The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

This was cute.  :happy: 

Cute, yes, but when I heard they were doing a live action remake of Bambi, I somehow expected the video quality would be a little higher. :P 

• Tongue 2

Sounds like my cats. They always insisted on following us on our walks, then would poop out half way.

14 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Sounds like my cats. They always insisted on following us on our walks, then would poop out half way.

That's why I don't encourage our neighbors' dogs to follow me when I go for a walk -- halfway along, they might get tired or run off after a rabbit and not be able to find their way home.  Even though I'd enjoy the company, I don't want the responsibility.

• Like 1

It's new to me! Adorable... (I miss having a cat … *sigh*)

3q3xN4K.jpg

This is a sea sheep. It's a type of sea slug, very small. According to Bing: "It grazes on algae just as a sheep grazes on grass ... Sea sheep don’t digest the chloroplasts in the algae they eat—instead, they absorb the energy-producing cells. As a result, the leaf-like fins all over the sea sheep’s back are loaded with working chloroplasts, making the sea sheep one of the only non-plant life forms on Earth with the ability to photosynthesize—that is, produce its own energy using sunlight and water." (Link.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sea slug is one of my favorite for underwater photography. They are colorful, unique and most don't move as fast. And they have fascinating beautiful looking egg ribbons.

Anyway, not sure I understand cats anymore.

20190101-225010.jpg

20190101-225141.jpg

And..another magic trick!!!!

20190101-225624.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... not sure I understand cats anymore.

You used to understand cats?  Please enlighten us!

Wait a minute, I just figured out why it's been so quiet around here lately == VBS, you're back!!!  :applause:

2 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

You used to understand cats?  Please enlighten us!

For example:

Meow = feed me before I claw on your face

MEow = play with me before I claw on your face

MeOw = let me out to mate and make you bunch of kittens before I claw on your face

MeoW = surrender your tummy to be my throne before I claw on your face

MEOW = nevermind, I just feel like clawing your face

After a while, it's easy to get the pattern really. But as I said, it's been almost two decades since I had a cat, they might change it a bit now that I'm able to decipher their code to take over the world or just misbehave.

...Like puppy kidnapping.

20190101-225610.jpg

Wait a minute, I just figured out why it's been so quiet around here lately == VBS, you're back!!!

Coincidentally, my high school friend, the only one I'm keeping in touch with, said the same, he said there is a new small group chat (just the closest friends we both know) and it's quiet so he threw me in to make some noise. :confused2: And I started by calling them all macaques and accusing them for being less cute... XD

• 4 weeks later...

While waiting my turn at the vet's office recently, I got to talking with a farmer who'd had to start turning off the circuit breakers to the cow-barn lights at night, because the cows had learned to turn the lights on by licking the switch.  He put outdoor-type switch covers over the switches, but they learned to lick them open and then turn on the switch.  He installed the covers upside-down, and they somehow managed to break them off, once more leaving the light switches accessible to the bovine tongue.  :cowdance:

Note:  American light switches are flipped up for on and down for off.

Note:  American light switches are flipped up for on and down for off.

Except when they're not …..

I guess I should have said "typically."  There's no physical reason why a light switch can't be installed the other way, but the US standard has "on" at the top.

When I was in Puerto Rico for a seminar a few years back, the first time I took a shower I couldn't get the hot water to work.  Of course a cold shower in PR isn't nearly as ascetic as a cold shower in Alaska, but I sure didn't dawdle.  When I reported it to the office, they said that shower was backwards.  And so it was, with hot on the right and cold on the left.  I was so accustomed to the standard that it had never even occurred to me to try the other handle.  :facepalm:   All the other showers in the facility were set up in the usual way.

The wiring in my place is wonky.  My bedroom light switch was mixed up somehow, so up is off and down is on.   :picard2:

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

And so it was, with hot on the right and cold on the left.

That's how my mom's shower is … even though the markings on the knob show it the other way 'round. Drives me nutz.

• 2 weeks later...