The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Different angle and spaced further apart, looks like that to me at least.

Gq6rkI6.jpg

• Like 2

I can't decide if that kitten is comforting his best friend, or just being an opportunist. :D 

• Like 3

Awww. I had a kitty that would do that. When she groomed, she was thorough! That even looks a little bit like her. I miss that cat, she was the sweetest being I've ever met.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

tumblr_p9dicrHsdt1qi0hv8o1_250.gif

But how the heck does the cat fit in there?  Don't they also need room for equipment and little green men?

Well, duh, it's like the Tardis … bigger on the inside than on the outside. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Tongue 1

I hear these in my dogs' "voices" (the voices I pretend they have, lol).

h394A3C8D

VERY-Funny-Pictures-003.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, Arcadia said:

Well, duh, it's like the Tardis … bigger on the inside than on the outside. 😉 

Something like Sherlock's mind palace then.

Capartment!! Capartment for rent!

I could make a fortune renting out this kind of property if these furries have money.

Screenshot-20181018-070637-2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Five seconds after that picture was taken, that capartment was in ruins as they all jumped out at once. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoil sport!

I'm trying to find a way to make money so I can quit my job.

Monday here.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ I can't face it.

Screenshot-20181125-052911.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I'm trying to find a way to make money so I can quit my job.

Let me know if you find something, I'll join you. I've been off all week and I dread going back to a life of schedules. Why can't I just work when I feel like it? Oh, right, I never feel like it.....

• Sad 2

Tell you what, I think we should consult the wise man.

There he is. Trust me, his advice is worthy.

Screenshot-20181108-070626.png

He said we should start with plumbing job, and have to unclog some sink.

Screenshot-20181126-165455.png

• Haha 1

That reminds me of Cats in Sinks. One of the greatest time-wasters ever invented, along with Kitten War.

Our tree is in an enclosed porch off the kitchen, where we can enjoy it through the windows, but it's not in our way, and the cats can't get at it.

We've never had a real problem with Christmas trees and cats.

1. We had a kitten who climbed our tree once, but she was small and did no harm, and didn't do it again.

2. Back when we had those silvery strands they called "icicles" on our tree, when the cats walked by the icicles would reach out to them (static charge) and occasionally one would fall to the floor. Or get stuck to a cat. (Glad those stopped being a thing! They were a mess to remove!)

3. One cat liked to bat at the low hanging ornaments. Never broke one.

4. Several of them liked to sleep under the tree. There they'd be, nestled up among the presents like, uh, a present.

5. They all loved to join us on Christmas morning and play with the discarded wrapping paper, or the empty boxes. Mostly, though, they just wanted to eat on schedule. :smile:

And that's it. So I've always wondered what's the big deal about cats and Christmas trees. Were our furries just particularly well-mannered, for some reason?

6 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Back when we had those silvery strands they called "icicles" on our tree,

Are you talking about tinsel?

6 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Were our furries just particularly well-mannered, for some reason?

My brother had two black cats that would regularly climb in and knock down his Christmas tree.  So, maybe...?

It's my impression that some people are more worried about the cats messing up the tree and/or the decorations, while others are more worried that the cats might eat something harmful, or injure themselves, or bite into a live electrical cord (we once came far too close to losing a cat by electrocution).

Do they still make tinsel?  The old foil kind was very fragile, so a cat could easily ruin it, but on the plus side I doubt it was likely to do any harm to the cat.  The subsequent mylar foil was (is?) far sturdier, and I have it from an eye-witness that it could go right through a cat unharmed.  If it did actually go completely through, then presumably no harm done, but any "linear foreign object" can sometimes act like a drawstring and kink up a cat's intestines, which can be fatal.

The old-fashioned eggshell-thin glass balls could both harm and be harmed -- a cat could easily smash them by batting them off the tree, and the broken pieces could then injure the cat.

Cats are famous for climbing up a tree much more easily than climbing back down.  A cat that's reached the top of a Christmas tree and is trying to figure out how to get back down could quite plausibly get tangled in garlands and/or launch itself off the top with sufficient force to tip the tree over.

I'm now thinking it would be cute to decorate a tree with nothing but cat toys....

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

Are you talking about tinsel?

To be honest, I'm not sure …. some people seem to use "tinsel" to only mean those shiny garlands, and my family always called what I'm thinking of "icicles." But I suspect you're thinking of the right thing.

3 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I'm now thinking it would be cute to decorate a tree with nothing but cat toys....

One of our local stores used to have theme trees, and one year she had one with nothing but cat ornaments. It was awesome. (She also had a dog tree, a teacup tree, a silver tree, etc. So much fun.)

I don't know why, but none of our cats ever got into any of the kind of trouble you describe. Lucky us. Lucky them! I did have one cat that tried to eat string and rubber bands, but I guess I always caught him in time … except that one time which I've mentioned somewhere around here before, and he survived unharmed. But it scared me.