion.

We are pretty pretty normal here, as in crazy about Sherlock. :) Like you, I suppose.

• Like 1

Welcome Marieke!!! (Nice name!) Glad you found us. As regards your question, I suggest you head on over to this thread and see what the folks visiting it think of your idea; there's no lack of opinions around here! :)

• Like 1

Welcome, Marieke!

I do believe I've heard somebody on this forum mention that idea already, so you're in good company!

• Like 1

wow, nice welcome! :D thanks

I have indeed seen the special, which to me, makes my theory even more clear.

Thanks for liking my name, and thanks for the thread.

I'll see you on the forum!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well hello!

Just found this forum this evening. I've only recently started watching the BBC series which I love, have seen the Robert Downing Jr films, and played a couple of the video games. I haven't yet read any of the written works but hope to get around to that.

My name is Shane and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just found this forum this evening!

Huge Sherlock fan from the beginning and a MASSIVE Molly Hooper/ Sherlolly nut.

Kind of shy, so if I post.....its kind of a big deal. LOL ;)

• Like 2

Hi Mollyhooperfan,

Eh.... have you checked yourself in the mirror? Because I think there is a Sherlock in your face. XD :p

Totally with you about a big deal being here, me too! So I hope you will stick around like me, it's nice here.