Benedict Cumberbatch as "Doctor Strange"

sfmpco

Hm... rubbing chin..

*Comtemplating buying panda costume for office use, anytime I feel like thrashing someone's table.*

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I really don't know what to think about it... The comic costume looks ridiculous if you ask me...

I agree, I'm so nervous about this one. Especially after what I've seen about the new Fantastic Four movie, which looks ... awful.

Still, the X-men's comic book costumes would've looked silly in real life, but they sensibly came up with something cool. So there's hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Good heavens, they're just now getting around to casting people? I thought that thing was supposed to start filming soon!

... or sometimes even during filming -- e.g., Viggo Mortensen being cast as Aragorn after another actor had played the role for the first few days of filming.  Similar thing with the role of Khan in the recent Trek film -- the part was recast about two weeks before filming was to begin, which is how Benedict Cumberbatch came to be Khan.

• Like 1

And how great that BC was available!  Just watched STID a few nights ago...don't know how many times I've seen it.  I love it for BC but I love it all around too.

• Like 2

Some things are just meant to happen. :)

Actually, we can be grateful to Viggo's son for Aragorn, because Viggo didn't know LOTR and - if I remember right (starting to delete things, you know) - wasn't interested. His son convinced him to take the part, and he was on the plane like the next day, reading Tolkien on the flight. The "other actor" BTW, was Stuart Townsend.

But I digress, sorry.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This article says Dr. Strange will be released Oct. 26, 2016, but I've heard Marvel say that it would be Nov. 4, 2016.  So somewhere in that range.  

http://thechive.com/2015/10/31/disney-just-announced-all-of-its-movies-for-the-next-4-years-32-hq-photos/#.lulxnlr:4Dz2

However, I've also heard that BC starts filming on Nov. 4 - just 2 days away, so maybe there's some confusion about the Nov. 4 thing.  Then again, I heard a rumor he doesn't start filming for six weeks.  I give up!

The 2 dates could be the difference between a US release date and a UK/rest of the world release date much as that is the case with SPECTRE that released last week in the UK and comes out Friday here in the US.

I've ... heard that BC starts filming on Nov. 4 - just 2 days away, ....  Then again, I heard a rumor he doesn't start filming for six weeks.

What I'd love to know is, when is he due to finish filming the movie?  That would give us a hard data point for the still-open question of when Series 4 filming could begin.

But is S4 filming beginning in April?  Or is it February?  (Depends on which recent statement one chooses to believe.)  That's why I'm curious about the end of Dr. Strange filming.

I'm leaning towards April simply because then I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be February. :smile:

• Like 1

Well, apparently we have a first photo of filming in Nepal. A bit blurry and unofficial, dunno if it's credible...

https://twitter.com/Anythingbatch/status/661953973478432768

ETA: I so not wait for this one... To me it feels like a hurdle on the way to S4.

Ben's schedule is just crazy. I mean - NEPAL! in OCTOBER! while there is still black confetti sticking to Barbican's carpets. shakehead.gif

• Like 2

Don't give up on it yet, JP ... back in the day, Dr. Strange was one of the best comic books going, so there's lots of material to make a really great story. I agree, however, that the potential for disaster is rather high ... but at least we know they've hired a good actor or two. :smile: