Season 4 Moriarty Teaser

jesskayding

Hmm, well, not exactly.  That's what she tells John in "Sign of Three," but then in "Last Vow":

SHERLOCK: Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel.
MRS HUDSON: It was my husband’s cartel. I was just typing.
SHERLOCK: And exotic dancing.
MRS HUDSON: Sherlock Holmes, if you’ve been YouTube-ing ...

Sounds like a case of creeping involvement to me.  <_<

I never understood what exotic dancing had to do with running a drug cartel!

No connection, other than both activities are frowned on by American law (the drugs more than the dancing, admittedly), so the people involved might tend to know each other.

But if Mrs. Hudson was doing the typing for Frank's cartel, then she must have had some notion of what was going on (rather than being totally oblivious, as she had told John earlier).

This show needs a continuity editor! I volunteer Carol. :D

• Like 1

Oh, I think they know exactly what they're doing with Mrs. Hudson!  First ("Study in Pink") we learn that her husband was executed in Florida.  Then ("Sign of Three") we learn that he was running a drug cartel (and messing around with other women).  Most recently ("Last Vow") we learn that she was doing his typing (in addition to being an exotic dancer, AKA stripper).

It's not continuity errors, they're just letting the cat out of the bag one whisker at a time.

• Like 2

You have to ask yourself -who has the ability to put Moriarty on every tv screen in the country?

Mycroft, no doubt, but I'll be disappointed if it's him, unless it's for a stronger reason than bringing his brother home. Mycroft is a pillar of the British government. I can accept that he would use his influence to keep Sherlock out of prison, but would he set up something which would alarm his colleagues such as Lady Smallwood, creating a non-existent crisis to rescue Sherlock? He seems to be the perfect civil servant, wholly dedicated to his work. Would he jeopardise everything he had built up, by creating a fake threat for personal reasons? Seems improbable (though credibility doesn't seem to bother the writers!)

Jim himself could do it, as he seems to have almost magical abilities to do whatever he wants. On the other hand, we did see him blow his own brains out, so it might be difficult to explain how he survived.

Jim's identical twin.....A cliche, but possible.

I don't see how people such as Sally, Mrs H or Wiggins would have the skill or opportunity to interrupt the broadcasts. I would like it to be Anderson, in his new role as Sherlock's fan, but don't see how he could have done it.

I'm trying to distract myself with this puzzle today, as my elder daughter has just been to the US embassy in London and the family have been granted their visas . I'm glad for them to have such a great opportunity, but for myself and my husband there are many, many tears......Wisconsin is so far away. :(

• Like 2

Wiggins is an excellent chemist, though. Could've made a drug or something that can make a victim extremely suggestible, and then forced them to broadcast the Did-you-miss-me? thing.

I think it was Mycroft again or Moriarty's twin brother. Or "the other one", whoever it is.

I heard somewhere that "the other one's" name is thought to be Sherrinford or something.

My theory is that Sherrinford died early in life, but Mummy loved him so much she named Sherlock after him. Perhaps Mycroft felt partly responsible for the death because when Whatshisface calls Mycroft out for "familial sentiment", Mycroft says no and adds: "Remember what happened to the other one."

• Like 1

I thought Sherrinford was a name that ACD originally planned for Sherlock but, fortunately, changed his mind.

I'm trying to distract myself with this puzzle today, as my elder daughter has just been to the US embassy in London and the family have been granted their visas . I'm glad for them to have such a great opportunity, but for myself and my husband there are many, many tears......Wisconsin is so far away. :(

Aww. I know, some of my family just moved to Korea.   :cry:  Well, we both just have to use it as an excuse to visit!

You have to ask yourself -who has the ability to put Moriarty on every tv screen in the country?

Mycroft, no doubt, but I'll be disappointed if it's him, unless it's for a stronger reason than bringing his brother home. Mycroft is a pillar of the British government. I can accept that he would use his influence to keep Sherlock out of prison, but would he set up something which would alarm his colleagues such as Lady Smallwood, creating a non-existent crisis to rescue Sherlock? He seems to be the perfect civil servant, wholly dedicated to his work. Would he jeopardise everything he had built up, by creating a fake threat for personal reasons? Seems improbable (though credibility doesn't seem to bother the writers!)

Jim himself could do it, as he seems to have almost magical abilities to do whatever he wants. On the other hand, we did see him blow his own brains out, so it might be difficult to explain how he survived.

Jim's identical twin.....A cliche, but possible.

I don't see how people such as Sally, Mrs H or Wiggins would have the skill or opportunity to interrupt the broadcasts. I would like it to be Anderson, in his new role as Sherlock's fan, but don't see how he could have done it.

Oh, not Anderson alone... But he has a few contacts now, and maybe there are IT whizzes in The Empty Hearse? Just reaching here. I don't think it's him, I would just like that to be the solution.

I am afraid the twin looks horribly probable, because of the Moriarty brother with the identical name from canon. Unfortunately, I have an aversion to identical twins in fiction (yes, I know it's a very respectable tradition that goes all the way back to Shakespeare and beyond, but I still think it's abominably silly. And before anybody accuses me of twin discrimination: Of course I know some identical twins in real life and I love them.) I'd rather have Jim himself back than a brother, in spite of my almost equal aversion to fake deaths.

I do hope it's not Mycroft, just because I don't want Sherlock to owe him. Mycroft has more than his fair share of power already. If it's someone from the family, I vote for Mummy. Mummy is actually my second-favorite improbable guess after Anderson.

Another question is, why? Why broadcast that gif? What purpose does it serve? If it was only done to bring Sherlock back, then our options are a lot more limited than if it has some other purpose we don't know about.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think that Mycroft now owes Sherlock big time. CAM said that Mycroft had been trying to get something on CAM for awhile and apparently so hadn't Parliament. So Mary and John aren't the only ones who were safe. As for who might be behind the gif, Lady Smallwood might be a possible candidate.

• Like 1