Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

Oh dear :unsure:. Glad to hear that you're okay, whee - is everyone else in your family okay, too?

My best wishes to you and your folks and keep safe!

• Like 1

Good heavens, Ruthy!  I'm really glad you're OK, but you must have lost just about everything (NOT including any pets, I hope?).

Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I live by myself so no family involved and have no pets. I'm with a housing association and in a hotel at the moment and they will rehouse me eventually and I have contents insurance so will recover furniture etc but cannot replace personal possesionss.

Take care,

Ruthy xx

• Like 2

Good to hear from you, Ruthy! Glad to hear that at least you'll recover the material assets, if not the personal stuff, which of course must be godawful :(.

You take care of yourself :hugz: . We're thinking of you.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your kind wishes :hugz:  I've been put up at a really nice hotel and will find out more tomorrow from a housing association rep. I have a card from the library and can post for however long I want, so will be able to post. :)

• Like 1

Great to hear from you, Ruthyone! Hang in there, we'll be sending positive vibes your way :smile:.

After doing research which many seemed to have missed is the Moriarty conundrum. Jim Moriarty shows up in the great game answering his phone with his left hand. However "Richard Brooke" is right handed and you notice this when he says to stop. You all saw the face I gave him looking at him like who is this person? Well before I jumped off the roof of Bart's, Moriarty shoots himself with his left hand. Earlier in the Reichenbach Fall you hear a reporter say James Moriarty. So him coming back never happened. Jim really is dead and Professor James Moriarty, Jim's twin brother, the real mastermind is James who never died in the first place and acted as Richard Brooke.

SH

Interesting point, and welcome to the forum :wave:. But don't you think that if Moriarty could act that Richard Brooke persona convincingly, he might also have faked right-handedness?

Still, it's an interesting detail. When exactly was that scene where he appears right-handed - at Kitty Riley's?

That is debatable, and has in fact been debated hotly :lol: in various threads in the series 3 subforum. Have a look around and jump into the respective threads :smile:.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie - the best thing that happened to me all week just occurred when I took a buzzfeed quiz called "Who should you marry?" and got this result:

You should marry Benedict Cumberbatch. Go to him. You belong together. You’re not destined for any ordinary marriage. You were meant for something special, something Cumberbatchian. Can you imagine if you hyphenated your last names???

I knew I wasn't deluded! ;-)

• Like 2

I just took that quiz (shh -- don't tell Alex!) and got this result:

You should marry a merman. You’ve been waiting your whole life for the kind of love that neither a man nor a fish can provide. Why didn’t you think of this before? Half man, half fish, all love machine. Everyone will be so jealous of your fishy ocean romance.

Of course, I didn't know who the people in the photos were, so I may have answered a couple of the questions wrong.  :(