Favourite "Sherlock" Pictures, etc.

Ruthyone

Oooh, black and white is fantastic. That is art. Hmmm... one of these days, I will break my "no posters of people on them" house rule and put up a few Sherlock things.

Well, if you guys don't mind, I've got plenty more. Found an online treasure chest and am having a blast with good music on my headphones, chocolate in my mouth and the world wide web. If I do have to work until midnight, at least relaxing afterwards is all the nicer...

Here's another one of those Baker St pics where the light comes in through the windows and I wish I could paint stuff like that...

Sherlock_S02E01_1080p_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_NE

Oh, and here's my favorite shot of Mrs Hudson:

Sherlock_S02E01_1080p_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_NE

• Like 2

I do so like the color scale in The Great Game. It's all very muted and dark and grey... Appeals to me more than the brightness of A Scandal in Belgravia, or The Sign of Three.

I always thought of the bright colors in ASiB and TSoT as sort of the 'calm before the storm', meaning TRF and HLV respectively.

• Like 1

I will not capslock about this gif because that is not proper forum behavior but oh my god he's so pretty

3bed53c803ebd21c57c920765fd88c09.jpg

• Like 3

I'm sad today, let's look at pictures...

Here's a good start:

Sherlock_S03E01_1080p_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_NE

I can't say I really like the mustache, but it makes John really, really look like Watson. I so wish they'd have dressed the actors up in period clothing as the original characters while it was still on him, and taken a few pictures. I'd use them as alternative illustrations for my Complete Sherlock Holmes...

And this one would be the corresponding image of Mr Holmes:

Sherlock_S03E01_1080p_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_NE

Come to think of it, these two are really kind of timeless looking. And I really hate the "official" illustrations. And it's my own goddamn book, I can do what I like with it. Hmmm... printer, scissors, glue...

• Like 2

I found another gif of Sherlock that I watched for about 1249876538 loops before sharing it with you guys.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11944-1378321940-2.

• Like 4

I found another gif of Sherlock that I watched for about 1249876538 loops before sharing it with you guys.

This was the first episode I ever saw. I watched it because Martin Freeman was in it. I'm pretty sure right about here is when I started screaming "Who IS this guy?!?!?!!"

I will not capslock about this gif because that is not proper forum behavior but oh my god he's so pretty

One is allowed to use all-caps for emphasis, as long as it's only OCCASIONALLY.  ;)

(And just a word or few at a time.)

Oh, but just one more. Because this is one of my favorite shots. It's very artistic, isn't it? Could be a painting...

Sherlock_S01E03_The_Great_Game_720p_BluR

I do so like the color scale in The Great Game. It's all very muted and dark and grey... Appeals to me more than the brightness of A Scandal in Belgravia, or The Sign of Three. Those are great episodes, but I always feel that the world is "wrong" with all those brilliant hues. I feel a kind of relief when they both turn dark, visually speaking, at the end.

There is something more earthy and grounded in the color scale for The Great Game. Suits the episode well. Wish I had more appreciation for the visual effects, though. I mean, I love them, but I don't always notice them, even after rewatching the episodes again and again.

Speaking of black-and-white:

tumblr_mxnkyqZWqX1rpsijho2_500.jpg

Sherlock and his violin always make a great duo.

And I just love this:

90346-sherlock-season-3-teaser-to-follow

• Like 5

Aw, all of a sudden I feel bad for John. And Martin Freeman. I know we focus too much on the taller guy. So here is one of my favorite takes of John:

tumblr_inline_mhb668Lymk1qz4rgp.gif

Downright adorable! Makes me melt. And smile!

• Like 4

161110.jpg

"Benedict’s hypnotic eyes are the result of heterochromia, which causes unique colour variations in each eye." (source)

• Like 3

Yeah... That's pretty hot!! Which episode was this?