Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

For me it's more of a texture thing.  I don't like how tough/dry/rubbery some things are after having been in the freezer (or microwave).

 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 10/19/2018 at 9:48 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Not all cities have them.  Indianapolis is one that does.

Carol,

Looks like we will be offering a young lady from Indianapolis a job where I work.  Hope she doesn't regret it . . . I wouldn't leave Indianapolis to come here, but needs must, I guess.

My significantly-smaller-than-Indy town has a farmers' market from June - October, if 'farmer's market' isn't too grand a term for it.  How many vendors does it take to constitute 'a market'?  Probably more than 4-6, innit?  That is our usual.

Posted
2 hours ago, Hikari said:

Looks like we will be offering a young lady from Indianapolis a job where I work.  Hope she doesn't regret it.

That depends a lot on the individual.  And as long as she likes her job, then even if the town feels "too small" to her, she can always pop over to Indy for the weekend.

I've seen farmer's market the size of yours, but haven't generally bothered shopping at them -- got too spoiled in Ventura, California.

Posted
1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

That depends a lot on the individual.  And as long as she likes her job, then even if the town feels "too small" to her, she can always pop over to Indy for the weekend.

I've seen farmer's market the size of yours, but haven't generally bothered shopping at them -- got too spoiled in Ventura, California.

I was surprised to learn that Indy is only a couple hours from where I am . . though she might not be in Indianapolis proper.

We've been calling since early this morning and have not yet gotten a reply.  Either she's unable to answer her phone or maybe she's having second thoughts about coming here.  

I would.  I did.  Still have 'em every day!

Posted

My dog is walking around with one eye closed because he poked it on a bush or something, so I've been making pirate jokes about him.  He knows I'm doing it and he's none too happy with me, which makes it even funnier, 'cause now he looks like a grouchy pirate, lol.  I just need to get him an eye patch and a hat with a feather, and maybe a parrot.

 

  • Like 1
  • Tongue 1
Posted
On 10/22/2018 at 1:34 PM, Hikari said:

Either she's unable to answer her phone or maybe she's having second thoughts about coming here.  

I would.  I did.  Still have 'em every day!

Where did you come there from?

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

My dog is walking around with one eye closed because he poked it on a bush or something

You probably know this already, but if that goes on more than a day or so, best get him to the vet.  An untreated infection could cost him the sight in that eye.

Posted

Thanks Carol!  Yes I know, I'm keeping an eye on it (pun not intended).  :smile:  It's mostly better already.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Oh yes definitely, and also a wooden peg leg.

 

Posted

My cat had kittens a long time ago, and one of them opened one eye and had one ear perked up over a week before the other eye opened. He looked like a little pirate. 

 

  • Like 4
Posted

We talk about weird phrases sometimes, here's one, has anyone in other countries heard the saying 'a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp'? 

  • Like 1
Posted
19 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

My cat had kittens a long time ago, and one of them opened one eye and had one ear perked up over a week before the other eye opened. He looked like a little pirate. 

 

You certainly have no idea how a pirate looks like, do you? :D

 

2a52f6e5762c0ba486e18e14576d9b0b.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Halloween decorations are so sparse this year.  :(  I guess it probably got too cold too soon for people.  I hope at least the Christmas decorations will be better...

 

Posted

Boy I wish I lived where you do....

I mean we don't do Hallowe'en quite like Americans.

But the shops are full of stuff and for Guy Fawkes night AND for Xmas!

I hate it all!

Posted
30 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Halloween decorations are so sparse this year.  :(  I guess it probably got too cold too soon for people.  I hope at least the Christmas decorations will be better...

Whereas we seem to have more than ever this year. Maybe because the weather finally turned decent. I get a kick out of them.

Posted

Our clocks went back last night, and even though it is only an hours difference it feels so late this evening, it's not even 9 but it feels more like 12. But then I feel really rough so perhaps that's something to do with it.

  • Like 1
Posted

I feel as though today has lasted for ever, it's been great!

Feel better soon, @Pseudonym.

Posted
6 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Our clocks went back last night, and even though it is only an hours difference it feels so late this evening, it's not even 9 but it feels more like 12.

That's what I dislike most about the clocks turning back.  It feels so much later, so much sooner.  Our clocks turn back next week, but even today, when 7pm hit it was feeling more like 11pm.

Hang in there, Pseud.

 

Posted

I saw an article the other day, saying that the EU is strongly considering dropping the whole daylight time idea, due to new studies showing that it messes with people's circadian rhythm even worse than had formerly been thought. Apparently several of its member nations have already stopped changing their clocks.

When the Indiana legislature voted in daylight time a few years ago, there was a good bit of public opposition, so they had a study done, to show people how much energy it saved.  Well, the study ended up showing that people actually use *more* electricity, etc., on daylight time.  Logically speaking, the legislature should have repealed daylight time -- but no, they apparently want to be like the other states.

Hopefully the EU will start a common-sense trend.

  • Like 1
Posted

Well, it is awkward to be an hour off from the rest of the country.

I wish we stayed on daylight savings year round. I love longer evenings.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I wish we stayed on daylight savings year round. I love longer evenings.

I take it you don't have to drive to work in the dark?

Posted

Monday. 

1edf3ff30cd237cefc26b1dbfbaa3a7c.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.