Blue-ringed octopus! Great!

I was hoping there are more stories and analysis to it though. But nevermind.

It's the most plausible as the bite can be painless and kills in minutes.

Sea snake is capable as well, but snake bite would be easily identified.

Box jellyfish is another, but there will be recognisable wound.

Cone snail is another interesting one, there will be questionable amount of insulin found in the victim.
So, dangerous sea-creatures. Yes.
You are both right.

However, is it the only way?

It is not the only one. TTX can be introduced into the victim's bloodstream by the means if human-made instruments but it is sea creatures who will shoulder the blame.

True. TTX can be found not only from sea animal, which make it easier.

Okay, if we are moving to murder, how else can it be done?

Preferably linked to the descriptions.

The 'some light cuts' you mentioned, it can be from whatever used to deliver TTX.

Yes TTX and blue-ringed octopus is the first case I want to make.

It's great you give the option that TTX can be murder too.

So we close TTX case.

But now I'm looking for something else.

It's murder. How else it can be done?

Could the victim be asked to eat whatever cooked/raw sea creature and not be told that it is toxic so ingesting the poison and then the normal cuts were put in later to make it look like it happened accidentally while in the water?

Mix the poison with some sort of glue-like natural substance that dissolve in salt water in a few minutes. Coat the (small) instrument (preferably something that won't attract suspicion should it is washed back to the shore) with it, carry with safety covering until ready to be used.

Could the victim be asked to eat whatever cooked/raw sea creature and not be told that it is toxic so ingesting the poison and then the normal cuts were put in later to make it look like it happened accidentally while in the water?

Then it has to be very precise about the type of poison they use, timing and dosage.

I think TTX and many of other deadly poisons are reacting straightaway, at the very least the symptoms would show.

Mix the poison with some sort of glue-like natural substance that dissolve in salt water in a few minutes. Coat the (small) instrument (preferably something that won't attract suspicion should it is washed back to the shore) with it, carry with safety covering until ready to be used.

With that many equipments, it should be easy to smuggle poison (and most probably discard it to in the sea) without the trouble.

But both are good alternatives, I don't think I want to go holiday with you guys. :)

All poisons aside, other way?

>:D< But I want to go to the beach with you.

Her oxygen tank, fiddle with its content and or the container itself.

• Like 1

Or the poison could be introduced into the mask that temporarily floated off.

But both are good alternatives, I don't think I want to go holiday with you guys. :)

You should read back to one of the first few pages where some of us on here talk about murder at a wedding and how we would do it.

• Like 2

Her oxygen tank, fiddle with its content and or the container itself.

Yes indeed.

Technically tank is filled with compressed air, not pure oxygen.

Oxygen is used only for rescue or recovery, breathed on certain pressure underwater, it can become toxic.

So, what the husband could do?

Bear with me. It's long.

It is mentioned that there is a mask incident, one of the obvious signs about lack of training or experience.

(Mask is put on top of head instead of around the neck, knocked away easily by wave)

Compact cameras are not necessary the sign of amateur (although with balance probability it is, but it's not fair judgement), however, diver with camera tends to do prolong observation, staying still or concentrate on something. And, photographer tends to explore, if he/she is not ethical, there may be careless touching and interaction with wildlife, especially those that are well camouflaged (for poison scenario).

Camera is still excuse to not pay attention, assumption or supporting an alibi here.

Fiddling with the content of the container is possible, Carbon Monoxide, contamination etc. But, it will be easily detected because they are using tanks from the same source. Normally contamination is caused by careless maintenance, bad handling or age of the tank. So the probability of contamination only affects one diver is very small.

The container itself. Excellent.

There are easier and more complicated ways.

Easier, husband turns off her tank, holds her down until she lost consciousness and turns it on again.

He goes behind her back and holds her tank, he may/may not need to attach a hooked rope to a rock for him to hold, depends of both strengths, if the wife has good ability to fight they may be carried up to surface because of movement, or carried away where they would hit rock/coral and result in suspicious bruises. With attacker behind, unless she is very trained/experienced/seasoned, which she is not, even if she knows what he is doing, it would be very difficult to turn the situation around. Even in normal situation it's not easy to turn on your own tank. What she does is probably flailing to try to get to him or her tank before lost consciousness.

More complicated way is to stage equipment failure.

The waterproof of a scuba tank relies on small rubber O-ring at the head of the tank. It's not unusual this ring burst, although it occurs on the land more during the fixing. However, it's not really rare either that it bursts underwater. When it happens, the tank will go free flow and the air will deplete at very drastic rate.

O-ring burst, excessive leaking will create bubbles. Bubbles seen from the surface could be from the movement of the school of fish as well, to cover his story. Underwater, when things go wrong, they get wrong very fast. So this could happen within minutes while he was busy taking picture. Diver with burst O-ring would likely aware and successfully surfaces, however, he could create a more complicated scenario, for example, wedge one of the wife's equipment between rocks or corals as if she got stuck. With many dangling equipments, more often than not, never tucked in properly, accident happen.

There... Well done.

• Like 1

Or the poison could be introduced into the mask that temporarily floated off.

You should read back to one of the first few pages where some of us on here talk about murder at a wedding and how we would do it.

I did. That one I'm not worried. I don't attend wedding unless I really really really have to.

Some of the wedding methods could apply at any place that requires social interaction of any kind.

> :D< But I want to go to the beach with you.

Do you want to go scubadiving with me? :D

Some of the wedding methods could apply at any place that requires social interaction of any kind.

I still be quite safe then. :)

Sherlock breaks into a crime scene. The victim is the owner who is slumped dead on a chair and have a bullet hole in his head. A gun lies on the floor and a cassette recorder is found on the table. On pressing the play button, Sherlock hears the message 'I have committed sins in my life and now I offer my soul to the great lord....following a gunshot.

Sherlock smiles Of-course its a murder.

Why did he think so?

I still be quite safe then. :)

Social interaction happens some at work or are you in a locked room by yourself with absolutely no face-to-face contact?  Granted that is limited but still plausible barring being absolutely alone (the one time when being alone would protect someone).

> :D< But I want to go to the beach with you.

Do you want to go scubadiving with me? :D

Sure. Wait, I need to name you as the inheritor of my belongings (which consists of miles long debts). :D

• Like 2

Sherlock breaks into a crime scene. The victim is the owner who is slumped dead on a chair and have a bullet hole in his head. A gun lies on the floor and a cassette recorder is found on the table. On pressing the play button, Sherlock hears the message 'I have committed sins in my life and now I offer my soul to the great lord....following a gunshot.

Why did he think so?

The voice on the recorder is a woman's.

Or ... the victim is a mute.

Social interaction happens some at work or are you in a locked room by yourself with absolutely no face-to-face contact?  Granted that is limited but still plausible barring being absolutely alone (the one time when being alone would protect someone).

Yup being immortal and all which I embrace. I guess if I'm a target they could always use something to lure me instead of waiting for me anyway.

And alone doesn't really protect me, I do a lot of stupid things by myself too. :p

Sure. Wait, I need to name you as the inheritor of my belongings (which consists of miles long debts). :D

Oh dear.. then I have to keep you safe! *grumble*

:lol:

Why did he think so?

My garden is a mess so I have five guesses.

1. Because the recording stop after the gunshot? The victim couldn't stop it himself.

2. The position of the body doesn't match. Blood splatter, bullet wound, impact of proximity of shooting.

3. There is no evidence whatsoever that the victim is religious.

4. There are unfinished businesses; half-eaten meal, cooking in process, Sherlock episode on screen.. :P

5. There is a very guilty looking man/woman inside the room when Sherlock breaks in.  :lol:

• Like 2

The gunshot wound is on the side of the head opposite the man's dominant hand. And the ballistics doesn't match the gun on the floor.

Van Buren Supernova you are right. How can a dead person rewind back the tape himself ?

ok another one for you all

British Police inspects a room where there is no windows,no doors,no tables and is almost empty expect there is just a puddle of water. They found a dead women who obviously hung herself from the ceiling, but they are not able to figure out how this had happen.

Sherlock and John Watson entered the crime scene and easily able to solve the case.

How did the women die ?

Wait ... if there are no doors or windows, how did the police get in? Or the victim, for that matter? :p

Ummmm ... the room was full of water when the woman attached the rope to the ceiling. Then as the water drained out, she was left hanging there. The puddle of water is all that is left. (Ewwww, sounds like a horrible way to die.... )

Sherlock and John were able to solve the case because they found the drain where the water ran out, and the police didn't.

1. Suicide. She was standing on a block of ice.

2. Right. No windows, no doors? Maybe this is a bunker/manhole with opening on the ceiling where the rope isattached. Killers opened the bunker/manhole, lowered the body of the victim that had been attached to the rope, then closed it. It was raining, hence the puddle of water.

I have very sensitive nose, hate to imagine the smell of that room.

If she was standing on a block of ice for her suicide she must have been one patient woman :lol:. I would probably have climbed down again because my knees were aching before enough ice had melted for the rope to even begin to go taut.