Episode 2.2 ,"The Hounds Of Baskerville"

Undead Medic

What Did You Think Of "The Hounds Of Baskerville?"  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Add your vote here:

• 10/10 Excellent.
    • 9/10 Not Quite The Best, But Not Far Off.
    • 8/10 Certainly Worth Watching Again.
    • 7/10 Slightly Above The Norm.
    • 6/10 Average.
    • 5/10 Slightly Sub-Par.
    • 4/10 Decidedly Below Average.
    • 3/10 Pretty Poor.
    • 2/10 Bad.
    • 1/10 Terrible.

There's a worse idea than dating the boss: it's dating the employee, so...here in the episode, Lestrade doesn't really deny having been sent by Big Brother so as to look after Sherlock. Another reason seems pure imagination for me.

Well, sure, it's pure imagination.  Pure Imagination is what keeps the Sherlock fandom rolling along.  :)

A number of the Mystrade videos are very clever and well-put together and you could say on one level I ship it.  I would love for 'Iceman' to find someone to warm up his chilly life.  But nobody strikes me as more heterosexual than our DI Lestrade, so on that level, the pairing really doesn't work.  If it turned out that Lestrade was gay and Mycroft was in the market for a boyfriend, even though it would mean interaction with 'People/a Person' . . they'd be a cute couple.  What would really make the Mystrade fandom happy is a double wedding, Jane Austen-style . .  John & Sherlock/Mycroft & Greg.  Awww . .

I really would choose Molly for Greg.  There seems to be no room for doubt that he appreciates her assets.  But the way that Rupert's voice hitches a little bit on the line, "I don't just do what your . . .brother tells me," is an interesting line reading.  Hinting at some sort of subtext there.  Rather than romantic fixation, I'd think it more likely that Inspector Lestrade, the commander of the homicide division, does not like being told what to do and where to go by Mycroft Holmes. 

• Like 2

I agree with your reading of the line. I love subtext. Anyway, I've watched the vidéo -thanks both, Hikari and Carol. True it's really funny and cute,as Mycroft and Greg could be together. But I absolutely don't believe in John and Sherlock being a couple, for 2 reasons: the first one is that Moffat has eliminated the assumption -which wasn't done, as far as I know, for Mycroft and Greg. The second one is that the show is much about the two sides of the specific affection that brotherhood is, and how Sherlock lives it: the one given by family -Mycroft-, the one brought by his own choices -John. And that's why to my mind romantism and desire are irrelevant here.

• Like 3

Well, shoot--I do not have good luck with these  ...... 

And this one's not available!  Dang it!

Hikari, I fixed the links to those videos, you should be able to see both now.

Generally, the best way to post a video is simply copy the url off whatever site it's on, and paste it here, and let the forum software do the rest. If you run into a snag, though, don't be shy about asking for help.

There's a very small snip of Greg standing in Mycroft's office during HLV, you can see it in the first of Hikari's videos. Hardly enough to base a ship on, imo, but hey. :smile:

• Like 1

And they both supervised Sherlock digging for the Bride's coffin. But it was in Sherlock's head.

So maybe it's Sherlock who ships it.

scare.gif

Bwahahaha! I bet he pretends to, just to annoy his brother. :-P

• Like 3

I was just thinking about the whole 'not good?' thing, which I always like, but it strikes me as a bit odd that Sherlock actually cares enough to ask. In ASIP he seems a bit startled that everyone is appalled by what he just said, so I suppose when he asks John it could just be out of confusion. But when he asks here, after twirling about in joy, he actually seems a bit concerned he might have just said something bad. 

I thought if I said something, and someone told me it was 'not good' I would probably just shrug and pretend I didn't care (though I'd think about it later and try to decide if thought it was bad). Sherlock actually looks genuinely concerned though. Do you think it's because he genuinely doesn't want to upset people, but just can't help it? Aside from those he provokes deliberately, obviously.  

Generally, the best way to post a video is simply copy the url off whatever site it's on, and paste it here, and let the forum software do the rest. If you run into a snag, though, don't be shy about asking for help.

There's a very small snip of Greg standing in Mycroft's office during HLV, you can see it in the first of Hikari's videos. Hardly enough to base a ship on, imo, but hey. :smile:

Thanks, Arcadia,

I run into quite a few vids from YouTube that say 'unavailable' but I assume that's due to this site being on an international platform.

In regards to my cut-n-paste issues, in civilian life (off this board) I cut and paste with abandon.  But for whatever reason I cannot get that function to work here.  As I explained to Carol before, I do not have the most recent version of Windows and that may have something to do with it.  Whenever I try here, nothing, just blackness.  So when I really want to post a link I end up typing it by hand and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  The one entitled 'Holmes Boys' posted beautifully but I usually don't have that kind of success.

I could see the two videos. Thanks everyone! There are many "mystraders", in fact. They focus much on this "...brother", and also on the moment when Mycroft and Greg deal with how to find baby brother, in HLV.

I was just thinking about the whole 'not good?' thing, which I always like, but it strikes me as a bit odd that Sherlock actually cares enough to ask. In ASIP he seems a bit startled that everyone is appalled by what he just said, so I suppose when he asks John it could just be out of confusion. But when he asks here, after twirling about in joy, he actually seems a bit concerned he might have just said something bad. 

I thought if I said something, and someone told me it was 'not good' I would probably just shrug and pretend I didn't care (though I'd think about it later and try to decide if thought it was bad). Sherlock actually looks genuinely concerned though. Do you think it's because he genuinely doesn't want to upset people, but just can't help it? Aside from those he provokes deliberately, obviously.

In all honesty ... I think it's just to get a laugh. :unsure: But if you'd like an in-universe explanation, uh .... how about, the first time, in ASIP, it's because John's the first person who's seemed remotely interested in being helpful, and Sherlock's genuinely surprised that what he's said seems to upset people, so he asks John, who looks as if he would understand "ordinary" people, if he's done something wrong. And John IS helpful and answers without snark.

Then by the time Hounds rolls around, he's just enjoying the situation so much that he kind of forgets himself, and blurts out this insensitive remark, and John calls him on it, and for a minute there Sherlock's confused, because he's not thinking about anyone else, he's just having a good time. And by now I imagine asking John "Not good?" has become a bit of a routine, so he sort of automatically does.

How's that? :smile:

Thanks, Arcadia,

I run into quite a few vids from YouTube that say 'unavailable' but I assume that's due to this site being on an international platform.

In regards to my cut-n-paste issues, in civilian life (off this board) I cut and paste with abandon.  But for whatever reason I cannot get that function to work here.  As I explained to Carol before, I do not have the most recent version of Windows and that may have something to do with it.  Whenever I try here, nothing, just blackness.  So when I really want to post a link I end up typing it by hand and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  The one entitled 'Holmes Boys' posted beautifully but I usually don't have that kind of success.

Aha. Before I started using Window's new browser, Edge, I was having cut 'n' paste problems (on the forum) too. So that may indeed be the issue. I'm trying to remember how I worked around it ... I think maybe I had to switch to Firefox every time I wanted to link to a video. Grrrrrrrr. It was a pain, I remember that. And I didn't like using Firefox all the time, because it has it's own issues with the forum software, especially in plain text mode. And Chrome hates my laptop.

For what it's worth, Win 10 took some getting used to (and the Edge took even longer), but once I did, I can see that it's definitely an improvement over everything else they came out with after XP. (I loved XP...) But I admit it was a fairly steep learning curve compared to other upgrades. It's very stable, though, at least on my machine.