Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

Yesterday I debated a male-supremacist about the fact that there are women who are good in STEM. The next time I knew, a woman said that I embarrassed her by treating the thread as a debate forum to win. Doesn't know that I have to follow the man's rules and be mislead everywhere instead of setting my own rules in order to defeat my opponent. Sherlock will die at the end of season 2 if he follow Moriarty's rules. :lol:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone didn't realize yet that I am seriously weird: Aside from Sherlock, here's the fictional guy I am currently most in love with:

Garrus.jpg

Thank you, Caya, for introducing me to him... :D

• Like 1

Nothing weird about this, with that voice of his :wub:.

Garrus Vakarian, codename: Archangel, all-around Turian bad boy and dispenser of justice in an unjust galaxy.

Garrus Vakarian, codename: Archangel, all-around Turian bad boy and dispenser of justice in an unjust galaxy.

I dream of one day replacing my name and function on my name tag at work with this. Then see how long it takes for anybody to notice... :P

• Like 1

I dream of one day replacing my name and function on my name tag at work with this. Then see how long it takes for anybody to notice... :P

Back during the original miniseries of "V" (wherein Earth is infiltrated by space aliens calling themselves "Visitors"), I was working in a university research lab.  Due to government contracts, we employees were required to wear our photo-ID badges at all times, and any non-employees who came through had to wear temporary badges.

I was so tempted to get one of those temporary badges (a very simple matter) and mark it boldly with the logo used by the aliens on the show.  Then if anyone asked me what the heck that was, I'd say it was a Visitor's badge.  :P

But that woulda just been too easy, y'know?  (And besides, I'm chicken.)

• Like 2

Oooh! Pictures, pictures!!! (I'm so jealous...)

• Like 1

She looks kinda like our Nelly. :smile:

Over here, kitties with that fur pattern are called "tuxedo cats" because of their resemblance to a man wearing a formal suit with a white shirt.

• Like 3

OMG. Except for the pink nose, she looks exactly like my Panda. (Panda had a black nose.) Aw, I want to hug and squeeze her.... :d

• Like 2

That glossy & soft-looking coat... *fingers twitching* Must hold back from treating Julie like a super cute border collie puppy, hrhngngn....

• Like 2

So cute! Reminds of my two cats who looked like her. It's nice that you adopt her.

Hey Julie...come here..

I want one.

• Like 1

It's a good thing none of us live near you, or you'd be receiving a lot of visitors. Well, your cat would! :d

• Like 5

Ohhh!!! She's so nice! I'd really love to have a cat, but my parents don't want to keep one :(

That was my problem too when I used to live at my parents' house...they would not let me have a cat or dog, because they would be walking around the house (they would not want any pets for themselves), but at least they let me have other pets (which stayed in my room - well, they didn't see it coming when the hamster and the mice broke out of their cages...:giggle:), this is actually why I ended up with rabbits now instead of a cat or dog in my own house, haha...And I don't regret it. The rabbits are a lot like cats actually. Vegetarian cats. :D

A while before I had them, I thought about a cat, but I had still other pets like the rats and the gerbils, so a cat would have been not a very good idea, and now it's the rabbits.

My dad has two (very furry) cats, he's always been the one who liked pets, but my mum and my stepdad would not.

• Like 1

It's a good thing none of us live near you, or you'd be receiving a lot of visitors. Well, your cat would! :d

I'd love that! I would like to meet you as all