Guess it's time to learn The Truth About Tribbles :).

OK, but why do you consider the movie tribble to be a reference to that loose adaptation of "The Trouble With Tribbles," rather than to the original-series episode itself?  The only (somewhat tenuous) connection I can see (from part 2 of your link) is "McCoy has been unable to resurrect the dead tribble they still have."

Well the comic itself is a reference to The Trouble with Tribbles, so in a way this has come full circle. But yeah, dead tribble in McCoy's sickbay in the comic, dead tribble in McCoy's sickbay in the film, I do suspect that this just might not be coincidence :).

There were quite a number of dead tribbles in the original episode, actually.  And I'm relatively certain that McCoy took one or more of them into his lab to find out what had killed them.

Of course, if the movie script was written by a bunch of trekkie-come-latelies, then they may well have gotten the idea from the comic book.  :P

:lol5: "trekkie-come-lately"

Actually, the current tribble trouble goes back to the first rebooted movie. Scotty had a pet tribble on Delta Vega:

FCO4SGa.jpg

This tribble then becomes the tribble in the comic that he and Chekov use for their transwarp experiment to get Archer's beagle back, and the fact that Scotty had a single tribble (and it stayed that way) on Delta Vega in the StarTrek movie makes them realize the solution to the comics' tribble trouble. The died-of-old-age tribble of the comic then becomes the one McCoy experiments on in the second film.

Okay, enough quibbles about tribbles :). This page has even more easter eggs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Martina -- that all makes perfect sense now.  Dead tribbles are a credit a dozen, but senile nulliparous tribbles, not so much!

And how come we don't have a tribble emoticon here?

Added:  Thanks also for that link -- the comments there are even more fun than the article itself!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently a STID trading game card came out recently, and it has shots from alternate angles.

DuiMo5G.jpg

Find more of them here and here.

• Like 1

Collection of alternate/deleted scenes of STID on YouTube. Mostly about Kirk making a mess of things.

And here's Khan pacing:

• Like 1

The lovely BotanyCameos has kept her promise and made HD scans of the new trading cards, find them here (mostly Khan and Kirk -centric, but who's complaining :smile:).

imAafEp.jpg

• Like 1

Not exactly Star Trek, but I didn't know where else to put it - GQ Style did a photoshoot with Benedict Cumberbatch and Alice Eve.

Pity we don't have any Khan / Carol Marcus - shippers round here (that I know of, at least), they'd love this :smile:.

113608_original.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is it me, or is Benedict so dang sexy in that holding cell?! :wub:

• Like 1

I seriously doubt it is just you! :smile:

Peb7dE8.jpg

• Like 2

I seriously doubt it is just you! :smile:

Peb7dE8.jpg

Hubba! :wub:
  • Like 1

That's a nicely evocative way to put it :D.

Saw this the other day; granted, it's from the first film, but I did wonder about that apple:

dubZg9j.gif

9bePMiG.gif

hUe4eO1.gif

• Like 1

Oh, they're GIF's -- no wonder they're taking so long to load.  Anyhow, cute!

They're from the original series, one of the original-cast movies, and (as you said) the first reboot movie.

Impromptu quiz:  Which episode is the first sequence from?  Which movie is the second one from?  And which scene is the third one from?  (I can narrow down the first one and give a tentative answer to the second.  But there's no doubt in my mind about the third one!)

No idea about the first one, sorry :unsure:. Two and three are easy, I think:

the Kobayashi Maru scenes. Kirk telling Saavik how he beat the test and Kirk doing just that, respectively.

Oh, even cuter -- there's a theme (other than the apple)!  You're right about the third one, of course, but it's been a while since I saw any of the original-cast movies.  So all I can say is, if you're right, then I was wrong about which movie.

And all I can say about the first one (aside from it cannot have that same non-apple theme) is...

... it's apparently from a second or third season episode, because I don't believe Kirk wore that green uniform during the first season.  Added: Well, not very often anyhow.

I'm fairly certain the first one is from a season 2 episode called, believe it or not, "The Apple." And the other two, I agree, Kobayashi Maru.

• Like 1