Molly's gift for Sherlock

And you want to see Sherlock in one of those things! YOU! One of the older people on this forum!  :blink:

And you want to see Sherlock in one of those things! YOU! One of the older people on this forum!  :blink:

There may be snow on the roof, but there's fire in the hearth.

• Like 5

Hey, not me, kiddo!  I stand by my "Ewwwgghhh!"  (And I got just as much fire on my hearth as anybody.   ;)  )

Oh, it is appalling, but still, I would like to see Sherlock try it on.  I'm not particularly certain he has issues with his body anyhow.

• Like 1

I think I'll go with the sheet thing from SiB

Well, none of those are on Netflix, and my local Family Video is lacking in films from the UK! :cry:

Whoa... you still have a Family Video??!?  I haven't seen one of those for some time.  In fact, I just realized we don't have any movie rental places near us anymore, except Redbox.

Well, none of those are on Netflix..... :cry:

Oh yes they are!

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/To-the-Ends-of-the-Earth/70202617?strkid=552015203_0_0&strackid=4363277cca4cfae3_0_srl&trkid=222336

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Masterpiece-Contemporary-The-Last-Enemy/70202588?strkid=1969590401_0_0&strackid=4f98ed76cf4ec3da_0_srl&trkid=222336

Frankenstein, no, since it doesn't exist on DVD yet as far as I know.

Hmmmm, are you sure you're old enough to see these? :D (Ends of the Earth is wonderful, by the way. Enemy is worth it just to see BC, imo.)

Whoa... you still have a Family Video??!?  I haven't seen one of those for some time.  In fact, I just realized we don't have any movie rental places near us anymore, except Redbox.

The death of Blockbuster hit us all hard. :(

Well, none of those are on Netflix..... :cry:

Oh yes they are!

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/To-the-Ends-of-the-Earth/70202617?strkid=552015203_0_0&strackid=4363277cca4cfae3_0_srl&trkid=222336

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Masterpiece-Contemporary-The-Last-Enemy/70202588?strkid=1969590401_0_0&strackid=4f98ed76cf4ec3da_0_srl&trkid=222336

Frankenstein, no, since it doesn't exist on DVD yet as far as I know.

Hmmmm, are you sure you're old enough to see these? :D (Ends of the Earth is wonderful, by the way. Enemy is worth it just to see BC, imo.)

I meant on Netflix, like, I don't need to order it, I can just turn on my PS3 and click on it. :cry:

I meant on Netflix, like, I don't need to order it, I can just turn on my PS3 and click on it. :cry:

Aha, I see, you're one of those technologically advanced people. :rolleyes:  How were you going to watch it if you were able to get it from Family Video, then? :blink:

Hunt around online, maybe you can still find them there. That's what I did.

Aha, I see, you're one of those technologically advanced people. :rolleyes:  How were you going to watch it if you were able to get it from Family Video, then? :blink:

PS3s can play DVDs too. Gee, you make me feel real young! :lol:

• Like 1

I hate actual hard copy discs at this point.  Like I'll buy them, so I have them in case my fav stuff is removed from Netflix/Amazon streaming, but it's so nice to not have to go get a disc from either a store or order it through Netflix.

PS3s can play DVDs too. Gee, you make me feel real young! :lol:

Ohhhhhhhh. :blush:

Well, we're even then, you make me feel real old! :P

• Like 2

We have a family video as well.  I see it every Sunday and Wednesday when I'm at church as it is across the street and I have to drive by it every time I enter/leave the church parking lot.

There are times I wish my sister still had the DVD Netflix as there are so many things I would like to watch but can't as they don't stream it.

Well, none of those are on Netflix, and my local Family Video is lacking in films from the UK! :cry:

Bendy... you need to Youtube those things!  They are there!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello! First-time poster and new member.

Well, I'd bet that Molly's gift to Sherlock was something he'd appreciate very much, as someone else mentioned, a field test kit or some type of scientific forensic equipment. 

But what *I* really want to know is WHY was Sherlock SO terribly "snarky" that night, not just to Molly, but especially to Molly?  Why did he go out of his way to so thoroughly tear her down and humiliate her like he did?  This seemed to me a bit in the extreme even FOR Sherlock.

Thanks to anyone who'd like to share their thoughts on this!

Missy

Hey, Missy -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

I agree that Sherlock really outdid the snark that night, even by his own standards.  My best guess (which I believe has already been mentioned by others, probably on the "Scandal" thread) is that he felt uncomfortable with that many people.  Usually he can escape such situations by merely not going ("Of course I'm gonna miss dinner, there'll be people!") or leaving just as soon as he can sneak out (e.g., John & Mary's wedding).  But with the party right there in his own living room, he was kinda trapped.

Hi Missy! Glad you found us! :welcome:

I admit, I have wondered the same thing you have. He wasn't all that bad at first, but he seemed especially displeased to see Molly arrive. Why is that? I suppose she might have just been the final straw that broke the camel's back; one more "stupid" person in the room than he could stand. Or maybe it was the festive way she was dressed (bow in hair) that set him off? I can see that he might find that unbearably cute and "sentimental".

When he got to making his deductions, though, I think he simply zeroed in on Molly as being the most vulnerable person there; like a bully who chooses the weakest person to torment. To his credit, though, once he realized he was being a bully, he had the grace to be ashamed of himself. The most remarkable thing to me about that scene is, he actually cared enough to apologize to her. Who would have guessed?

• Like 1

We've had discussed it several times already (which should not discourage you in any way - we love to repeat ourselves)

http://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/5-episode-21-a-scandal-in-belgravia/page-39?do=findComment&comment=69391

http://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/2687-molly-hooper/?p=60372

• Like 2

We've had discussed it several times already (which should not discourage you in any way - we love to repeat ourselves)

http://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/5-episode-21-a-scandal-in-belgravia/page-39?do=findComment&comment=69391

http://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/2687-molly-hooper/?p=60372

One person's repetition is another person's reminder and yet another person's brand-new info.  Besides, hearing something again can often trigger some new thoughts on the matter.

• Like 1

Well, clearly you're all missing the point that Sherlock was JEALOUS of mystery man...   ;)

• Like 2