Who Is Your Favourite Main Character?

Undead Medic

Who is your favorite main character?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite main character?

• Sherlock Holmes
    • Dr. John H. Watson
    • Mrs. Hudson
    • DI. Greg Lestrade
    • Jim Moriarty
    • Irene Adler
    • Molly Hooper
    • Mycroft Holmes
    • Sgt. Sally Donovan
    • Janine
    • Eurus Holmes

Yeah that's why I don't like her. Even when she's always wrong, she still has attitude. Especially after TRF.. Really. Now Anderson has repented, so I like him now.

I know! If I were Lestrade. I would've gone all Dr. Watson on him like in TEH. I did laugh really hard in that scene. In all fairness Lestrade could have texted him what's wrong... But knowing Sherlock he wouldn't answer... Causing even more anxiety to poor Lestrade.

• 4 weeks later...

True, he did get it right, didn't he? Okay, I'll try to like him a little bit. :)

I did say Sherlock. my second favorite is probably Lestrade. I find him really loveable. They made his character a little overly stupid for a detective. But I really like him. I hope they don't kill him off or anything.

• Like 1

I can't imagine they would (though my expectations have never stopped Moftiss before).

And I don't see him as stupid at all.  True, he's not Sherlock Holmes, but then who is?

And I don't see him as stupid at all.  True, he's not Sherlock Holmes, but then who is?

He's Gavin .... er Greg !!  :lol:  I see that they call him small and rat-like in the books, but I think he's rather handsome ... our Greg.  :wub: 

Debbie

Hmmm. Well I guess it seems the he never gets anything right, except for that meat scene in HOB. Other than that they show John figuring things out quicker than Lestrade, like in TGG with that dead security officer.

My recollection is that John and Greg are pretty much in agreement about the dead museum guard, so I'd call the first part a tie:

JOHN: He’s dead about twenty-four hours – maybe a bit longer. (He looks up at Lestrade.) Did he drown?
LESTRADE: Apparently not. Not enough of the Thames in his lungs. Asphyxiated.
JOHN: Yes, I’d agree.

... though John is indeed just a bit ahead of Greg later:

SHERLOCK: Have you ever heard of the Golem?
LESTRADE: Golem?
JOHN: It’s a horror story, isn’t it? What are you saying?
SHERLOCK: Jewish folk story.

He does dispense some good advice, our Greg ... when asked by the reporters how to prevent the suicides in ASIP, he says, quite sensibly "don't commit suicide" !  Gotta appreciate a man who doesn't complicate things.  :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love John. He couldn't have more layers, he's such a fascinating creature that seems ordinary to almost everyone. Only Sherlock (and Mycroft, maybe) is able to see how fascinating he can be.

The character has extraordinary depth (a vast improvement if we compare him to most other Watsons, or even all of them), we have yet to know a few things about his family background (I hope we will), and Martin Freeman is perfect playing him.

• Like 2

I've been looking at the votes in the poll above, and noticed that a good many of them come from people who either have never been active on the forum, or else haven't been around at all lately.  So I decided to see what the votes would be if we count only the 55 people with at least ten posts total, who have actually posted anything during the Series 3 era, beginning January 1, 2014:

Sherlock Holmes:  Alice Holmes, besleybean, Bakerstreet Irregular, SH/LotR/Zelda Fan, Janie, Earendil, Karie, sherlockandjohn, Let's_have_dinner, Zain, Ruthyone, mangopony, Sherlock_luvr, Sophronia, Pamela, mxmarg, Arcadia, Pawse, The Rani, Magpie, CumberCookieCrumble, Redbeard, Slithytove, Convict13, Alex the Dabbler, jesskayding, Elementary, Schlauer Fuchs, joanneta1 --- 29 votes or 52.7%

John Watson:  Banshee, Undead Medic, Carol the Dabbler, Caya, ToniLianne, Omega, genre, TeylaHolmes, Crazypplz, Experimental, Lady Vengeance --- 11 votes or 20.0%

Mrs. Hudson:  --- 0 votes or 0%

Greg Lestrade:  aely, JessieBlackwood --- 2 votes or 3.6%

Jim Moriarty:  Alfie, CarrieHarayel, Professor Farnsworth, Dragonslayer, Bendydoodle Cantaloupe --- 5 votes or 9.0%

Irene Adler:  SherLOCKED221, SherlockBatman --- 2 votes or 3.6%

Molly Hooper:  Liselle, Sherlollyforcanon --- 2 votes or 3.6%

Mycroft Holmes:  Mr. Holmes, Detective Prince, Meyers, Shadow Dweller --- 4 votes or 7.3%

Sally Donovan:  --- 0 votes or 0%

It's interesting how omitting people who haven't posted much (or haven't posted recently) brings Sherlock's percentage down.  I suspect that a lot of casual fans favor him simply because he's the most noticeable character, while more serious fans are more likely to pay attention to the other characters as well.

• Like 2

Uh, what is this?  Did I not vote?    :wacko:

ETA:  Oh, that's right... I couldn't choose... like it's probably Sherlock.  But then I really also love Molly and Mycroft sooo.....

I like Moriarty. I don't know why. Do birds of a feather flock together or is this an example of opposites attracting? xD

• Like 1

I like Moriarty. I don't know why. Do birds of a feather flock together or is this an example of opposites attracting? xD

Probably he's what your heart's desire manifested, what you want to be. Freedom to make his own rules and have enough leverage to make other people follow it, an exciting life, etc :D

• Like 2