Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

@rowdy crowd, hate them all, young and old.

But to me, making noise in cinema is more unacceptable, fellow audience don't have the choice to escape or avoid you. Normally I watch movie because I want to rest my body and just activate my mind.

 

The cinemas I go too even have ads in the beginning that says 'No Talking'.

 

If it's up to me, I'd whack their muzzles :p with classified edition newspaper, you know the one with ads that is at least 2-3 inch thick.

  • Like 1
Posted

I watched Humans, still watching Orphan Black and want to start Mr.Robot.

 

ORPHAN BLACK <3 Which episode are you watching?

 

OT The secret life of pets

Posted

I had finished two seasons and encounter problem when I was about to start season 3, that was why I switched to Human and Westworld, but now I had finished with both, I will try to continue season 3. :)

Posted

Please do, and tell me what you think of it

Posted

Have you finished all of available seasons? I shall catch up, hopefully there is no problem anymore with my programs.

 

What I can say is I think the main actress is really really really talented.

Posted

Let me know what you think of Mr Robot if you start watching that :) I've seen all the first season, haven't had a chance to watch the second yet though. I think the first episode of the first season is by far my favourite. 

I watched Orphan Black for a while but then I stopped, I don't know why because what I saw I enjoyed. 

I've been sucked into watching Yuri!!! on Ice recently, I'm not really into anime but I like that one, it's pretty funny.

Posted

Yea there was a lot of buzz about it because the two male main characters get together, but that's not the unusual for anime anyway.

Posted

Showing my age here, but: It's a Wonderful Life. 10/10. So there.

  • Like 1
Posted

It's a Wonderful Film!

 

Mary Poppins still holds up too. (You can see what's on my TV these days! :smile: )

Posted

I did, and Tatiana is amazing!

Yes, she makes them believable. You know what I mean. :P

It probably take a long while for me to catch up. I only get one episode a day and it refuses to play more because of unspecified error.

And I have long holiday next week, which I mostly won't spend on watching TV. But I'll let you know what I think later when I get it done.

 

Let me know what you think of Mr Robot if you start watching that :) I've seen all the first season, haven't had a chance to watch the second yet though. I think the first episode of the first season is by far my favourite.

I will. Haven't started because I want to give it full attention, but once I start, usually I binge it very fast.

I'm not sure what it is about actually, but something tells me I will like it. Usually I go with my gut and genre.

 

I'm reading about Westworld here and there trying to get some of my questions answered, just found out that it is actually very well known and heavily spoiled/speculated out there.

Lucky me, I went in didn't know anything at all except a very brief idea about it which is the concept that attracted me, I shut down reading anything about it. And of course it's much better that way, for me at least.

(And that's why I shy away from all S4 speculations. Some of you prone to get it right, I believe, So I don't want to know :P)

 

Showing my age here, but: It's a Wonderful Life. 10/10. So there.

Never heard of that. What is it about?
Posted

All I know about It's a Wonderful Life is it's a black and white Christmas film and generally considered a classic. I've never watched it though, so I'll settle in for the blurb too :D

Posted

Star Wars-Rogue One 6/10

 

Watched this yesterday in a premiere in our tiny cinema. It wasn't bad, but not good either. In general it felt boring, too much action and flight scenes to my taste. It also felt like a movie made just for fanservice. (have to admit that Vader's cameo was pretty cool though. :P)

 

 

Posted

Star Wars-Rogue One 6/10

 

Watched this yesterday in a premiere in our tiny cinema. It wasn't bad, but not good either. In general it felt boring, too much action and flight scenes to my taste. It also felt like a movie made just for fanservice. (have to admit that Vader's cameo was pretty cool though. :P)

 

How would you rate the "The Force Awakens"? I ask, because you're description of Rogue One is about how I would describe The Force Awakens. I'm hoping to find time for a movie this weekend and wondering if I should spend my hard-earned money on Star Wars or another viewing of Dr. Strange. :smile: Or maybe Fantastic Beasts.

 

 

Showing my age here, but: It's a Wonderful Life. 10/10. So there.

Never heard of that. What is it about?

 

All I know about It's a Wonderful Life is it's a black and white Christmas film and generally considered a classic. I've never watched it though, so I'll settle in for the blurb too :D

What a couple of lightweights!!!!! :D

 

Okay ... It's a Wonderful Life is an old-fashioned feel good story made back in 1946, so it's probably really hokey by today's standards but I don't care. It takes place in the kind  of small American town that never really existed but most Americans believe did, so who cares about that too. :P The plot? A man who feels his life has become worthless is given a chance to see what everyone else's life would have been like if he had never been born. It ends on Christmas Day so it's considered to be a Christmas movie, but it's not about Christmas, it's about the quiet heroism of the ordinary man. It's heavy on fantasy elements but also feels very real, mostly due to a brilliant performance by the late, great Jimmy Stewart, in probably the best role of his career. It's extremely funny, beautifully acted and directed, and decidedly sentimental. Also it's in black and white, although there is a colorized version out there. Here's a modern trailer; view at your own risk. :D

 

  • Like 1
Posted

I am not a fan of classic, but that actually sounds interesting.

I hope it's not tear-jerking emotional-manipulation human movie? :p

 

I could never like Star Wars.

Posted

There's some tear-jerking in it, but mostly it's funny and idealized.

Posted

There are tear-jerking moments here and there, but the film works anyhow.  It's overall lighter in tone than the trailer would imply (but trailers are like that, and it's a good trailer).  And there's a good ending.  I like it, though I kinda prefer "A Christmas Story."

Posted

I loved the Christmas Story when it first came out. But it feels a little mean-spirited to me now. I find I just keep getting sappier every year. Next thing you know I'll be saying Love Story is a great movie. :blink:

Posted

I like Bad Santa, haven't seen the second one but the first one cracks me up - and yup, it's definitely mean spirited. The bit that always sticks with me is when he yells at the mother and son when he's on his lunch break... it's like wish fulfilment, because the number of times in the past I've been doing customer service jobs and really wanted to yell at someone for butting in on my lunch break when I'm not being paid. It does my cold little heart good. ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.