What Series of Sherlock is Your Favourite?

What is Your Favourite Series So Far?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite series so far?

• Series One
    • Series Two
    • Series Three
    • Tie between Series 1-3
    • Series Four (including the Special)
    • Tie between Series 1-4

I actually think John and Sherlock could be sheep herders instead of detectives and I still would love the show, because of the characterizations and the acting etc. :P

If we keep Sherlock as Sherlock minus the consulting detective part, I don't think the flock of sheep would live long.  When I learned a little about how a sheep's mind works, I finally understood the game Lemmings in a whole different light (sheep are very much like Lemmings).  But I agree otherwise fully.

• Like 1

Sheep have minds? :P

Just think :goldfish:

• Like 2

Sfmpco, that is the one I watch. One of a few.

Not familiar with the cast work outside Sherlock (except Benedict and Martin), there are new footages about Irene Adler, Molly and Moriarty, that's why I thought it's real trailer. Are they from other shows?

Arcadia, agree, I would watch it.

Even when they sre only sitting around in Baker Street (actually those are best part of Sherlock).

Sfmpco, that is the one I watch. One of a few.

Not familiar with the cast work outside Sherlock (except Benedict and Martin), there are new footages about Irene Adler, Molly and Moriarty, that's why I thought it's real trailer. Are they from other shows?

Arcadia, agree, I would watch it.

Even when they sre only sitting around in Baker Street (actually those are best part of Sherlock).

Yes, it's a mash-up of the actor's works.  There's one little thing in there of Benedict laying on a bed and I don't know what that's from.  Still, it makes for a good promo.  That gal has some other videos of Sherlock S4 promo ideas, but the MY DEAR WATSON is the one I think is the best.  She just makes them for fun because she was learning the editing software.

Yes, it's a mash-up of the actor's works. There's one little thing in there of Benedict laying on a bed and I don't know what that's from. Still, it makes for a good promo. That gal has some other videos of Sherlock S4 promo ideas, but the MY DEAR WATSON is the one I think is the best. She just makes them for fun because she was learning the editing software.

With such a determination. The color scheme and style really fooled me.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

For me my least favourite is series 1.

This is because it features my worst episode - The blind banker. Also Sherlock is short of portrayed as a anti-protagonist and is sometimes unlike able. A study in pink does brilliantly introduce the characters and Moriarty is set up well as the villain with that brilliant final scene at the pool.

In the middle I have placed series 3.

I love series 3. Charles Augustus Magnesun is a superb "business man". What a reunion scene between John and Sherlock as well. Why haven't I placed it at my favourite series? Well, I feel like Sherlock and John don't have quite as much chemistry now that John is married and lives elsewhere.

My favourite series is series 2.

"the rechenback fall" has the greatest cliffhanger in TV history in my opinion and is my favourite episode of all time. Scandal is my second favourite episode and I love Hounds as well. Three really well done stories with really intriguing plots.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Cumbercowley -- nice to see you posting again!  :wave2:

Why I left was that I was getting really bored of the wait for episodes.

Last week though I rewatched all 9 episodes (even TBB) and I thought I would make my return.  :wave:

• Like 1

I see that you've just posted this on your profile page:

Do we have a thread for favorite characters; if we do could you point me in the direction of it please.

And the answer is yes, we certainly do.  And of course I will:  here it is!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Lol. Certainly not too complicated plotlines but season 4 focused too much on the supposed emotional contents it becomes boring to those who prefers witty and adventurous story. Too much veering to that territory is not good, on this retrospect the best season is the second.

• Like 1

Lol. Certainly not too complicated plotlines but season 4 focused too much on the supposed emotional contents it becomes boring to those who prefers witty and adventurous story. Too much veering to that territory is not good, on this retrospect the best season is the second.

:-D No wonder I have comparatively little to complain about with series 4, I am quite comfortable with a lot of emotion.

So you think S2 was the most plot based? Interesting! I would have said S1. But S1 is also my favorite, so maybe not. Is S2 your favorite?

I don't mind a lot of emotion either but it seemed like season 4 only did it half way so it wasn't as meaningful as it could have been.

Season 2 was the beginning of bringing emotion into the show with Sherlock's feelings for Irene whatever they were, pondering his sentiment is for the losing side belief, his feelings for Molly whatever they were and preparing for his fake death with its associated affect on John. Season 3 continued on that trajectory.

Season 1 was the most plot driven to me. The only real character driven aspect of season 1 was establishing Sherlock's relationships/friendships with John, Lestrade and Mycroft.

• Like 1

Too much something always lowered its value on the market. In plain speaking, too much unbelievable moments and ridiculous executions made the supposedly profound moments becomes cheap and tacky. Season 2's small moments, right sentences-gestures-dose made the 'emotional moments' shone like polished precious stones under the light of the audience's watchful eyes. Season 4 is the worst of the series so far, full with unbelievable plotholes that a train can easily drive through. If this is the final season then SHERLOCK had went out with a whimper. It used to have a good sense of pace and blend of genres but after watching season 4 for the first time the strongest impression that left is it is like watching a romcom made with small budget and noob staffing from all levels. FYI, a good sense of pace and ability to choose the correct words-sentences to use is not always can be taught so in light of the unpalatable mess that is most of season 4 I am questioning the competence of those in charge of the making of SHERLOCK. Unless what they really aimed is for the fans to demand at least another season to show that they still have it to create something that would be praised for a long time after its end.

• Like 1

Sorry, dear J.P, they are the same people who made S1&S2. Everything went downhill from the first episode of S3 and the fallout hasn't stopped yet!

I have no idea of all the factors involved that lead to this... failed experiment but now they have much to answer for in the next season (if there is).

• Like 1

Perhaps, but hope spring eternal. For the sake of a series that begin with plenty of potentials a fix-it season 5 is necessary if SHERLOCK is not to be shelved as yet another failed creation that left bitter after taste.

• Like 1

I think most of us had parts of season four we weren't crazy about. 

But, for anyone thinking a season five would fix things, it is worth considering the writers might go further down the road already taken. Personally, I'd rather a special, as they seem capable of making a lighter, more 'fun' special, as opposed to the darkness of season four. If they do make a season five, there is that risk that they might try and top the drama of season four. I'd love to see a return to the tone of any season 1-3, in a new season.

• Like 3

Well, they did say that Sherlock has now become (the modern equivalent of) the classic Sherlock Holmes.

By which I certainly hope they mean that any future episodes will focus on Sherlock and John solving crimes -- which I take to be the point of Mary's voice-over epilog as well.

So there is hope, I think.

• Like 3

Moffat also said he had an interest in bringing Irene back so who knows what mix of crime solving you'd get.