Let's Play Deductions!

Is it in Singapore

Yep. It is. Well done. A combination of street race (therefore there are fences, erected just for the event) and night race.

Credit for Arcadia for the keyword, well done Camper for solving all.

Your turn.

Yep! Which reminds me that I loathe, abhor, detest Bernie Ecclestone's decision to hold night-time F1 races just because it suited the TV sponsors! In my pet abominations, Mr Ecclestone is orders of magnitude higher than Mr Moffat's high-handedness! At least the latter hasn't put any lives in danger yet!

@Van Buren: never said that Indonesia was part of the British Empire.

Here's the next one:

post-1617-0-92607100-1444493160_thumb.jpg

Guess how old I am (and for fun the age of the 4 guys as well if you want an added challenge).

• Like 1

Yes Arcadia you are correct on my age.

As for the guys they are (from the left): 30, 37, 34, & 33 but almost 34.

And if you're curious, I am indeed wearing a sweatshirt with shorts in the middle of July in Minnesota. I don't remember the temperature being that cold either.

• Like 1

Yep! Which reminds me that I loathe, abhor, detest Bernie Ecclestone's decision to hold night-time F1 races just because it suited the TV sponsors! In my pet abominations, Mr Ecclestone is orders of magnitude higher than Mr Moffat's high-handedness! At least the latter hasn't put any lives in danger yet!

@Van Buren: never said that Indonesia was part of the British Empire.

Sorry I think I misread your sentence, that is what happens when trying to multi task while doing something else.

For the night race, well, the picture is not mine, I grabbed from internet because didn't have time to search through my archive. I think you would appreciate night race in Singapore because the weather is very humid. It's sweaty sticky and if you wore any leather like type of clothing, you have to literally peel it off your skin. The racers were all soaked in sweat. It's normal there. We felt very tired just by walking around or sat still everyday for the three-days race. Beside weather, of course the noise and the people were exhausting.

@Camper picture..whoa! I would have guessed 13! And it doesn't look like your avatar.

• Like 1

My hair was really short then and I didn't have glasses yet, got those 8 months later.

• Like 1

Man, I think coming up with a picture to deduce is harder than the deducing...! :smile:

Here's the next one. What is he doing, and why?
0W35QUG.jpg?1

• Like 1

I'd say he's holding up a baby shower gift because he's going to be or is a dad and the shower was co-ed.

• Like 1

Well done Camper.

{I am not familiar with baby shower tradition (why 'shower'?)

And from what i see on TV (so you know how reliable my knowledge is XD), I never see the dad attending baby shower. In fact, it's always all women. Curious curious..!}

A newer tradition is to include the guys in the shower and I think the term might come from a play on words. In the English language (at least in the US) we shower people with gifts, kindness, etc. Since this is baby themed, it's called a baby shower.

• Like 1

Can you guess (remember) where this photo was published?

benedictcumberbatch.jpg

Really have no idea. I actually hardly follow up any celeb's stories.

He looks younger in the picture, maybe something like 5 years ago?

It's actually a little more recent than that.

Could this be around Khan time? He looks like him. (Hahaha I know. No shit Sherlock)

Somewhere that year, but now to answer the where as in the publication it appeared in?

It looks a bit arty farty, as in not the tabloid kind or something similar. However, too bad I have never seen any of his publication, what are those about/how they look like.

The only two I have officially heard about is Entertainment Weekly (sorry if I'm wrong!! I don't have proper Mind Palace) and infamous one from Time.

So, refer to my first point, is it Time?

Yes it is Time. Your turn.

Oh the hair throw me off, I thought for Time he would choose sleek style.

Here is next one:

i5963d.jpg

f50hf4.jpg

1. What is their job?

2. Where is their work place (country/place)

Dowsing / water source searching. Looking at the features, either in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore.