Male, mid 20's average height, build weight.  mostly non-descript for looks, is from the East End.  Make it look obvious without being obvious to how you would do it. And you get to pick the location where it was done and/or where he was found.

Sorry, London. (It's the only city I know, & have been to, where there is reference to the East End.)

That's interesting, isn't it?  Most cities I'm aware of have an east side, but London has an east end (and a west end too, where the best theaters apparently are).  Maybe it's because the river flows basically from west to east -- which does of course account for the south bank.

The safest way to quote anyone (including yourself) is to use a quote box.  That will automatically keep everything "normal" no matter which theme anyone's viewing your post with.

I wasn't trying to do a quote just copy & edit, but I'll keep that in mind.

OK, so you just did a copy-and-paste?  I've never noticed a problem with that, but then I use the IP.Board skin, which has a white background, so maybe I just never noticed.  Let's see what happens:

The safest way to quote anyone (including yourself) is to use a quote box.  That will automatically keep everything "normal" no matter which theme anyone's viewing your post with.

... which is of course copied directly from my prior post.  Now I'll post this and then switch to the Deviant skin.

It was more or less a copy and paste and then edited what I wanted not realizing what would happen.

Male, mid 20's average height, build, weight.  mostly nondescript for looks, is from the East End, London.  Make it look obvious without being obvious to how you would do it.  And you get to pick the location where it was done and/or where he was found.

It was more or less a copy and paste and then edited what I wanted not realizing what would happen.

As far as I know, that really should have worked just fine for you.  But you're not the only one who seems to have the problem, so I'd really like to figure out what the circumstances are.  Maybe there's a software bug that Tim could fix, or at least I could tell people how to work around it.

"Unfortunately," my attempt to replicate the problem seems to have failed so far.  Hmm, let me try doing a copy-and-paste while I'm still using Deviant:

OK, I'll post this, see how it looks, then switch back to IP.Board.

Added:  *sigh*  Still disgustingly normal!

SherlockedCAMPer, what skin/theme and browser are you using?

Default Skin/theme & Chrome

OK, thanks.  I'm not sure which skin is the default, so could you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Change Theme" -- you'll get a menu -- which theme has the check-mark?  (Then just click elsewhere to dismiss the menu.)

Deviant 3

• Like 1

Male, mid 20's average height, build, weight.  mostly nondescript for looks, is from the East End, London.  Make it look obvious without being obvious to how you would do it.  And you get to pick the location where it was done and/or where he was found.

I need to think on this one. Hmmm. :sherlock:

• Like 1

Strangulation. I'd throw a rope 'round his neck and jump on his back, twisting the rope so it tightens and he can't yell or anything. It'll take at least three minutes (Survival is based on three: Three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.) but I can hang on to things really tightly. :)

• Like 1

He won't stay conscious for three minutes if you tighten a thin rope round his neck and manage to cut off blood flow in his carotid arteries. Not even one if done correctly, I'd guess. But the strangulation marks would be tale-telling. Or so watching assorted procedurals over my husband's shoulder has taught me :D.

Strangulation. I'd throw a rope 'round his neck and jump on his back, twisting the rope so it tightens and he can't yell or anything. It'll take at least three minutes (Survival is based on three: Three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.) but I can hang on to things really tightly. :)

OK so we have the death part that looks obvious.  So where is it done and/or where would he be found and how would the cause of death not be obvious?

Being from the east end of London I would take a leaf out of the Kray twins book and find myself a building site and concrete the body into the ground XD. So going from that it could take place on a building site?

• Like 3

This thread just keeps gettin' scarier and scarier. :P

• Like 2

Is that any surprise?  Just reading the tags for this thread about explains it all.   :lol::D

• Like 1

*innocent face*

I'm not really a gangster, I promise XD

• Like 1

I just saw the perfect iPhone game for this thread. It's called Bio Inc & the point apparently is to make up illnesses to kill healthy patients as quickly as possible.

The perfect way to disguise a murder (or make people think there was one)...Crows (thanks to Being Sherlocked's 221B Admin on FB for the brilliant idea with their latest sketch)

Care to elaborate?  :huh:

Crows as scavengers?

You could bury the body a few feet below a dead dog's, so when the police dig it up the dog they'll just think it was a false positive.

Easy a group of crows (and a few other types of birds) is called a murder instead of a flock.