Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

For people who loves puzzle, something to spend time on while waiting for series 4. The deadline is January 31.

f4p73l.jpg

• Like 1

Just nothing, but being ordered by doctor to rest while waiting for medication to knock me out, moving fingers only, I wander in internet world.

Does any of you guys aware that there have been dog clonnings? Legal and all, there are even clonning services provided if one could afford it. And it's not new news.

Whuatt... I had been living under the rock..!

At least that is what I found.

Best Friends Reunited

Dog about to die, why not clone it

Not sure what to think and how I feel about it right now.

arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/12/hoverboards-arent-just-for-christmas-why-self-balancing-scooters-keep-exploding/

This has come to my attention today. Alert for those who consider a hoverboard for gift.

• Like 1

Just nothing, but being ordered by doctor to rest while waiting for medication to knock me out, moving fingers only, I wander in internet world.

Not sure I like the sound of this. If you don't reappear by this time tomorrow we're sending in the Marines.

Does any of you guys aware that there have been dog clonings? Legal and all, there are even cloning services provided if one could afford it. And it's not new news.

Best Friends Reunited

I don't like the idea, to be honest. As much as I hate losing my furry friends, it seems wrong somehow to try to reproduce them. It keeps them from being as special, somehow. :(

arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/12/hoverboards-arent-just-for-christmas-why-self-balancing-scooters-keep-exploding/

This has come to my attention today. Alert for those who consider a hoverboard for gift.

This seems to be for real.  Here are similar warnings from CNN and the Today Show.

• Like 2

Does any of you guys aware that there have been dog clonnings? Legal and all, there are even clonning services provided if one could afford it. And it's not new news.

Best Friends Reunited

Sounds like something that would appeal to people who think the only important thing about a dog is what it looks like.

And a clone won't even necessarily look quite like the original.  I once knew a pair of identical twins (basically natural clones) who didn't really look all that much alike, except in a general-description sort of way.  I think one had had health problems, so that the other one was taller and more robust.

• Like 2

An interesting tidbit from the internet:  A forensic scientist has recreated the face of a typical Semite living near Galilee in the first century, stating that the reconstruction presumably bears a much closer resemblance to the appearance of the historic Jesus than do the typical artistic renditions.  Here's the account in Popular Mechanics and also in the Daily Mail.

• Like 1

I saw that trending on FB earlier today.  I can buy that as a strong possibility for the looks of Jesus.

Aren't the most popular artistic portraying of Jesus' face is actually modelled after Cesare Borgia? :D

Not sure I like the sound of this. If you don't reappear by this time tomorrow we're sending in the Marines.

No, no, no. Don't send in the Marines.

GET SHERLOCK. :)

It's just funny allergic reaction I suppose, on and off for days without any consistency. Everything is fine except discomfort because it's extremely itchy. I was advised to rest but apparently resting makes it more likely to appear. I am okay on the move, even flying, but when I sleep or sit still, it's not. I guess it just don't like me resting. Nasty.

I don't like the idea, to be honest. As much as I hate losing my furry friends, it seems wrong somehow to try to reproduce them. It keeps them from being as special, somehow. :(

Sounds like something that would appeal to people who think the only important thing about a dog is what it looks like.

And a clone won't even necessarily look quite like the original.  I once knew a pair of identical twins (basically natural clones) who didn't really look all that much alike, except in a general-description sort of way.  I think one had had health problems, so that the other one was taller and more robust.

Yah, I am with you guys. Nothing will ever be the same. For me, if cloning ever makes sense, it's to retain what is in the brain and personality, if it's possible at all, not look. However, I can't help but thinking there is always a sinister side to it, something incomplete, inaccurate. For example if we cloned Sherlock, he might have the brain and look, but he would switch side? (Blabber..!)

Aren't the most popular artistic portraying of Jesus' face is actually modelled after Cesare Borgia? :D

XD
  • Like 1

Quite possibly -- if he was the one who commissioned the painting!

It's just funny allergic reaction I suppose, on and off for days without any consistency. Everything is fine except discomfort because it's extremely itchy. I was advised to rest but apparently resting makes it more likely to appear. I am okay on the move, even flying, but when I sleep or sit still, it's not. I guess it just don't like me resting. Nasty.

Wow, sounds really frustrating!  Maybe it's just as bad (in a sense) when you're busy, but you don't notice it as much because other things are occupying your thoughts.  I'm like that with a lot of things.  I can deal with pain or discomfort relatively well as long as I'm amusing myself, but just try to get some sleep....

Anyhow, hang in there.  And good luck to your doctors!

• Like 2

Thank you, I'm good. Beside discomfort and horribe look, I am totally fine. When it happens, it's very visible and 'feel-able'. Could occur in matter of minutes, and last for a while, or dissappear in matter of minutes as well. I can't determine the cause because there is nothing constant. Further reading said it's some kind of reaction to histamine release, blood plasmas leak from small blood vessels to the skin, and like what doctor said, it's almost impossible to determine the cause. Managed to get some rest, will be good or do something more about it.

Anyway, watched Nat Geo's Wild Case yesterday featuring Montauk Monster, about a mysterious carcass washed ashore that look nothing like any known animal. It is eventually concluded as

racoon

but not everyone buy that. What is more interesting is, when it was found, the local article referred it as Hound of Bonacville, yes.., in respect to ACD's Hound of Baskerville. Similarly, there is research facility nearby and of course, conspiracy theories about their experiments.

• Like 1

No, no, no. Don't send in the Marines.

GET SHERLOCK. :)

:applause::thumbsup:

You should put that on a t-shirt.

128fs318181.gif

I shall make that my resolution. :)

• Like 1

In case we are too busy to come here..2cx9lyc.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(Didn't really mean it in sociopath way).

And, oh, please enjoy the punch.

But don't drink Mary's tea.

• Like 5

6fr5zkxu.png

Gosh, I don't remember being so exhausted by Christmas in my life. I bought myself a present: a domain name www.221c.eu - earned just enough with the designs to pay it :P And well, now I have to fill this web-space with content. But my brain doesn't care. About anything.

At least I've managed to have a web access at my mom's place, so we will probably just sleeping and watching crap telly. Or I'll be watching Sherlock on my laptop and check who's hanging around at Speedy's (now it's only few steps away!)

ETA: I won something! Sherlock_de had a little prize competition - I won and could pick mine - I initially wanted a Sherlock calendar, but at the end I decided to get the new Doyle compilation. Yep, it's Christmas!

• Like 5

Nice! You are really at 221C now.

Christmas is on Friday. Do check if Mycroft and John are there. They have Fish and Chips every Friday.

Or join us in 221B, we always need extra hands to trap Sherlock with thousands of mistletoes. It would be fun, I promise.

Just a suggestion, put me in your will for 221C.

• Like 2

Spent 25 Dec in relative darkness because of sudden electricity problem. Candlelight Christmas is so romantic ^.^

• Like 4

JP, I moved your post about Lara Pulver in Gypsy to the "articles" thread .... best spot I could find for it.

• Like 2