Hello Everybody And Welcome!

Undead Medic

Thank you! Luckily no one can see how much time I actually spend to write a post that is more or less correct ^_^

Yeah, it always takes me like 15 minutes to write something (thank God for online dictionaries)  so I know exactly what you mean :D

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm really glad I found this forum. 'The Empty Hearse' was brilliantt and I am looking forward to the 'Sign of Three' tomorrow. I can't wait to see Sherlock try and give a best man's speech!!

Luckily no one can see how much time I actually spend to write a post that is more or less correct ^_^

Welcome in the club! :D  In both senses. ;)

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

I used to watch the previous show with Jeremy Brett. Like many, I came to believe that Jeremy was the Holmes to beat. No one could compare to him. Then this new series came along and "shook the cobwebs out". Took me completely by surprise, to be honest. What reeled me in was the scene where Sherlock first meets up with Watson and deduces about his history. Watchig the interaction between the two actors was key for me. See how the characters would get along and work together. Blended perfectly.

I didn't believe any actor could continue bringing to life such an important character. Giving Sherlock Holmes justice would be a huge challenge, but seeing Benedict take it on. He sold me completely.

The 3rd season has not been shown yet here in NY, but that did not stop me from looking for whatever "spoilers" I could get my hands on. I am a fan who wants to know what to expect so I will not be completely surprised by what I saw. My dad is "old school" and will most likely not like the upcoming episode but I warned him a little without spoiling anything really.

I love seeing the relationship between Sherlock and John.

Check out "Tumblr" each night and see all kinds of stuff with the show.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to see alot of fan fics, pics and spoilers.

Welcome to the Sherlock Forum, Gemlily. A lot of us feel the same way about Mr. Jeremy Brett in the Victorian sense. For most of us Cumberbatch and Freeman define the modern interpretation of Holmes and Watson. Hope you come around often and enjoy the comradery of the Forum.

I used to watch the previous show with Jeremy Brett. Like many, I came to believe that Jeremy was the Holmes to beat. No one could compare to him. Then this new series came along and "shook the cobwebs out". Took me completely by surprise, to be honest. What reeled me in was the scene where Sherlock first meets up with Watson and deduces about his history. Watchig the interaction between the two actors was key for me. See how the characters would get along and work together. Blended perfectly.

You can say that again!

Welcome to Sherlock Forum, gemlily!  :welcome:  Glad to see that you've jumped right in with your comments!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I'm new to this forum! Just stopping by to say hello, before I (further) explore the topics...

Hi elbafo and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Glad you found us, make yourself right at home :smile:.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

I didn't believe any actor could continue bringing to life such an important character. Giving Sherlock Holmes justice would be a huge challenge, but seeing Benedict take it on. He sold me completely.

The 3rd season has not been shown yet here in NY, but that did not stop me from looking for whatever "spoilers" I could get my hands on. I am a fan who wants to know what to expect so I will not be completely surprised by what I saw. My dad is "old school" and will most likely not like the upcoming episode but I warned him a little without spoiling anything really.

I love seeing the relationship between Sherlock and John.

Check out "Tumblr" each night and see all kinds of stuff with the show.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to see alot of fan fics, pics and spoilers.

Hi, i cant beleive you watched it too, I loved The Sherlock with Jeremy Brett, But I ADORE the sherlock with Benedict. I'm New here too, This is like my third post  :sherlock2:

:welcome:  Glad to have you aboard!

I am nearly 55, from Los Angeles, and I have only recently discovered SHERLOCK.  I don't have TV in my house (only Netflix on the computer).  I'm never up on what's what in TV, especially British TV, and I've only also just "discovered" Benedict Cumberbatch (from Star Trek Into Darkness) and decided to check out SHERLOCK to see what else he had done, and I'm completely smitten with that show.  I suspect I shall be travelling when Season 4 hits, and so I will have to try to find it somehow.  Seems I have to wait another 19 months for new "episodes."  Arrghh.   Well, gives me time to really work out all the bits from the first 3 seasons.

I will say that it is the first series of anything for a looooong time that has so hooked me that it has gotten the creative wheels in my creaky old brain to turn again.  And that is a good thing!

• Like 1

Welcome to all of our lovely newcomers. It's great to have you aboard!

:sherlock:  :sherlock2:  :wave3:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Amy and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Do we ever know the *can't you shut up about that show already* syndrome that friends and loved ones exhibit, so welcome to the group therapy :D.

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum! Presumably you know what the nature of the announcement is by now, and you can pop over to this thread and obsess over *ahem* discuss it with the rest of us!

Glad you found your way here!

:)