Easy a group of crows (and a few other types of birds) is called a murder instead of a flock.

rofl-skype-smiley.gif

• 1 month later...

Male, mid 20's average height, build, weight.  mostly nondescript for looks, is from the East End, London.  Make it look obvious without being obvious to how you would do it.  And you get to pick the location where it was done and/or where he was found.

I'd poison him with the thing Moriaty used in the great game, I'd chuck water over him with it in so he'd think it was an accident, later he'd die and I wouldn't get the blame :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There was a murder in a park.  The only clue is a group of ravens.  (to quote Moriarty: "Well, good luck with that.")

Interesting theory. There's the possibility of more clues if that's the case. Keep trying.

A flock of crows is a murder! XD April fool'd me for a sec there.

True... [but technically I'm talking about ravens (same difference I realize when it gets down to terminology of a group) ;)]  Good job Bendy.

• 8 months later...

(I'm reviving this thread at least momentarily)

Victim found in a building (doesn't really matter the type), toxicology comes back clean. The only clue is an empty jug.

Murder by Carbon-dioxide poisoning.

The room is enclosed. I put an excessive amount of dry ice into the jug and put it at close proximity when he is asleep.

It's odorless and untraceable when it dissolves into gas form, replacing oxygen in the room.

Victim would appear as if they died in the sleep.

(I hope I play correctly)

You play correctly.  However, would the police probably figure that the victim died of suffocation/asphyxiation and figure out something was up with the room pretty quickly when they entered to begin with?

It wouldn't be easily detected because when someone enters the room/open the door, normal air will replace the CO2 and eliminate the murder weapon.

Asphyxiation will be suspected but where is the weapon and the trace of murderer? At the very least, it needs a pillow on top of the victim's face. Depends on the detail of the test, some trace of Carbon dioxide in the blood is normal.

Another fun weapon would be distilled water (hence the jug). Inject into the carotid and it is also untraceable.  Also the body would smell faster thus alerting police to the fact that there is a body.  The CO2 room would preserve the body longer do to lack of O2 inhibiting decay.

Depends on when the victim was found, how long since the time of death. In the outside glance only, CO2 will cause rapid cooling of the corpse but if the victim was found late enough, an autopsy would be necessary to narrow down the cause of death.

A hypodermic needle always leave a distinct puncture wound behind if the skin cannot heal properly first, especially if death come almost immediately.

Murder by pressing on the victim's baroreceptors known as the carotid sinus bodies. Victim become unconscious in seconds because of vasodilation in the brain. On the same time, cardiac arrest happen because of the signal through the vagus nerve to slow the rate and strength of heartbeat.

• Like 1

How about a hypodermic from inside the oral cavity?

At any rate anyone else can post the next one if they want.  We do have about 3 months until Setlock and 1+ years until the next episode airs.

From the oral cavity would be harder to detect but then come another question, how to make it possible outside the dental office?

Same place John found Sherlock in HLV would work.

the den/house where John found Sherlock & Isaac.

Then the toxicology result would not be clean, else what he did in a drugs den?

I have an idea in my head and I can't kill it.

But please continue with what you two have now and come only when you are done.

I just want to post it now otherwise I will keep sneaking back while I shouldn't.

Let me try to make a case here.

A couple holidaying in remote tropical country, went scuba diving and something happened.

According to the cottage keeper, the couple dive on their own. Around 35 minutes after entering the water, they surfaced with the husband towing the wife, dead. It’s a shore dive in the morning with good sunny weather. Both of them carried compact camera. They spent sometimes on the surface because one of their masks was carried away by the surface wave to be recovered. From the surface the keeper noticed a lot of water movement second half of their dive when there were underwater.

The husband admits that he was distracted with a school of silvery fish and was trying to take picture. There was light current but manageable, he looked back to check on his wife a couple of times and found her observing something else, after a while when he tried to communicate with her about the direction they were going, she was not responsive.

Checks on her body reveals no serious injuries, some light cuts which are common, with no significant discolorations.

The site is so remote away that access to medical lab is not available.

Put you coat on. The game is afoot.

@ Shadow drugs don't necessarily have to be present at the moment or even in the room of the victim. Meth clears the system in 3 days so I found out from my cousin.

@ Van Buren could she have had a run in with some poisonous sea creature/plant that causes no significant discoloration or maybe she accidentally inhaled the water after the mask was put back on because something was done done right.

Do you remember about the hair test that was done to Napoleon Bonaparte's? How long it is after his death but still show the traces of poison which also point to approximately how long he consumed it before it become fatal? Besides, the metabolism of drugs between in a living person and a corpse is different and the result can point to approximate time when the drug first enter the system, whether he is a regular user or new and when the one process might stop and a different one starts.